ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Pribula should start next year.

IMG-1034.gif

Well, I believe he should be given an opportunity to compete for the job. He shows flashes of the same “it” factor that Trace had. Trace did not have a great arm, but he was still able to complete downfield passes. I am not sure that Beau can throw the ball down field. We just haven’t seen it.

Well, I believe he should be given an opportunity to compete for the job. He shows flashes of the same “it” factor that Trace had. Trace did not have a great arm, but he was still able to complete downfield passes. I am not sure that Beau can throw the ball down field. We just haven’t seen it.
Open competition means Allar is gone
No chance Beau gets a chance

He should be given a shot just like last year but he won't beat out Drew. He looks like Scott Fitzkee out there as a skinny flanker playing QB.

Sorry but Drew just doesn’t have the “it” factor. You can see the energy difference between them and it’s significant. It definitely should be an open competition next year, but I like the mojo that Beau brings onto the field.
The "It" factor is insanely overrated on this board.
We all know there isn't an open competition and the fact anyone thinks there should be is terrifying
I wish people would actually look back at Trace accurately so they'd stop the nonsense.

I guess I dont understand what's going to change with Drew. He's an incredibly nice young man and very introspective but he doesn't have that something. This offense had a month to prepare for Ole Miss and he didn't look any different from the other 2 losses offensively. He was missing easy passes and dancing around in the pocket. He sits on the sidelines and looks like someone stole his teddy bear, rather than engaging with his teammates to get some energy. He just seems like he's going through the motions or waiting to transfer. He needed to demonstrate to me the heart that Clifford had last year of someone that lived and breathed PS football. I see that when Beau is in. I dont see any of that with Allar.

Again, that means Allar leaves
Do people really think they're going to give him an opportunity to start?
I don't understand what's happening here.
If AK has free rein on the offense, he will get a chance. I don’t really know what type of offense Andy used elsewhere, but at KU, the QBs were athletic and were a serious threat to run the ball.

I guess I dont understand what's going to change with Drew. He's an incredibly nice young man and very introspective but he doesn't have that something. This offense had a month to prepare for Ole Miss and he didn't look any different from the other 2 losses offensively. He was missing easy passes and dancing around in the pocket. He sits on the sidelines and looks like someone stole his teddy bear, rather than engaging with his teammates to get some energy. He just seems like he's going through the motions or waiting to transfer. He needed to demonstrate to me the heart that Clifford had last year of someone that lived and breathed PS football. I see that when Beau is in. I dont see any of that with Allar.
He doesn't have receivers that create any separate
What easy passes do you think he's missing?
The "teddy bear" line is the problem here. You're looking for a cheerleader. He doesn't have to be that.
Allar is infinitely better than Beau. Beau's not a good passer. He's not the answer.
The staff is all in on Allar as they should be--join us in reality and stop crying about irrelevant stuff while making up things like "missing easy passes" or pretending you don't realize the answer is the inability of the WRs to run a correct route.

If AK has free rein on the offense, he will get a chance. I don’t really know what type of offense Andy used elsewhere, but at KU, the QBs were athletic and were a serious threat to run the ball.
AK can't give Beau a chance.
An open competition means Allar leaves. Do you really think AK hasn't already talked with Allar and told him he's the guy?

Clifford stayed at least one year too long, and your posting history suggests that you also said that he sucked, so it must have been a rough half decade for you.

Here's a fun fact: Clifford had about 400 more total yards in 2022 versus Drew in 2023, and Drew was much better in the turnover department. And Drew did it as a True Sophomore, which suggests that he can still develop over the next two years, especially with a capable Coordinator and reliable Receivers.

The job is clearly Drew's to lose, and I personally hope he manages to make a leap next year, which would virtually guarantee a shot in the playoffs. If someone really wants to fret over something stick with the Offensive Line and/or Receivers!

Clifford stayed at least one year too long, and your posting history suggests that you also said that he sucked, so it must have been a rough half decade for you.

Here's a fun fact: Clifford had about 400 more total yards in 2022 versus Drew in 2023, and Drew was much better in the turnover department. And Drew did it as a True Sophomore, which suggests that he can still develop over the next two years, especially with a capable Coordinator and reliable Receivers.

The job is clearly Drew's to lose, and I personally hope he manages to make a leap next year, which would virtually guarantee a shot in the playoffs. If someone really wants to fret over something stick with the Offensive Line and/or Receivers!
Cliff could drive all of us utterly insane at times, but he won a lot of games and there was never a question that he was not ‘all in.’ I want to love Allar and see him go to Kerry Collins level. A few mention he seems like a really good kid. But I do not see the same drive as I saw with Trace or even Cliff. Perhaps the new OC will help him shine. I hope. But the truth was that our investment in him may have cost us at least 1 loss this season when we had a defense that was good enough to get us into the playoff.

If you want a change at QB next year here's the answer
You let Allar walk to scheme to a proven player (or Cam Ward if you find the money) you don't open up a competition, lose Drew to play Beau

I think in an ideal situation, you let AK maintain the status quo through spring ball. Install his offense (which should involve pro sets and Pistol formations catered to Drew's skill set), and see how it goes. AK has a good track record of preparing 2 QBs (he had to prepare 3 at Kansas this past season alone).

Let him do his thing and if something needs to occur, use the spring portal window. I don't think Pribula is going anywhere yet. Allar isn't leaving unless you give him the McCord Shove.

I think in an ideal situation, you let AK maintain the status quo through spring ball. Install his offense (which should involve pro sets and Pistol formations catered to Drew's skill set), and see how it goes. AK has a good track record of preparing 2 QBs (he had to prepare 3 at Kansas this past season alone).

Let him do his thing and if something needs to occur, use the spring portal window. I don't think Pribula is going anywhere yet. Allar isn't leaving unless you give him the McCord Shove.
Do you truly believe if Allar is told there's an open competition he's staying?
I don't think he's that dumb. The writing is all over the wall there.

No. That is why I said status quo. Allar is #1. Beau is #2. If you get through spring ball and you think something needs done, make the move then. AK can probably take somebody who goes into the portal in May and do something if he doesnt think it's worth sustaining through summer and fall.

No. That is why I said status quo. Allar is #1. Beau is #2. If you get through spring ball and you think something needs done, make the move then. AK can probably take somebody who goes into the portal in May and do something if he doesnt think it's worth sustaining through summer and fall.
I apologize--I misread that
I'd be strongly against trying to bring someone in at that point with the plan for them to start but they can't scheme for Allar there's no other choice

Reactions: lazydave841
I apologize--I misread that
I'd be strongly against trying to bring someone in at that point with the plan for them to start but they can't scheme for Allar there's no other choice

No worries. I'm not saying that I expect it or even advocate for it, but if AK decides Allar '23 is his ceiling, I wouldn't oppose AK looking in the portal.

It's exactly what I think OSU should have done because I don't think Howard is this upgrade over McCord. In fact, I believe he split time with a mobile QB at KState for periods of time. I'm just not certain how it played it.

Allar's demeanor is not a concern nor surprise to the coaches. They knew who he was and his personality on and off the field when they recruited him. It's not like they are now sitting there saying we didn't know Allar was not a fiery. vocal kind of guy so we need to switch to Pribula. Give me a break.

Yeah I'm looking forward to more Pribula overthrows hot messes to lose 12 yards and kill a key drive. He is a change of pace guy, not the guy. And by the way, no one on this board has any clue who is a better leader, Allar or Pribula so stop with that nonsense.

No, whoever was the highest rated recruit wins the job, no matter how much you've seen on the field to indicate whether they can/cannot play.

On a related note, everyone should be SUPER excited about the Fleming transfer. He was a 5 star recruit!! Pay no attention to his on field production...

Do you truly believe that if Allar transfers he will be handed the starting job at whatever school he transfers to? If so, based on what???

Do you truly believe that if Allar transfers he will be handed the starting job at whatever school he transfers to? If so, based on what???
100%--based on reality. Look around the country at current starters and how desperate teams are.
The fact you don't believe he would be promised that at any school in FBS is beyond ridiculous.
As a true sophomore/first year starter he completed just under 60% of his passes for 2600 yards, 25 TDs with only 2 picks while having arguably the worst receiving core in P5. Allar wouldn't be in the portal for more than 20 minutes without a dozen offers.

No, whoever was the highest rated recruit wins the job, no matter how much you've seen on the field to indicate whether they can/cannot play.

On a related note, everyone should be SUPER excited about the Fleming transfer. He was a 5 star recruit!! Pay no attention to his on field production...
Your Fleming comment shows the ridiculously of all your posts
As the third option for Ohio State, Fleming was productive. When you're on a team with Marvin Harrison Jr (getting 10 targets a game) and another first round pick you aren't going to get a ton of opportunities. He dropped in production his year but had 6 TDs last year and over 500 yards as a third option.
No one is saying Fleming is going to be elite here. He's simply better than the guys we have currently. We all know that. Some are just still bitter he went to Ohio State in the first place so, like you, they're going to look dumb and pretend he's not a great addition.
Of course, you also don't think anyone would tell Allar he'd be the starting QB if he was in the portal so....

You're delusional
Maybe Drew turns out to be ok. Maybe he improves a ton and is a quality quarterback for us.

BUT, if Drew was a 3 star recruit instead of a 5 star, you'd be calling for his replacement too. No question.

Maybe Drew turns out to be ok. Maybe he improves a ton and is a quality quarterback for us.

BUT, if Drew was a 3 star recruit instead of a 5 star, you'd be calling for his replacement too. No question.
I wouldn't. I have never cared about stars. If a 3 star QB had his arm talent I'm not benching them simply because Franklim refuses to adapt the offense. Hopefully AK fixed that. Beau isn't close to Allar. If you want to get Cam Ward and let Allar walk fine but you're not opening up a competition for Beau. It's beyond insane.

I wouldn't. I have never cared about stars. If a 3 star QB had his arm talent I'm not benching them simply because Franklim refuses to adapt the offense. Hopefully AK fixed that. Beau isn't close to Allar. If you want to get Cam Ward and let Allar walk fine but you're not opening up a competition for Beau. It's beyond insane.
"Arm talent". hahaha.

You must have LOVED Morelli, Bolden, and Hackenberg!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT