ADVERTISEMENT

bball loss to Duquesne...by 26?....wtf?....seriously....

really bad. PSU just didn't show up and that's on the coaches. I know the expectations for this year are not super high, but this was a complete disaster. They need to bounce back in a huge way next game, because this could really wreck morale.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Not an excuse for this but did you see Ohio St lose to some school from Texas that none of us ever heard of? Wisconsin gave Georgetown their first win (1-2). Michigan lost to an unranked but ok Xavier. Northwestern needed double overtime to beat a very weak opponent and Maryland only won by 7 over Rider who is now 0-3.

It was a vey bad day for the B1G in hoops. I think Ohio St's loss is the biggest shocker and they've recruited reasonably well and should have enough talent that some branch campus in Texas doesn't embarrass them on their home court.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Step back from the ledge. It's early in the season and basketball is a game where things can change in short order. I know, I've coached it. I can recall, as a player in high school, losing to a team at home by 10 and then going to their place a month later and winning by more than 20. Last night Penn state ran into an experienced team that drained 17 threes. I don't care how good you are it's going to be hard to compete against a team that gets that hot.

Reactions: psu1969a
Don't underestimate this Duquesne team. They are going to be the surprise team in the east. With that being 'said', for Penn State to shake the label of being a "football school ", they are going to have to win these types of games on a consistent basis. This loss is a setback for sure.

Reactions: Steve The Plumber
While losing by 26 certainly isn't good, Duquesne was actually a 2.5 point favorite in this game, so it's not as though losing should've come as a surprise.

As for Greg, he's either a liar or a dolt. Every single hoops follower on here has constantly said how exciting the future is now, but that we're still in for a rough ride this season and that the big class next year will need some time to develop.

Fortunately I've got degrees from both schools in this game, so I could just pick the shirt of the winner for the evening!

Hang in there. Pat has great classes coming in. This year is gonna suck though. Lots of L's

Not an excuse for this but did you see Ohio St lose to some school from Texas that none of us ever heard of? Wisconsin gave Georgetown their first win (1-2). Michigan lost to an unranked but ok Xavier. Northwestern needed double overtime to beat a very weak opponent and Maryland only won by 7 over Rider who is now 0-3.

It was a vey bad day for the B1G in hoops. I think Ohio St's loss is the biggest shocker and they've recruited reasonably well and should have enough talent that some branch campus in Texas doesn't embarrass them on their home court.

Problem is Duquense is a bottom feeder, Xavier and Georgetown are prominent NCAA Tourney teams.

We lost DJ, Thorpe, and Travis from last years bad team and only gained one ready to play TF so this can be expected throughout the year unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT