ADVERTISEMENT

Berge

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
So, lost in all the excitement from last night's dominating performance, is the question,what happened to Brady Berge?!?!
Verk was awesome and got screwed with that bogus stall call. That said, Cael said clearly on the coaches show that Berge had won the spot. So is it injury? Struggling with the cut? Something else?
WE ARE!!!

Tis a mystery. I'm guessing weight cut - Berge looks pretty sucked down at 149 and faded pretty badly in the Wisky dual.

But who really knows? All I know is that Berge has no missed four straight duals without any explanation.

First Teasdale, now Berge.

We can count on 2 things..
1. Come up big at the biggest times
2. Expect some kind of Cael spin/coach speak that has most of us scratching our heads

Reactions: garw
I am thinking possible skin issue??? I am pretty sure Berge made the trip, I thought I saw him setting with the team,

This snippet is directly from Jim Carlson's osu preview article.... talking to Cael.

"He also said Brady Berge (149) is fine and pointed through the Lorenzo Wrestling Complex windows to Berge working out with former Nittany Lion Zain Retherford."

That seems to tell me that Berge is clearly healthy. So is it more likely a weight issue? Skin issue? Hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

FWIW, I heard that insiders on the PSWC bus trip were saying Berge’s issue is not being able to make weight.

FWIW, I heard that insiders on the PSWC bus trip were saying Berge’s issue is not being able to make weight.
So is punishment is Zain. Won’t be a problem for long. My guess, he is fine and needs the work more than he needs the matches.

So is punishment is Zain. Won’t be a problem for long. My guess, he is fine and needs the work more than he needs the matches.
Well, apparently it's been a problem for over 2 weeks, so if the issue is weight, I wouldn't assume it "won't last long". Based on how sucked down Berge looked at 149, I'd guess it's just as likely that we don't see him again this season. That said, you could be right that Berge might need the work more than the matches.

It’s conditioning. January is always PSU’s championship conditioning month. If you don’t have the gas tank to go seven you sit until you do. Berge was dinged up and is making weight which has put him behind schedule. Verk has done it, barely. Berge is a more natural 157 guy which is where he will be next year. But you have to break through January to go in February. Rasheed is struggling, too, but his issue is more his knee than his gas tank. Trust the process. It’s all about March.

I would have to say weight over skin issue. Skin issue could be handled easier.

everyone says he is sucked down to make 149 but the eye test at the scuffle says he isn't the biggest 149 around. But we've all talked eye tests before...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT