ADVERTISEMENT

Big news at Pitt

NITTANYJGK

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
Psst.........

Pitt actually got a 4star commit today for their 2022 recruiting class. Pitt now closing fast on the top 10 team rankings.

His finalists were Pitt, Illinois, Virginia, Kentucky. Draw your own conclusions.

tenor.gif

pitt's first 4 star in a long time bounced them all the way up to #44 in the Rivals ratings. Just above NC State but behind Duke and Marshall. Narducci's wonderful personality is starting to pay off.

Reactions: marshall23
I guess that there’s a reason I should care but I can’t think of any.🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: MJG-90
I read the title of the thread and thought that they got a new Domino's near campus that could employ more students...or graduates.

We can rip on Pitt all we want, but that’s a big boy donation that will help their program - especially the head coach endowment, which they might need if they end up looking for one this winter.

We can rip on Pitt all we want, but that’s a big boy donation that will help their program - especially the head coach endowment, which they might need if they end up looking for one this winter.
IIRC, Pitt is on the hook for Narduzzi through the 2024 season. The endowment would certainly ease the financial burden if they move on to another coach. But for some reason Pitt thinks Dooz and his five loss seasons are awesome so it's anyone's guess what will happen.

I've also read Pitt's AD may be kicking the tires on other jobs. She seems to be a Dooz fan. If she leaves maybe a new football HC will follow. I'd personally love to see Dooz stay at Pitt for awhile.

IIRC, Pitt is on the hook for Narduzzi through the 2024 season. The endowment would certainly ease the financial burden if they move on to another coach. But for some reason Pitt thinks Dooz and his five loss seasons are awesome so it's anyone's guess what will happen.

I've also read Pitt's AD may be kicking the tires on other jobs. She seems to be a Dooz fan. If she leaves maybe a new football HC will follow. I'd personally love to see Dooz stay at Pitt for awhile.
A little off-topic, but is the AD pleased with Capel as basketball coach, or looking at changes?

Program seemed to be improving, but then they lost a ton of talent to transfers and had off-court incidents.

Unless this endowment is run differently than most by ASWP, it generates about $1mm p.a. once it's fully funded.

An endowment was established in 2007 for PSU's head coaching position. Initial funding was $5mm. Can't say whether it's been augmented over time.

A little off-topic, but is the AD pleased with Capel as basketball coach, or looking at changes?

Program seemed to be improving, but then they lost a ton of talent to transfers and had off-court incidents.
The AD hired Capel and inherited Narduzzi, and I think she likes Capel better, especially considering the rebuilds both coaches inherited. IMO their basketball team will be better than football this year, largely because Capel is a better coach than Narduzzi is.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT