ADVERTISEMENT

Blehar: The NCAA turns a blind eye to Michigan State

i won’t profess to know USGA’s policy; however, we do know that she was one of the USAG officials who was present in the interviews of potential victims during that six week long investigation. Her level of participation/influence in the interview and investigation may be unknown to us, but we do know she had some role during those six weeks beyond simply reporting it up.
Fair enough. That said, investigations do take time. Six weeks isn't crazy for something that serious.

It's always easy to say "should have/could have 'done more'", whatever "done more" means.

As we now know, the reason Joe was muzzled is that he was going to speak the truth. The BOT knew he would speak the truth. The BOT did not and does not want the truth to ever be known because it clearly illuminates them as a set of repulsive cowards who F***ed the university out of a quarter billion dollars.

Joe Paterno could have "spoken the truth" at a time after 10 PM EST on Wednesday 9-November-2011 (the moment in time when PSU leadership rightfully decided to fire him).

Let's not act like Joe never had the opportunity.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
As I've said a number of times ... Joe Paterno deserved to be fired because of his statement on the AM of Wednesday 9-November-2011. That alone.
Well, Joe had one of those too.
But his arrogant 9-November-2011 statement ALONE was enough for a firing.
JoePa earned his firing, it was well deserved.
Joe Paterno could have "spoken the truth" at a time after 10 PM EST on Wednesday 9-November-2011 (the moment in time when PSU leadership rightfully decided to fire him).
1*IRcQVn8JRcvekbuuGUi0Gw.gif

Reactions: 91Joe95
Fair enough. That said, investigations do take time. Six weeks isn't crazy for something that serious.

It's always easy to say "should have/could have 'done more'", whatever "done more" means.
I think this from Rachael Dehollander begins to explain “done more” in this particular situation.

Reactions: bytir
Rachel is a hero. Period.
I quite agree--however that does not make her omniscient. She may be 100% correct in her comments about Faehn. And she may not. Likely a court of law will determine a lot of that. Our current cultural move to the viewpoint that the "victim is always right" is leading to a dangerous viewpoint that due process no longer matters.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not saying anything about her victimization at the hands of Nassar. I applaud her courage and her fight. But with USGA? She may well be right (and I won't be surprised if she is)--but she also may be wrong as she wasn't there for all of the behind the scenes stuff. There can be and are valid reasons for silence during these kinds of investigations. We don't know in this case which is which. I know for a fact, in working with our police liaisons, that there's been any number of cases affecting our local neighborhood where the answer has been "we can't talk about an ongoing investigation".

I agree; however, the courage and fortitude to keep on keeping on is something I admire in individuals, when they KNOW what is going on needs to be brought to the attention of those who they believe should be acting. The brick wall of denial is not easy to tear down, and one can be injured in the process.

Reactions: Zenophile
I quite agree--however that does not make her omniscient. She may be 100% correct in her comments about Faehn. And she may not. Likely a court of law will determine a lot of that. Our current cultural move to the viewpoint that the "victim is always right" is leading to a dangerous viewpoint that due process no longer matters.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not saying anything about her victimization at the hands of Nassar. I applaud her courage and her fight. But with USGA? She may well be right (and I won't be surprised if she is)--but she also may be wrong as she wasn't there for all of the behind the scenes stuff. There can be and are valid reasons for silence during these kinds of investigations. We don't know in this case which is which. I know for a fact, in working with our police liaisons, that there's been any number of cases affecting our local neighborhood where the answer has been "we can't talk about an ongoing investigation".
NOPE! Rachael Denhollander is not the heroine of this case. Never was. In fact, it was her slimy atty John Manly (just substitute Shubin, Hamilton, Anderson, and all the other contingency fee money-grubbers in the Sandusky case) for HIM and you've got the same story: He prodded her to make this all about MSU, (big pockets)
When y'all decide to do the same due diligence for the Nassar case that you have done for PSU/Sandusky, let me know who the REAL case heroines were. There were 10. The top one? Name her. Not an MSU student, not an athlete. Not even a patient. The ENTIRE case was built/based on this woman's reports to her counselor, her parents, CPS, the Michigan Medical Board, and Law Enforcement. For YEARS. One reason I left commenting on this board? This INSANE vendetta and duplicity I see almost all the PSU related people who should know better displaying, all because they refuse to accept LAK Simon's apology in 2013 thru Dana O'Neil. Well before any Nassar allegations crossed her desk.

When y'all decide to do the same due diligence for the Nassar case that you have done for PSU/Sandusky, let me know who the REAL case heroines were. There were 10. The top one? Name her. Not an MSU student, Not an athlete. The ENTIRE case was built/based on this woman's reports to her counselor, her parents, CPS, the Michigan MEdical Board, and Law Enforcement. For YEARS. One reason I left commenting on this board? This INSANE vendetta and duplicity I see almost all the PSU related people who should know better displaying, all because they refuse to accept LAK Simon's apology in 2013 thru Dana O'Neil. Well before any Nassar allegations crossed her desk.

I haven't really followed this case, so I don't know all of the names. And I never saw an apology from Simon. Perhaps this is a good place to start our re-education?

Reactions: Nellie R
Same old tired political and journalist sensationalism game which will enable another serial predator in another state to remain undetected by key agencies they are reported to. Having a conversation with ONE Michigan journalist as we speak who left their job at a local TV station because they would not let her report the FACTS in this case. They are launching their own website.

Reactions: Zenophile
Will the Michigan state attorney spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to prosecute just so he can say no one is above the law?
Looks like it! Only it's a she, Dana Nessel (D). However, her predecessor AG Bill Schuette (R) is tho one who pulled a "One Term Tom" and brought these specious charges. He thought it would get him elected Governor. Nessel needs to drop the charade.

I haven't really followed this case, so I don't know all of the names. And I never saw an apology from Simon. Perhaps this is a good place to start our re-education?
Kyle Stephens. She's the first one who spoke publicly at the plea deal sentencing phase. There is video. Also, Google. Matt Mencarini has an article out there in the Lansing State Journal on this from Day 1 and and entire case timeline, endorsed by one of the main prosecutors, Angie Povalaitis. Matt has left LSJ and is now in Kentucky, but he was in the courtrooms from the beginning, well before this turned into another circus.

Kyle Stephens. She's the first one who spoke publicly at the plea deal sentencing phase. There is video. Also, Google. Matt Mencarini has an article out there in the Lansing State Journal on this from Day 1 and and entire case timeline, endorsed by one of the main prosecutors, Angie Povalaitis.

I know who Kyle Stephens is. She's the one whose father killed himself. Sad story. I can't find that article though. Too many articles pop up and I can't seem to locate one that matches your description.

Reactions: TheGLOV

It would have cost him his pension and he was thinking of Sue.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT