ADVERTISEMENT

Board Member Needs Your Help

psuken

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Folks, I started a Gofundme campaign to help me pay for my cancer treatments. I was able to keep up with the expenses for better than two years but I now have bills in collections and more to soon follow.

If you can help my campaign can be found at gofundme.com and my campaign name is ‘Cancer treatments leading to bankruptcy ‘.

Or, you can access it at THIS LINK.

Thank you and sorry I had to ask for help.

Ken Vollmer

Reactions: lionbacker and Ski
Folks, I started a Gofundme campaign to help me pay for my cancer treatments. I was able to keep up with the expenses for better than two years but I now have bills in collections and more to soon follow.

If you can help my campaign can be found at gofundme.com and my campaign name is ‘Cancer treatments leading to bankruptcy ‘.

Ken Vollmer
I am a PSU alumni class of 1977.

Hey guys, let's do what we can to assist Ken. Most of us have a lot of fun on this board, but some things are a tad more serious.

Ken, best of luck with the GoFundMe campaign, and more importantly best of luck in kicking cancer's ass, at least in your body.

Please keep us posted on the campaign, and on your medical situation.

Ken Vollmer
Ken. I hope you can get what you need and get better. I just contributed and will forward to others. Best Wishes and I hope you reach your goal

Ken. I hope you can get what you need and get better. I just contributed and will forward to others. Best Wishes and I hope you reach your goal
Thanks very much. Really appreciate your donation and kind words.

Reactions: brupsu

Ken Vollmer
Ken, are there particular meds that raise issues? There are often manufacturer or foundation support programs that can help.

Ken, are there particular meds that raise issues? There are often manufacturer or foundation support programs that can help.
I’m being driven by the cost of chemo therapy and other hospital costs that my insurance company doesn’t cover. I participated in a clinical trial that didn’t work and I ended up being worse off than I was.

Good luck with your battle Ken. I donated a bit and I hope others will follow. Come on posters.

Reactions: psuken

Ken Vollmer

Ken, I wish I could help because I know what you are going through. I have been taking care of the expenses for an unofficially adopted daughter with cancer. It has been 15 months since she has had a day without going for a medical appointment. Her expenses are in the neighborhood of 10,000 a month.

Folks, please help Ken, if you can afford it. Battling cancer is tough. Battling cancer with debt hanging over your head is even tougher.

Good luck, Ken. Medicine is making great strides. Every day is one day closer to new treatments and a possible cure for this nasty disease.

Ken, I wish I could help because I know what you are going through. I have been taking care of the expenses for an unofficially adopted daughter with cancer. It has been 15 months since she has had a day without going for a medical appointment. Her expenses are in the neighborhood of 10,000 a month.

Folks, please help Ken, if you can afford it. Battling cancer is tough. Battling cancer with debt hanging over your head is even tougher.

Good luck, Ken. Medicine is making great strides. Every day is one day closer to new treatments and a possible cure for this nasty disease.
I wish your daughter success beating her disease. It is rough but I believe we can do it.

Reactions: Jovialgent

Ken Vollmer
Done and best wishes for a long life!
BB

Folks, just wanted to let you that the CT Scan from this week showed that the tumors had all reacted favorably to the treatments and had retreated somewhat. I was happy about that as was my oncologist.

Thank you all for your help and any help you may still be able to provide.

Ken

Folks, I do appreciate all of your help. I stay optimistic and I continue to believe and love my life.

I do need to ask for more help. I feel trapped by the debt from my treatment. Thank you for everything you have done for me. God Bless you.

Ken

Ken Vollmer

We've got your back, bros.

Ken Vollmer

Done Ken and best of luck. I won't even pretend to imagine what you are going through. I'm so proud of how the other McAndrews Board members are stepping up to help out. I'm especially touched by a Pitt Panther Fan showing a lot of class and also donating. Your situation and the donations demonstrate such a good side of human behavior and make me so PENN STATE PROUD.

Ken Vollmer

Folks, the stress and angst are really piling up. I am under real pressure to pay off $2500 of the debt by Wednesday.

You all have helped tremendously and I appreciate it very much. This will be the last time that I approach you because I don’t enjoy asking for help as I know every family has problems.

Your friend in need,

Ken class of 77

Hey guys, please consider helping psuken with the situation he is facing. You can contribute to his GoFundMe page at the link in the original post.

Reactions: lionbacker
Guys, as we enter the holiday season, I hope many of you will consider helping out @psuken. Any and all assistance could help a fellow board member in their time of need.

Tom thank you. Things aren’t going well for me. The cancer has spread into both lungs and Moffitt recommended that I don’t attempt any more chemo therapy.

Happy Holidays everyone. I appreciate all of you.

Sorry to bring the bad new but it appears our friend Ken lost the fight:

thanks for updating us, @PSUBrewer

@psuken's post on 12/4/19 did not suggest a very bright future for him.

I'm saddened whenever we lose a member of the board community. My condolences to the family of @psuken.

Also, my thanks to all that stepped forward to made things a tad easier, financially, for @psuken, in his final months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT