ADVERTISEMENT

BIG TIME Congrats Lion Fans!!!!!

Hawkman34

Mar 17, 2002
I just wanted to stop by and say how draining that game was for this Hawk fan!! Just a couple of things....

I believe that SB is the GREATEST running back I have EVER seen on ANY college team...PERIOD!! Can you tell me if you all think he is the best to ever wear a Lion uniform? Do you all think he is the best EVER that has worn a college uniform? I know this is a lofty statement....but come on....what he has been doing, and what he did last night was/is just so incredible.....give him the awards now!!!!

PSU will be playing for the National Championship. We played this game at home, Great home crowd.....gave it everything we had....and STILL came up short. To be honest, if this game had been at Happy Valley, the score would have resembled last years. But, I also think this game will really help the Hawks the rest of this year? Who will we see the rest of the year that has anyone even close to SB, has those many offensive weapons AND that kind of Defense?

I was not at all offended by Trace kicking the ball at the end. I felt it was just an emotional reaction with him thinking "Thank God this game is over and lets get the hell out of here with this win!" These are just kids, and emotion is expected.

Good luck the rest of the year guys...although, I don't think you will need it! LOL!!

:)

I just wanted to stop by and say how draining that game was for this Hawk fan!! Just a couple of things....

I believe that SB is the GREATEST running back I have EVER seen on ANY college team...PERIOD!! Can you tell me if you all think he is the best to ever wear a Lion uniform? Do you all think he is the best EVER that has worn a college uniform? I know this is a lofty statement....but come on....what he has been doing, and what he did last night was/is just so incredible.....give him the awards now!!!!

PSU will be playing for the National Championship. We played this game at home, Great home crowd.....gave it everything we had....and STILL came up short. To be honest, if this game had been at Happy Valley, the score would have resembled last years. But, I also think this game will really help the Hawks the rest of this year? Who will we see the rest of the year that has anyone even close to SB, has those many offensive weapons AND that kind of Defense?

I was not at all offended by Trace kicking the ball at the end. I felt it was just an emotional reaction with him thinking "Thank God this game is over and lets get the hell out of here with this win!" These are just kids, and emotion is expected.

Good luck the rest of the year guys...although, I don't think you will need it! LOL!!

Very nice post after what I'm sure was a really frustrating game for Iowa fans. If Iowa continues to play like that they will be in the big ten championship game. Good luck the rest of he way. (I would not want to be a Michigan State fan this week). ;)

Starting to think that SB could be as good as Barry Sanders. It is just incredible. The only other PSU player that I remember being so freakishly athletic was LaVar Arrington.

We won't know his pro potential until he plays and the opposing D has to play honest and not just key on him

Reactions: Hawkman34

Thanks Hawkman. Iowa played a heck of a game. Jewell is a heck of a LB and Nelson was bothering McSorley all day.

Barkley is probably the best ever at PSU but he has 8+ games to go so we'll see. One thing you might not have noticed that is under appreciated... Barkley is an outstanding blocker.

McSorley was wrong to kick the ball. Like you said it was emotions but that doesn't make it OK. To his credit he apologized and showed Iowa lots of respect during post game interviews.

Your tradition of waving to the kids in the hospital is already one of the beast in college football.

Thanks Hawkman. Iowa played a heck of a game. Jewell is a heck of a LB and Nelson was bothering McSorley all day.

Barkley is probably the best ever at PSU but he has 8+ games to go so we'll see. One thing you might not have noticed that is under appreciated... Barkley is an outstanding blocker.

McSorley was wrong to kick the ball. Like you said it was emotions but that doesn't make it OK. To his credit he apologized and showed Iowa lots of respect during post game interviews.

Your tradition of waving to the kids in the hospital is already one of the beast in college football.
Thanks bdgan......I am proud of the Hawks (and our new tradition!). And like I said, I think this game propels them. If we had lost to say...Nebraska or Illinois, then the teams mentally would have taken a hit. But, we lost to the # 4 team, with a TON of weapons, a superior D, and the best player in collage football. And you are also right in that Barkley is a GREAT blocker!!! Just a once in a lifetime talent!!!!

Go win the East!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT