ADVERTISEMENT

Board: I'm misspell words, and rarely check my grammar. Please, I don't need a grade on my post..

You're a good man Mr. Potter, and your point is well taken. We all make spelling, and grammatical errors, in our posts from time to time. A little leniency should be given as a matter of board courtesy.

Agreed, but if someone starts spewing crap about how smart they are, or how dumb someone else is, and they have spelling or grammar mistakes... it's time to open the flood gates.

Don't worry. It's only the people that post intelligent arguments critical of C/S/S/P that will be called stupid, idiot, moron, fool, etc.

Don't worry. It's only the people that post intelligent arguments critical of C/S/S/P that will be called stupid, idiot, moron, fool, etc.

Well if they post intelligent arguments, they won't be called anything. It's when they speculate and prothelyze that the viciousness starts.

(A word in my previous sentence was purposefully misspelled in order to keep with the them of this thread).

endow-5.jpg

A black pen is between her breasts.
A black penis between her breasts.

Spelling and grammar count people!

endow-5.jpg

The same goes for proper capitalization!!!

Jane helped her Uncle
endow-5.jpg

Proper capitalization is important too!
It's the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

When morons use "Should Of, Would Of or Could Of" instead of Should've, Would've or Could've; they are illustrating true ignorance and are an embarrassment to their educational institution. This is all the more worse if they hold a diploma from PSU! This is not a slip of the thumb while typing on your phone, it is ignorance.
Are you in a bad mood Ziggy, hangover?

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
I'm more concerned about your relationship with your phone's battery and it's remaining "life-expectancy" if any.

RIP Mr. Battery. I'm sorry that you couldn't survive a weekend in Pittsburgh. :oops:

Had to use the warranty and get a replacement

The same goes for proper capitalization!!!

Jane helped her Uncle

Proper capitalization is important too!
It's the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Jacket off! Jacket off!

I am fresh as a daisy Step but I was called a racist for referring to an inane comment made by Charles Barkley and it ruined a perfectly beautiful January day here in the "Burg"! :eek:
Do you mean an Indy 500 racist?
Ah Ziggy, might be a fine January day in the Burg, but here in the north east, we've moved on ...to April :confused:

When morons use "Should Of, Would Of or Could Of" instead of Should've, Would've or Could've; they are illustrating true ignorance and are an embarrassment to their educational institution. This is all the more worse if they hold a diploma from PSU! This is not a slip of the thumb while typing on your phone, it is ignorance.

I get spell correct can screw things up, and that people just miss words when trying to type, it's what you described that bothers me. Not a mistype, just a misunderstanding of the use of our language. And the more casually we treat it and the less we insist people abide by it, the worse it gets.

I get spell correct can screw things up, and that people just miss words when trying to type, it's what you described that bothers me. Not a mistype, just a misunderstanding of the use of our language. And the more casually we treat it and the less we insist people abide by it, the worse it gets.

JoePa would tell us to give your very best at all times, and never lower your standards. That's the way I was raised, and why I will always approach any aspect of life, including posting on a message board, with high standards. That doesn't mean I don't make the occasional mistake. Typing on an iPhone is nearly impossible!

What is even worse than poor spelling and grammar are those that constantly need to link videos, memes, or excessively use smilies to try and make a point. There is of course one smilie that never seems to get old. :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT