ADVERTISEMENT

boeheim is "disappointed".

9fold

Aug 22, 2001
See the link. Break out the Kleenex and the boots. From the video on that link:

"The committee chose to ignore the efforts which I have undertaken over the past 37 years to promote an atmosphere of compliance within the Men's Basketball Program."

rolleyes.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/9 9:12 AM by 9fold

https://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12446895/jim-boeheim-syracuse-orange-vows-stay-not-going-anywhere

Not surprisingly if you read the comments section, Joe's name gets tossed around a little bit. Seems Jimmy and Joe are now forever linked on the list of America's most hated icons.

Originally posted by Player2BNamedL8r:
Not surprisingly if you read the comments section, Joe's name gets tossed around a little bit. Seems Jimmy and Joe are now forever linked on the list of America's most hated icons.
It's a crime to have Joe associated with boeheim. boeheim deserves the criticism.

Anyone else have issues with coaches being the fall-guys for their universities & ncaa?

Do you want to know why Jim is no Joe Paterno?

After finding out a former assistant coach was being charged with multiple counts of child pedophilia, JVP said "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

After getting sanctioned for multiple violations including booster payments and grade fixing, JB said "I'm not going anywhere."

The problem with society today is no one is willing to take accountability for anything when things go wrong and everyone wants to take credit when things go right. There are still a few good ones left, but the pool is shrinking fast.

His plight is in no way comparable to what happened at PSU

Blenheim oversaw an outlaw program that for many years broke clearly understood NCAA rules, and after an extensive NCAA investigation is being punished.

Joe oversaw a model program that was a model for compliance with NCAA rules, yet was punished for criminal activity outside of the sports program and without an NCAA investigation.

Re: His plight is in no way comparable to what happened at PSU

^^^THIS^^^ 'bout as simple as one can explain it...

Buy a clue. No. The guy driving the bus is the guy responsible, not the

"fall guy".

No, no issues with cheaters getting called out for what they are.

I do have an issue with posters that try to make analogies between situations that are as different as night and day.....

This post was edited on 3/9 6:46 PM by CappyToCJF

Reactions: FHSPSU67
See the link. Break out the Kleenex and the boots. From the video on that link:

"The committee chose to ignore the efforts which I have undertaken over the past 37 years to promote an atmosphere of compliance within the Men's Basketball Program."

rolleyes.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/9 9:12 AM by 9fold

https://espn.go.com/mens-college-ba...-syracuse-orange-vows-stay-not-going-anywhere

Some differences between Paterno & Boeheim:
  1. Joe graduated 90% of his players
  2. Boeheim graduated 45% of his players
  3. Joe had a former assistant coach commit crimes (that he voted no on allowing kids in the Lasch building)
  4. Jim had an active assistant coach committing crimes
  5. Paterno said that with the benefit of hindsight he wishes he had done more.
  6. Boeheim defended Bernie Fine and called Bobby Davis a liar.
I'm sure there's more.

Hmm. I think a flag could be called on that, for those of us with prurient interests.

I kinda miss 9fold. The guy could be a real tool but his heart was in the right place and through thick and thin, he always had Joe's back.

Some differences between Paterno & Boeheim:
  1. Joe graduated 90% of his players
  2. Boeheim graduated 45% of his players
  3. Joe had a former assistant coach commit crimes (that he voted no on allowing kids in the Lasch building)
  4. Jim had an active assistant coach committing crimes
  5. Paterno said that with the benefit of hindsight he wishes he had done more.
  6. Boeheim defended Bernie Fine and called Bobby Davis a liar.
I'm sure there's more.

but, but, but, Jimmy was always nice to the media, and that's the really, really important thing, right? (Just in case I'm not clear, my dislike for Boeslime is only a slightly greater than for the "journalists" who consistently cut him slack.)

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT