ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley wins Paul Horning Award

"Given to the most versatile player in college football"

Yup.

From the above article:

""It is an honor to win an award like the Paul Hornung Award for the most versatile player in college football," Barkley said in a statement. "I am so appreciative of Mr. Hornung and the Louisville Sports Commission for selecting me for this very special honor. I have to give a lot of the credit to my teammates and coaches, they are the reason that I am in position to win this award and I could not have done it without them. I also want to thank our amazing fans at Penn State. We Are!""

In the words of Mrs. Seinfeld, how can anyone not like him?!

Last edited:
Congrats to Saquon. What's the latest count on the number of individual post season awards in college football?? I admit I never heard of the Hornung Award.

I congratulate Saquon Barkley for winning the Paul Hornung Award.

However wasn’t Hornung suspended from the NFL for gambling?

So, I'm wondering why you felt it was necessary to post this 44 year old news?
I was wondering why a national award was named after a guy who was found guilty of betting on pro football.
Also I thought it might lead to some discussion on why the B1G took the Paterno name off its championship trophy?

...Harbaugh couldn't sleep at night thinking about that...
...that's why he didn't try hard to win it... :)

Well deserved. Very similar to past winners like Christian McCaffrey, Odell Beckham and Tavon Austin. I hope Joel Lanning came in second. He was huge for Iowa State this year.

I was wondering why a national award was named after a guy who was found guilty of betting on pro football.
Also I thought it might lead to some discussion on why the B1G took the Paterno name off its championship trophy?
Oh, so you attempted to hijack this nice feel good thread about Saquon winning a national award? smh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT