ADVERTISEMENT

BOT Alumni Nominations end Tuesday, Feb 25th at 5:00 PM EST

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
Let's finally get Barry on the actual ballot.

Barry J Fenchak 1984

If you don't have a nomination ballot read below:

If you don't have a nomination ballot please fill out the form at the attached link. If there are any issues call the outside service, eBallot, at 866-307-0041.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Resp...crXrHxuFUQTFQR0FRTk5KQk9GSzhFMzk0SjBPWkVBTS4u

You don't need to be an Alumni in order to vote. If you completed one semester worth of classes, and are no longer attending classes you are eligible. Here is cut/paste from the Membership Selection page:

All graduates who have received a first or bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree from the University, and former students (limited to those persons who have satisfactorily passed one semester’s or two terms’ work, or more, in any University program which requires two years, or more, for completion and which results in a degree) shall be eligible to vote for alumni trustees, at the election next following the year of their graduation or the year following that in which they were no longer in attendance at the University, subject, however, to the procedure next stated.

Link: https://trustees.psu.edu/selection.html

Let's finally get Barry on the actual ballot.

Barry J Fenchak 1984

If you don't have a nomination ballot read below:

If you don't have a nomination ballot please fill out the form at the attached link. If there are any issues call the outside service, eBallot, at 866-307-0041.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Resp...crXrHxuFUQTFQR0FRTk5KQk9GSzhFMzk0SjBPWkVBTS4u

You don't need to be an Alumni in order to vote. If you completed one semester worth of classes, and are no longer attending classes you are eligible. Here is cut/paste from the Membership Selection page:

All graduates who have received a first or bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree from the University, and former students (limited to those persons who have satisfactorily passed one semester’s or two terms’ work, or more, in any University program which requires two years, or more, for completion and which results in a degree) shall be eligible to vote for alumni trustees, at the election next following the year of their graduation or the year following that in which they were no longer in attendance at the University, subject, however, to the procedure next stated.

Link: https://trustees.psu.edu/selection.html
Thanks, Nap

With the way that wackjob goes off around here, the vile terms he has used toward other posters and his overall horrid attitude I can’t think of someone worse to represent alumni on the board.

With the way that wackjob goes off around here, the vile terms he has used toward other posters and his overall horrid attitude I can’t think of someone worse to represent alumni on the board.

It's unfortunate. I know that Barry has a passion for this stuff, puts more time into it and actually cares about being a steward for the University a lot more than many of those currently on the board, etc. Our views on a lot of the important issues impacting the University and it's future align.

However, I couldn't nominate, support, or vote for someone that often attacks others, uses terms like "cocksucker" and "retard", has a personal vendetta against many of those people that he'd be working with, etc.

And with that you are officially a RETARD. :eek: .

;)

If representing alumni on the board was the job you would have a point worthy of discussion. However, the job is to be a Steward of the University. None, yes NONE, of the elected trustees have acted as stewards of our University, nor have any of them attempted to act as stewards.

So, you feel good about nominating people who won't do anything? Barry will at least try. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I feel good about nominating people that can have a constructive conversation where disagreements don’t lead to a string of obscenities and insults. That ain’t Barry.

So, you feel good about nominating people who won't do anything? Barry will at least try. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I’d prefer what’s behind door #3 (as in, other options).

I’d rather not read the headlines about the trustee from my alma mater calling someone a “cocksucker” in a public meeting, regardless of what’s currently happening on the board.

Reactions: PS4814
Just because you don’t respect the job done by previous alumni-elected trustees doesn’t mean BARRY. :eek: is likely to be better. BARRY. :eek: ’s approach is not necessarily a recipe for success just because it’s different.

Y'all got three choices:

1) You can support folks who are ready, willing, and able to do the job

2) You can support folks who are not ready, not willing, and not able to do the job

3) Or you can Taliaferro (and abstain from voting).

And, if you prefer option 1), sadly, you only have one person available for the three seats up for election.

Good luck.

Just because you don’t respect the job done by previous alumni-elected trustees doesn’t mean BARRY. :eek: is likely to be better. BARRY. :eek: ’s approach is not necessarily a recipe for success just because it’s different.
Is "doing the F-ing job" not a "recipe for success"? At least a better recipe than NOT doing the F-ing job?
Hell, is it not a REQUIREMENT?

LOL

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein.

Seems we keep on putting the same people into the BOT and get the same results. Go figure.

I assume you like to read headlines about how our tuition is highest in country for public universities. Or how about our academic standing has dropped to almost last in the Big Ten. Yea, I love reading about that as well.

You don't get it...the others have done nothing. Barry will at least try, and he'll be around here to keep you up to date.
Yes, those would be less embarrassing to me than having a Trustee throw out a homophobic slur in a public setting, or snap and call someone a “retard” in a meeting.

Reactions: PS4814
I'd like to see him on the board just to see if he can back up his bravado.

Note that he has never said anything like "hey this is an Internet forum, of course I would be respectful in the real world, but at the same time I'd be aggressive and creative."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein.

Seems we keep on putting the same people into the BOT and get the same results. Go figure.

Yea first you might want to look up the history of that quote - it’s not one of Einstein’s. But even if it was since you brought up Einstein I think it’s fair to say he’d be against a raving lunatic being put in a position of power. Kind of one of the reasons he fled Germany.

I am curious how many of you have ever met Barry called Barry etc? You judge on a message board posts... in the last seven year been a lot of worse things said and posted than anything Barry says.

Talk to him..... he’s posted his email and other contact info...

The idea that any one (or any nine) alumni elected trustees can stop or even slow the runaway train that is the BOT is a deluded one.

If you are looking for amusement, by all means elect Barry. Hell, elect him just for the pure hell of it if you want to or because he's worked so hard for it. But don't expect any change without serious structural reform- reform that is beyond the power of any minority group on the board. The fix is, and has been, in for years.

That power lies only in Harrisburg, and you folks in PA won't kick out your current legislators regardless of how corrupt they are- so quit your bitching and accept the status quo, because it isn't changing.

Reactions: WDLion
You ever hear of the Old College Try...that's where we at one this one. It doesn't cost a penny to toss Barry into the ring.

"Having a defeatist attitude means that you give up before you've even started, like the runner who is so convinced he's going to lose the race that he doesn't even bother to go to the starting line. A defeatist is the opposite of an optimist."
a circle jerk is a circle jerk, no matter how optimistic the participants are

I am curious how many of you have ever met Barry called Barry etc? You judge on a message board posts... in the last seven year been a lot of worse things said and posted than anything Barry says.

Talk to him..... he’s posted his email and other contact info...
Why is so hard to be civil on a message board? If he really wanted posters to back him he could start by losing his high and mighty attitude. He's said more than once that he doesn't give a f what posters think of him. What a way to build support. Now i expect to be called an idiot.

Why is so hard to be civil on a message board? If he really wanted posters to back him he could start by losing his high and mighty attitude. He's said more than once that he doesn't give a f what posters think of him. What a way to build support. Now i expect to be called an idiot.

SWEET. JEEBZUS. :eek:

GOOD. GRIEF. :eek:

What is the ID Barry goes by on here. I would like to make my own evaluation of his conduct.

stormingnorm

I think you would be better served checking his twitter Facebook etc.

He puts out more information than the 38 trustees put together...

Reactions: psugrad85
I nominated Barry because I want to see him on the ballot. I don't know if I will vote for him or not at this point. I'll wait to see who else is on the ballot. Nominating someone is not the same thing as voting for them. I sign petitions all the time to get people I don't know anything about on the ballot.

There's some truth, and a lot of stupidity, in this thread.
I'll try to avoid writing a soliloquy - because much of it has already been covered ad nauseam..... like in the posted link:

Anyone who wants to rehash most of that stuff can find it all laid out in this thread:
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/bot-nominating-period-begins-today.258332/page-3#post-4634863

But I'll just make a couple points:

1) Thinking that I would - for example - call Dambly out as a "c^cks^cker" (even though it is abundantly true :) ), just to piss him off, is idiotic.
Not because I say so, but because it is proven - abundantly.

Just a little anectdote:
Just yesterday, while sitting through hours and hours of those meetings.... something that I do just so that SOMEONE will be there to try to provide the truth of what goes on, and share it with Penn Staters (including folks on this board).... I find myself sitting 5 feet away from two of your Trustees, holding a conversation about which one of them is more "generous in sharing their wealth" (folks could probably make a pretty good guess as to who those folks are :) ) ..... all while acting as nothing other than the most self-serving, hypocritcal parasites possible.

Now, knowing what I know about those characters, it would be very easy to - hell, it would be abundantly justified - to reach over and rip out their throats...... certainly more than justifed to stand up and call out their "c^cksuckery". ESPECIALLY when one doesn't have any other means through which to hold them accountable.
But, time after time after time.... I don't. Why? Because that wouldn't serve the purpose.
The PURPOSE, is not to piss off Dambly, or to make Barron piss his pants, the purpose is to try to enlighten folks with the hope of catalyzing at least a small ember of demand for proper governance of the University.

So that whole song-and-dance that as a Trustee - who is given the standing to actually do the job (which is all one needs to do) - I would be calling out Masser as a retard, and calling Barron a c^cks^cker..... is just stupidity.
Not because I said so, but because logic - and the facts and actions over years and years - simply prove that to be so.
If certain folks want to keep beating that drum? Fine (see Item 3 :) )

2) The thing that is needed, is to have folks on the Board who will do their damn job.
In doing so - if they do it right - are they gonna' piss of Dambly? Are they gonna' make Barron piss his pants? Are they gonna' be looked at as "enemies" by Masser and Lubert and the rest of the cabal?
Damn right they are. But that's not the goal - that is the result of doing your damn job.

Someone sitting in one of those Trustee seats has no need to call Dambly a c^cks^cker - they just have to do their job.... and the world (or, at least, anyone paying attention), will see Dambly's c^cks^ckery clearly enough - - - - when he is thrown into the spotlight by others doing their job. THAT is the goal.

3) Now, as for the "attacks" (for lack of a better term) on me in this thread..... is there some Truth in some of the comments? Yep, for sure.
I DON'T care what a lot of the anonymous "Screen Names" here think about me. There are probably 20-30 folks who post here who I know, to one degree or another (and who know me). The vast majority of those folks are good folks - and I do care what they think.

Those folks who stay hidden in complete anonimity? Sure, fine, that's their right - and it doesn;t mean they are bad people.....
But, yeah, in many cases there is a reason for that. Just as with the PSU Board - the more one tries to keep things hidden, the more likely it is that what is being kept hidden is "no bueno".

Those folks who want someone to tell them what they want to hear? Those folks who, for whatever reason, prefer to be sung a lullaby - and be told everything is hunky-dory, or who prefer to live in some fantasy-land where all of the obvious issues and dysfunctions of PSU governance simply can be ignored? Those folks who are more comfortable avoiding the truth and the facts, and just want someone to feed them a line of hypocritical nonsense, and pick up the pom-poms to lead the cheers?
Yep. Screw Them.

"Screw Them" not because I am oblivious or naive to not recognize that pandering to that demographic would greatly enhance one's chances to "Win a seat on the Board"...... hell, that is plenty obvious just in watching what has happened over the last 8 years.

Some have suggested - some very directly, some more discreetly... some with good intentions, some without - that I should play that game - to pander and be "self-serving", so as to "Win a seat on the Board" - and then I can have access to do what I think is right.

But..... I ain't gonna' do that. I ain't gonna' do that for several reasons:
1) It ain't in my nature
2) I simply do not think it is righteous... in fact, I find it distasteful.
3) Being supported by folks who are so easily manipulated by someone selling them a line of recycled oats - folks who give more weight to hypocritical BS, ahead of Actions - isn't really something I desire.

Does that impede the likelihood that I am on the PSU BOT? Certainly.
But "being on the Board" ain't my goal (in fact, having 38 people who's goal IS to be on the Board, is a huge problem).
My goal is righteous governance for the University. Getting into one of those seats by being a pandering, hypocritical bull-shitter doesn't seem - to me - to be a very good way to start.

4) And this is, I think, an important point - which some folks don't want to face up to:

If you all are electing folks who are NOT viewed by Dambly as an enemy.
If you are NOT electing folks that make Barron want to piss his pants.
If you are not electing folks who introduce at least some element of FEAR into Dambly, Masser, Barron, Lubert ...
If you all are NOT electing folks who are committed to opposing those folks in the most strident manner - with tremendous effort and ability......
YOU ARE ELECTING THE WRONG FOLKS.

Just one specific "for instance" (meant as an example, not to "pick on" one particualr person):
Way back when, 8 years ago, we elected a Trustee who expressed that the Leadership of the Board was like a collection of Third-World Dictators. That they were an unholy cabal.
They were right..... or, at least, what THEY SAID was correct.

- We elected that person.
- Two years later, he was clasping hands and slapping backs with those "Third World DIctators" as - TOGETHER - they were committing malfeasance and serving their own self-interests ahead of those of the University.
- That person would meld into a "Trustee" who, by his actions, was utterly indistinguishable from those "Third World Dictators"
- Hell, we RE-elected that person.... even as he, and they, became busom buddies.

Again, that isn't to "pick on" one person.... because, as a group, the whole lot of them (the folks we elected), BY THEIR ACTIONS AS STEWARDS FOR THE UNIVERISTY - - - largely actions of OMISSION (sloth), and occasionally actions of COMMISSSION (self-interest), have been nearly indistinguishable from those we need to oppose.

You all do what you want.

Someone sitting in one of those Trustee seats has no need to call Dambly a c^cks^cker - they just have to do their job.... and the world (or, at least, anyone paying attention), will see Dambly's c^cks^ckery clearly enough - - - - when he is thrown into the spotlight by others doing their job. THAT is the goal.
There shouldn’t be a need, or reason, to ever attack people with homophobic slurs. For me, using those slurs (whether on a message board, or in a board meeting) is enough to show me they shouldn’t be representing my alma mater in a leadership position.

And as I said before, that’s really unfortunate, because I think that Barry does truly care about what’s best for the University.

There's still time left but you'll have to act quickly. Let's get Barry on the ballot.

Barry J Fenchak 1984

Reactions: psudukie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT