ADVERTISEMENT

Bouts are wrestled for a reason

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
With a 5-5 split possible tonight, by rankings, what are you’re guesses for the most likely “upsets”?

Reactions: diggerpup
I like Berge has a possible upset... not likely but he is good on his feet.

If RBY goes and is as quick as normal I see him beating Pletcher. Also, Berge matches up well with Jordan. Micah shoots like crazy and Berge has one of the best go behind/re-attack games in college wrestling. I’m excited to see that match. If it happens of course

does it count if my upset is that a guy wins by more than expected? i know pletcher doesn't usually win big but he does have a couple of pins over low level guys this year. he could put stossel on his back and force PSU to wrestle with (more) abandon.

I hope I am wrong but from what I have seen of Berge and Jordan this year, Berge has no chance of winning tonite.

Stossel over Pletchero_O

Think everyone’s covered the most likely. For me..most likely to least lightly

RBY over Pletcher
Schnupp over Malik
Lee over McKenna

I see everything else as chalk. If Shhakur was 100% I’d add him to list, but if he is what we saw last week it could be major MyMar

I don’t see any of our favorites even close to losing

Reactions: diggerpup
If Rasheed had no health concerns whatsoever I'd shakle my upset hopes to him. However, that not being the case, I'm leening toward Nick.

Stossel over Pletchero_O

Think everyone’s covered the most likely. For me..most likely to least lightly

RBY over Pletcher
Schnupp over Malik
Lee over McKenna

I see everything else as chalk. If Shhakur was 100% I’d add him to list, but if he is what we saw last week it could be major MyMar

I don’t see any of our favorites even close to losing
Yu

Most to least likely if everyone wrestles:

RBY over Pletcher
Schnupp over Heniselman
Lee over McKenna
-
-
-
-
-
Moore over Nickal
-
-
Berge over Jordan
Rasheed over Martin (It wold be higher if Rasheed was healthy, but, Myles is a beast)
-
-
-
Smith over Hall
Singletary over Cassar
Campbell over Joseph
-
-
-
Hayes over Nolf

With a 5-5 split possible tonight, by rankings, what are you’re guesses for the most likely “upsets”?
As everybody else is thinking I think Schupp can win, I believe Lee does win and if healthy Bravo-Young most likely would have beaten Pletcher.
Unlike some I don't see Rasheed putting much of dent in Martin's armor, however Rasheed should wrestle Martin tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: funkisfun12
Good posting folks...here’s hoping at least one happens!!! Might need it.

Last edited:
If RBY goes and is as quick as normal I see him beating Pletcher. Also, Berge matches up well with Jordan. Micah shoots like crazy and Berge has one of the best go behind/re-attack games in college wrestling. I’m excited to see that match. If it happens of course

I know Pletcher isn’t a scoring machine and we joke about him regularly, but the dude can wrestle. That guy has more 1-0,2-0,3-2 wins than probably anyone. Him and Sasso at Hershey in the quarterfinals. Sammy was aggressive and wrestled a great match but Pletcher just did what he does. I hope RBY can get him, I really do. At least Pletcher is a PA guy so I refuse to dislike the guy even though he’s been tanning.

After seeing last year's match at Rec Hall, I really think that Lee can take out McKenna. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

After seeing last year's match at Rec Hall, I really think that Lee can take out McKenna. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

Nick Lee really turned the corner in the Mich. dual. Cody was so pumped for him. It was obvious Nick executed perfectly on what they had been working on; driving through forcefully and finishing his takedowns. High AA or champ if he continues that mind-set.

Reactions: funkisfun12
Seems like a lot of the same sentiment as last year in that folks just underestimate / sell McKenna short which I don’t get. I am going with Rasheed as most likely upset

Berge upsets Jordan. My prediction for this thread. Not for KYPSW :D

Crazy how far Berge has fallen in the past three weeks in the eyes of the wrestling podcasting crowd (Christian Pyles and Ben Askren, specifically.) He’s has one bad loss and one mediocre win followed by two weeks out of the lineup. I didn’t have the nerve to pick him to beat Jordan, but I’ll bet he shows up to scrap tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT