ADVERTISEMENT

basketball teenagers getting paid six figures to quit high school

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
HS basketball has been a mess for a couple of decades now. There are a lot of creeps trying to influence kids that aren't very financially savvy. Apparently, this is going to new heights. Kids are getting paid to play on travel squads and dropping out of high school. At least before, they were getting their HS diplomas.

Quite a downside to sports, especially if they don't make it. There is a good chance many of them will have a nice collection of high-end bikes and some gold chains and can't get a job because they don't have a HS degree.

Reactions: joeaubie21
HS basketball has been a mess for a couple of decades now. There are a lot of creeps trying to influence kids that aren't very financially savvy. Apparently, this is going to new heights. Kids are getting paid to play on travel squads and dropping out of high school. At least before, they were getting their HS diplomas.

Quite a downside to sports, especially if they don't make it. There is a good chance many of them will have a nice collection of high-end bikes and some gold chains and can't get a job because they don't have a HS degree.

There's always McDonald's.

So it’s NBA or bust.

Even the $500,000 the best of these kids will make won’t do them crap in ten years. And it’s not like these kids are treated like crap in College.

Would I rather live a relatively private life in college and high school away from the cameras? Or agree to be videotaped on the spur of the moment in my apartment while I’m playing video games or just watching TV? Give me privacy in my down time, and screaming crowds with real Championships to strive for in my public time.

I don’t see this ending well for some of these kids. Especially if this “company” fails.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT