ADVERTISEMENT

BEN ASKREN Sets UFC Record.

Sportfan2017

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2017
Ben has set the All-Time UFC record by being KO'd in 5 Seconds. He was out cold in 2 seconds. Very Surprising Defeat......Knee to face was first moment of the fight....Was out cold......then wacked two more times before the stoppage at 5 seconds...…..Wow.....obviously Ben had no time to show any of his skillset :(

I watched the Joe Rogan podcast with Masvidal from about 2 months ago. Jorge does not like Ben at all. He said he hated Ben and wanted to break his face. You could tell that he meant what he said, and I guess he can back up his talk.

Last edited:
The guy doesn't wear shoes when he coaches, and for that I'm OK with him taking one on the chin.

That flying knee was an awesome knockout followed by 2 make sure your asleep thumps. Historic moment in MMA. All the crap talking Ben has done over the years it was sweet to see him humbled just like Burroughs did to him.

I attended a wrestling camp Ben put on in Iowa several years ago. It was rough to listen to him talk. Felt sorry for the kids. I came away very unimpressed. Maybe he got hit the head before he had that camp, IDK. I am the same age as Ben so I have heard all about him most of my adult life. I'm just a little wore out with him. Oh and Missouri sucks!:)

Reactions: lookleft goright
Here's a clip of the "fight" while it lasts on youtube.

It is VERY similar to Pico's recent loss, except for how quickly it came in the bout.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
Here's a clip of the "fight" while it lasts on youtube.

It is VERY similar to Pico's recent loss, except for how quickly it came in the bout.

Wow. In hindsight, it seems that you can watch film on a wrestler and know what causes him to get into his crouch and know where his head is probably *going* to be x point y seconds later. I think wrestlers will adjust from now on.

Edit: the flying knee really is like a superduck or flying squirrel in the sense of knowing what your opponent will do beforehand. Excuse if this all is well known. I haven’t “followed” MMA since watching UFC 1, 2, and 3 on VHS tapes from Blockbuster.

Last edited:
That flying knee was an awesome knockout followed by 2 make sure your asleep thumps. Historic moment in MMA. All the crap talking Ben has done over the years it was sweet to see him humbled just like Burroughs did to him.

I attended a wrestling camp Ben put on in Iowa several years ago. It was rough to listen to him talk. Felt sorry for the kids. I came away very unimpressed. Maybe he got hit the head before he had that camp, IDK. I am the same age as Ben so I have heard all about him most of my adult life. I'm just a little wore out with him. Oh and Missouri sucks!:)

Agree, probably the worst wrestling clinician I have ever taken my kids to learn from. Ben Askeren was horrible, I wanted to ask for my $$$ back..seriously. My kids even told me that was a waste of time.

I am a casual wrestling fan. A high school coach I know invited me to a clinic where DT was instructing, along with another well known individual. DT was fantastic for these kids.......oldest was maybe a junior in high school while most were junior high or younger. The other name was not nearly as comfortable with instructing 50-60 kids at a time.

You can watch Bo putting MM in the elevator or whatever......or have someone read the hand placement and leverage points to you. The difference can be stark. Askren has wrestling chops. Not everyone can be John Smith, Carl Sanderson or Tom Bands;)

Agree, probably the worst wrestling clinician I have ever taken my kids to learn from. Ben Askeren was horrible, I wanted to ask for my $$$ back..seriously. My kids even told me that was a waste of time.

And I'm no discrediting your insight or post at all, but the dude has a very accomplished club with multiple campuses. I don't know how involved he is in each of the sites, but wild to hear this, knowing how his club thrives.

I've definitely had my run-ins with less-than-ideal clinicians paid good money, but far more often, I've had coaches come in and not ask for more than gas money and a meal that have done awesome with my athletes. While they may not have the name recognition, I've found that "smaller" college coaches tend to be awesome.

Absolutely agree, Maybe we got Ben on a bad day, it happens with these guys, traveling, competitions, etc. very draining on anyone. But comparing his clinic session with that of David Taylor, Zain Retherford, Nico, Kenny Courts, AJ Schopp, Mitchell Port, Steve Fittery, David Terao, Kolat, Burroughs, Kerry McCoy and other less accomplished wrestlers (local high school/youth club guys), I simply wasn’t impressed. The best by far was AJ Schopp, bad ass top game. My boys liked him the best. Which actually surprised me with some of the guys we’ve “camped” with over the years. At least on that particular day Ben left more to be desired.

Last edited:
And I'm no discrediting your insight or post at all, but the dude has a very accomplished club with multiple campuses. I don't know how involved he is in each of the sites, but wild to hear this, knowing how his club thrives.

I've definitely had my run-ins with less-than-ideal clinicians paid good money, but far more often, I've had coaches come in and not ask for more than gas money and a meal that have done awesome with my athletes. While they may not have the name recognition, I've found that "smaller" college coaches tend to be awesome.

Absolutely agree, Maybe we got Ben on a bad day, it happens with these guys, traveling, competitions, etc. very draining on anyone. But comparing his clinic session with that of David Taylor, Zain Retherford, Nico, Kenny Courts, AJ Schopp, Mitchell Port, Steve Fittery, David Terao, Kolat, Burroughs, Kerry McCoy and other less accomplished wrestlers (local high school/youth club guys), I simply wasn’t impressed. The best by far was AJ Schopp, bad ass top game. My boys liked him the best. Which actually surprised me with some of the guys we’ve “camped” with over the years. At least on that particular day Ben left more to be desired.

This would be a worthwhile thread to highlight awesome coaches / clinicians / etc. of known and lesser known instructors for those with sons and daughters seeking them out. Not to bash on those who weren't as great but to highlight those that were. Cool to learn about Schopp.

Absolutely.
This would be a worthwhile thread to highlight awesome coaches / clinicians / etc. of known and lesser known instructors for those with sons and daughters seeking them out. Not to bash on those who weren't as great but to highlight those that were. Cool to learn about Schopp.

I’m in Jersey and our rec team has had Nate Jackson come in and he was great , in addition some of the Rider guys have come in and been wonderful. I hesitate to say the next name given all bashing this board did on him but Jordan Oliver was great with the kids and great at explaining/ teaching

I’m in Jersey and our rec team has had Nate Jackson come in and he was great , in addition some of the Rider guys have come in and been wonderful. I hesitate to say the next name given all bashing this board did on him but Jordan Oliver was great with the kids and great at explaining/ teaching

Jordan Oliver was pretty good the time we went, no complaints. Nic Bedyleon from Rider was fantastic. Mitchell Port was great. Some local guys that were fantastic when we would head up to the homeland Western PA, the one shot guys were really good. Chad Jesko & the late Brian Martin (they both used to beat my ass when we were kids). Randy Mort at Phoenix, others like Ken Haines at Biglerville, Tony Rodrigues at Maniacs in MD, Steve Fittery all excellent teachers or motivators of wrestlers. My kids really liked Brian Morrow as well, plus it may have been the last time Mike Evans was actually impressed. His name is all over the wall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT