ADVERTISEMENT

AKB- Turks & Caicos Vacations

republion

Mar 24, 2009
I'm looking to take the wife and teenaged kids to T&C. We don't need all the accoutrements of a fancy vacation, and are thinking about North Caicos for its seclusion and somewhat cheaper lodging options. Any T&C pros out there that want to chime in? Thanks!

I'm looking to take the wife and teenaged kids to T&C. We don't need all the accoutrements of a fancy vacation, and are thinking about North Caicos for its seclusion and somewhat cheaper lodging options. Any T&C pros out there that want to chime in? Thanks!
I always read "The Points Guy" for reviews. The first thing you need to decide is if you want to go all-inclusive. I love all-inclusive as I don't want to have to think about paying and/or getting ripped off. Plus, anyone can go eat anything at any time. The downside is that I don't drink so I feel like I pay for everyone else's drinks.

A friend went and stayed at Club Med for a reasonable but nice resort. They travel A LOT (wife is a flight attendant and they fly for free). They feel T&C is the best Caribbean place they've ever been. I was with them in St. Kitts in January.

Reactions: republion
I always read "The Points Guy" for reviews. The first thing you need to decide is if you want to go all-inclusive. I love all-inclusive as I don't want to have to think about paying and/or getting ripped off. Plus, anyone can go eat anything at any time. The downside is that I don't drink so I feel like I pay for everyone else's drinks.

A friend went and stayed at Club Med for a reasonable but nice resort. They travel A LOT (wife is a flight attendant and they fly for free). They feel T&C is the best Caribbean place they've ever been. I was with them in St. Kitts in January.
Good info. Thanks!

Reactions: Obliviax
Yeah, avoid hurricane season!

Seems like every hurricane goes right over there.

Grand Cayman is the best time. But apparently with this board.......cheap is better.

Tuscany is a hotel/resort at one end of the island, near the one golf course on T&C. We enjoyed our stay there and the beach was not crowded. DO NOT venture into the locals residential area beyond Tuscany. I went for a jog there and ran into a very threatening pack of dogs who I swear were hunting me. I leaped a fence and waited for them to pass.

Good restaurants abound and there are plenty of water activities. Laid back place.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I loved it there. One can't miss event is the Fish Fry. Trip wouldn't have been the same without it. Actually met a guy with a PSU shirt and hat there funny enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT