ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Sorenson

PSU_Lion_Fan

Oct 24, 2017
Duncannon, PA
A few years ago, it was announced that Brandon Sorensen was being treated for leukemia. I did read that he was in remission but that was about two years ago. Has anyone heard how he is doing?

A few years ago, it was announced that Brandon Sorensen was being treated for leukemia. I did read that he was in remission but that was about two years ago. Has anyone heard how he is doing?
1 year ago:

Couldn’t hurt to ask there. I thought I saw something more recent from @IAChief32 in a different thread. My recollection is that he was doing well. 💪🏻

Reactions: creamery freak
1 year ago:

Couldn’t hurt to ask there. I thought I saw something more recent from @IAChief32 in a different thread. My recollection is that he was doing well. 💪🏻
Brandon was always one of my favorite Hawkeye wrestlers. I always felt bad that he was matched up with Zain. Then again, I felt bad for anyone matched up with Zain.

For some cancers, such as the one I have, you aren't "cured" -you are treated into remission because the mutant cells cannot be completely eradicated and they make come back.

I remember reading he had a form of leukemia (and in some cases these things are misnamed-my "leukemia" is actually a chronic low grade lymphoma)

I visit my oncologist every six months. He's told me that I had this thing for years as it is an insidious and indolent thing, and my treatment should be good for 5-10 years typically, although some go longer. He can reuse the same chemo or simething stronger, depending on its reemergence. I expect we'll be talking wrestling again in my next appt in Dec, just short of four years since my treatment, Dec 2019.

Long story short. When you hear that a blood cancer patient is in remission, think "successfully treated and living a mostly normal life"

Pro Tip.. If you are over 50, get a CBC aa advised by your provider, catching stuff early can give you a bettee chance of not needing transfusions and other supportive stuff.

For some cancers, such as the one I have, you aren't "cured" -you are treated into remission because the mutant cells cannot be completely eradicated and they make come back.

I remember reading he had a form of leukemia (and in some cases these things are misnamed-my "leukemia" is actually a chronic low grade lymphoma)

I visit my oncologist every six months. He's told me that I had this thing for years as it is an insidious and indolent thing, and my treatment should be good for 5-10 years typically, although some go longer. He can reuse the same chemo or simething stronger, depending on its reemergence. I expect we'll be talking wrestling again in my next appt in Dec, just short of four years since my treatment, Dec 2019.

Long story short. When you hear that a blood cancer patient is in remission, think "successfully treated and living a mostly normal life"

Pro Tip.. If you are over 50, get a CBC aa advised by your provider, catching stuff early can give you a bettee chance of not needing transfusions and other supportive stuff.
If I were you I’d check out this scientist from Boston College. Hope the best for you.

1 year ago:

He is doing well. Working with guys in the room. No this is not CaelSpeak for he's dead.;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT