ADVERTISEMENT

AT&T shananigans? Prior to updating the REQUIRED updates, my batter life was really decent.

TheGLOV

Gold Member
But, after a new UPDATE, my batter life drains faster than a dyke in Holland with multiple holes in it!

Goes from 100% to 73% in like 15 minutes or less. In 30 minutes or less I'm in the red at 19% or less.

Did these bas-tards (that's French) intentionally sabotage (French again) via shortening my cell phone battery?

I'm using old-school 6 or 6s IPhone.

I can remember when these AT&T bastards got caught intentionally slowing down your phone service between the 3G and 4G upgrades via towers and all.

It was like overnight my cell phone got dumber and slower. I called them on it and they didn't know what the hell was going on. Because the customer service people really didn't. It was all engineered by top level-in secret AT&T programmer's.

Are they trying to force me to upgrade? Should I maybe just get a new battery?

HELP!

:)

I have a 6s and have the same issue. I charge it 3 times a day and I’m not even using it most of the time. Really crapped the bed after the ATT changes.

Reactions: BBrown and TheGLOV
Has it ever occurred to you that AT&T, Comcast, Verizon, Spectrum, etc., etc. are probably all in cahoots?

Reactions: TheGLOV
It’s THE GLOV constantly posting Liverpool crap that is draining his battery. He’s obsessed!!!!

giphy.gif

See if its worth having Apple replace your battery. iPhone6 came out 6 years ago, iPhone6s 5 years ago. Typical Lithium Ion batteries in phones last 2-3 years with normal charging. Apple was sued a while back and as part of the settlement offered heavily discounted battery replacements for a year or something. I told all I knew in my family to take Apple up on the offer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-battery-replacement-program-december-2018-9

Good luck!

I phone six is an old girl. Go get an iPhone 11se for $395 and run it in dark mode. It will last at least one, and maybe two days without needing a charge. Plus the wireless charging of great

Reactions: BBrown and TheGLOV
I have a newer iPhone (XSM max) and have noticed a noticeable shortening of battery life in recent 1-2 weeks. Wonder if they are installing "always on" contact tracing programs in the background.

But, after a new UPDATE, my batter life drains faster than a dyke in Holland with multiple holes in it!

Goes from 100% to 73% in like 15 minutes or less. In 30 minutes or less I'm in the red at 19% or less.

Did these bas-tards (that's French) intentionally sabotage (French again) via shortening my cell phone battery?

I can remember when these AT&T bastards got caught intentionally slowing down your phone service between the 3G and 4G upgrades via towers and all.

It was like overnight my cell phone got dumber and slower. I called them on it and they didn't know what the hell was going on. Because the customer service people really didn't. It was all engineered by top level-in secret AT&T programmer's.

HELP!

I have the same issue with my 6S battery life is about 4 hours at most.
You can get the battery replaced but IIRC this is also the last update that will be available for a 6S.

I have a 6s and have the same issue. I charge it 3 times a day and I’m not even using it most of the time. Really crapped the bed after the ATT changes.

I don't know what ATT did but I'm on Verizon and mine did the same thing a few updates ago. Honestly I think it was more Apple than either carrier.

See if its worth having Apple replace your battery. iPhone6 came out 6 years ago, iPhone6s 5 years ago. Typical Lithium Ion batteries in phones last 2-3 years with normal charging. Apple was sued a while back and as part of the settlement offered heavily discounted battery replacements for a year or something. I told all I knew in my family to take Apple up on the offer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-battery-replacement-program-december-2018-9

Good luck!

They probably will at least I know they said they would replace mine but this last update is the final one a 6S.
So probably a new phone is in the future.

O/S updates drain battery like crazy. When that happens the battery life reading can also become inaccurate. If that's the case, everything should return to the way it was after your next recharge. If not, then you are SOL.

I don't know what ATT did but I'm on Verizon and mine did the same thing a few updates ago. Honestly I think it was more Apple than either carrier.

It is Apple. My nephew has had numerous iPhones that would all of a sudden just drain battery. Verizon told him about 4 years ago that after so many updates iphone battery life will be affected. Your iPhone is old so it has probably reached the limit and Apple wants you to buy a new phone. They (Apple and carrier) want you to buy new phones and not replace the battery. I am not an Apple guy so I stick to Android phones. The only android phone that I had the experience of sudden battery drain was my HTC One cell phone.

Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
It is Apple. My nephew has had numerous iPhones that would all of a sudden just drain battery. Verizon told him about 4 years ago that after so many updates iphone battery life will be affected. Your iPhone is old so it has probably reached the limit and Apple wants you to buy a new phone. They (Apple and carrier) want you to buy new phones and not replace the battery. I am not an Apple guy so I stick to Android phones. The only android phone that I had the experience of sudden battery drain was my HTC One cell phone.

Thank you!

HELP!

Upgrade to the SE this is on Apple. My 6s stopped connecting to the network like 3 weeks ago out of no where.

HELP!

I remember John Dvorak, the long time computer columnist for PC Mag writing a column about how bad AT & T and its customer service was. He told them he was a computer columnist and they didn't give a rat's *ss and still treated him like sh*t.

I had the same thing start happening to me last week. Tried to download some music that was purchased and it started a lot of problems. Finally just uninstalled iTunes and music apps. My battery continually got worse over the weekend trying to restart, reset settings, everything I could think of. It was hot when on and worse when charging. Late yesterday I had to finally turn it off for awhile and now it is perfectly fine. Worse yet my wife bought a new one last week and we thought it started with her music apps as well.

I had the same thing start happening to me last week. Tried to download some music that was purchased and it started a lot of problems. Finally just uninstalled iTunes and music apps. My battery continually got worse over the weekend trying to restart, reset settings, everything I could think of. It was hot when on and worse when charging. Late yesterday I had to finally turn it off for awhile and now it is perfectly fine. Worse yet my wife bought a new one last week and we thought it started with her music apps as well.

Yep!

THEY did something alright!

Those BAS-TARDS!!

Reactions: psualt
good to know. I haven't used "music" but just bought a pair of AirPods. Actually, Apple is running a "back to school" special where you get a MacBook air for $899 and you get AirPods included. That's a pretty good deal and Apple is backup on delivery because it has been so popular. Regardless, I'll keep an eye on the battery drain with "Music" and perhaps just stick to Spotify or whatever. Currently, with my iPhone 11 in "dark mode", I go the entire day and still have over 50% when I put it on the recharging pad at night.

Well look at this: AT&T GUILTY!!!

Got ya you BAS-TARDS!!

Love the "While not admitting any guilt"

And, YES, I own a 6.

Sun, Jul 12, 2020 8:42 pm
Claims Administrator (DoNotReply@SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com)To:you Details

LEGAL NOTICE

If you are or were a U.S. owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and/or SE device that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later before December 21, 2017, and/or a U.S. owner of an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus device that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017, you could be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement.

WHAT’S THIS ABOUT?

In a consolidated class action lawsuit pending against Apple, Plaintiffs claimed that a performance management feature introduced for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and SE devices in iOS 10.2.1, and introduced for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices in iOS 11.2, diminished the performance of some of those devices. Apple denies all allegations and is entering into this settlement to avoid burdensome and costly litigation. The settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing by Apple.

Under the settlement, Apple will pay a minimum of $310,000,000 and a maximum of $500,000,000 depending on the number of claims submitted. If the settlement is approved by the Court, your rights may be affected. The United States District Court for the Northern District of California authorized this Legal Notice. The Court will have a Final Hearing to consider whether to approve the settlement so that the benefits may be paid. This summary provides basic information about the settlement.

WHO’S AFFECTED?

You are a member of the Settlement Class if you are or were (1) a United States owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and/or SE device (2) that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later or, in the case of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices, that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017. You must meet both criteria to be a member of the Settlement Class.

WHAT BENEFIT CAN YOU GET FROM THE SETTLEMENT?

Apple will provide a cash payment per eligible device to each Class Member who submits a timely and valid Claim Form including a serial number of an eligible device and a declaration under penalty of perjury stating that they are or were (1) a United States owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and/or SE device (2) that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later or, in the case of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices, that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017; and (3) they experienced diminished performance on the device(s).

A United States owner is someone who owned, purchased, leased, or otherwise received an eligible device, including for personal, work, or any other purposes, and whose eligible device was shipped to the United States, its territories, and/or its possessions. The Settlement Class does not include iPhone owners who are domiciled outside of the United States, its territories, and/or its possessions.

Amount of Cash Payment: Under the proposed settlement, Apple will provide a cash payment of approximately $25 per eligible device. Please note that the actual cash payment per eligible device may be greater than or less than $25, depending on the total number of approved claims and other factors. The total payments to be made by Apple under the proposed settlement are subject to a minimum and maximum as set forth above and in more detail in the Class Notice available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com.

HOW DO YOU GET A PAYMENT?

An online Claim Form package contains everything you need and is available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com. You may also submit a Claim Form by clicking this link.

WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS AND WHAT ARE THE DEADLINES?

YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT
OPTION
EXPLANATION DEADLINE
SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM ONLINE OR IN THE MAIL The only way to get a payment under the settlement. October 6, 2020
EXCLUDE YOURSELF Get no payment under the settlement. This is the only option that allows you to be a part of any other lawsuit against Apple about the claims and allegations in this case.
OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT Write to the Court about why you don’t like the settlement and ask to speak at the Final Hearing.
OBJECT TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND/OR EXPENSES Write to the Court about why you don’t like the attorneys’ fees and/or expenses that Class Counsel requests.
GO TO A HEARING Speak in Court about the fairness of the settlement. December 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. PST
DO NOTHING Get no payment under the settlement and give up your right to compensation for the claims and allegations in this case. N/A
Please read the more detailed Class Notice, which is available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com, and decide whether you want to make a Claim.

To claim a settlement benefit, your Claim Form must be received on or before October 6, 2020. If your claim for a settlement benefit is not received by this deadline, you will lose your right to obtain this benefit.

If you don’t want to make a Claim and you don’t want to be legally bound by the settlement, your request to be excluded must be received by October 6, 2020, or you won’t be able to sue, or continue to sue, Apple about the claims and allegations in this case. If you request to be excluded, you will not be eligible to receive a payment from this settlement.

If you stay in the Settlement Class, you may object to the settlement. Objections to the settlement and/or to Class Counsel’s request for Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses must be received by October 6, 2020.

The more detailed Class Notice, available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com, explains how to request exclusion from the Settlement Class or object to the settlement. The Court will hold a Final Hearing in this case (In re Apple Inc. Device Performance Litigation, Case No. 18-MD-2827-EJD) on December 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. PST to consider whether to approve (1) the settlement; (2) Class Counsel’s request for Attorneys’ Fees of up to 30% of the $310,000,000 Floor, plus expenses of up to $2 million; and (3) Named Plaintiff Service Awards of up to $3,500 each (for those Named Plaintiffs who were deposed) and $1,500 (for all other Named Plaintiffs). The Final Hearing will take place at the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, San Jose Courthouse, Courtroom 4, 280 South 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95113. You may appear at the Final Hearing, but you don’t need to. The date of the Final Hearing may change without further notice. You should check the settlement website or the Court’s Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) site, for a fee, at https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov to confirm that the date has not been changed.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SETTLEMENT

To obtain a Class Notice, Claim Form, copy of the Settlement Agreement, copies of motions for settlement approval and attorneys’ fees, expenses and service awards, and any other important documents in this case, go to www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com, send an email to: Questions@SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com, or call toll‑free 1-833-649-0927. For more details, you also may write to the Claims Administrator at: In re Apple Inc. Device Performance Litigation, 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2230, Philadelphia, PA 19103 or Class Counsel at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy LLP, Attn: Mark C. Molumphy, 840 Malcolm Road, Suite 200, Burlingame, California 94010 and/or Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer LLP, Attn: Laurence D. King, 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1560, Oakland, CA 94612.

In addition, you can access the Court docket in this case, for a fee, through the Court’s PACER site at https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov. Subject to the Court’s current operations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can also visit the office of the Clerk of the Court for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, San Jose Division, located at 280 South 1st Street, Second Floor, San Jose, California, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays.

BY ORDER OF THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

Last edited:
Is ATT even mentioned?

Well loo at this: AT&T GUILTY!!!

Got ya you BAS-TARDS!!

Love the "While not admitting any guilt"

And, YES, I own a 6.

Sun, Jul 12, 2020 8:42 pm
Claims Administrator (DoNotReply@SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com)To:you Details

LEGAL NOTICE

If you are or were a U.S. owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and/or SE device that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later before December 21, 2017, and/or a U.S. owner of an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus device that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017, you could be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement.

WHAT’S THIS ABOUT?

In a consolidated class action lawsuit pending against Apple, Plaintiffs claimed that a performance management feature introduced for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and SE devices in iOS 10.2.1, and introduced for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices in iOS 11.2, diminished the performance of some of those devices. Apple denies all allegations and is entering into this settlement to avoid burdensome and costly litigation. The settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing by Apple.

Under the settlement, Apple will pay a minimum of $310,000,000 and a maximum of $500,000,000 depending on the number of claims submitted. If the settlement is approved by the Court, your rights may be affected. The United States District Court for the Northern District of California authorized this Legal Notice. The Court will have a Final Hearing to consider whether to approve the settlement so that the benefits may be paid. This summary provides basic information about the settlement.

WHO’S AFFECTED?

You are a member of the Settlement Class if you are or were (1) a United States owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and/or SE device (2) that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later or, in the case of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices, that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017. You must meet both criteria to be a member of the Settlement Class.

WHAT BENEFIT CAN YOU GET FROM THE SETTLEMENT?

Apple will provide a cash payment per eligible device to each Class Member who submits a timely and valid Claim Form including a serial number of an eligible device and a declaration under penalty of perjury stating that they are or were (1) a United States owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and/or SE device (2) that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later or, in the case of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices, that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017; and (3) they experienced diminished performance on the device(s).

A United States owner is someone who owned, purchased, leased, or otherwise received an eligible device, including for personal, work, or any other purposes, and whose eligible device was shipped to the United States, its territories, and/or its possessions. The Settlement Class does not include iPhone owners who are domiciled outside of the United States, its territories, and/or its possessions.

Amount of Cash Payment: Under the proposed settlement, Apple will provide a cash payment of approximately $25 per eligible device. Please note that the actual cash payment per eligible device may be greater than or less than $25, depending on the total number of approved claims and other factors. The total payments to be made by Apple under the proposed settlement are subject to a minimum and maximum as set forth above and in more detail in the Class Notice available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com.

HOW DO YOU GET A PAYMENT?

An online Claim Form package contains everything you need and is available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com. You may also submit a Claim Form by clicking this link.

WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS AND WHAT ARE THE DEADLINES?

YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT
OPTION
EXPLANATION DEADLINE
SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM ONLINE OR IN THE MAIL The only way to get a payment under the settlement. October 6, 2020
EXCLUDE YOURSELF Get no payment under the settlement. This is the only option that allows you to be a part of any other lawsuit against Apple about the claims and allegations in this case.
OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT Write to the Court about why you don’t like the settlement and ask to speak at the Final Hearing.
OBJECT TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND/OR EXPENSES Write to the Court about why you don’t like the attorneys’ fees and/or expenses that Class Counsel requests.
GO TO A HEARING Speak in Court about the fairness of the settlement. December 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. PST
DO NOTHING Get no payment under the settlement and give up your right to compensation for the claims and allegations in this case. N/A
Please read the more detailed Class Notice, which is available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com, and decide whether you want to make a Claim.

To claim a settlement benefit, your Claim Form must be received on or before October 6, 2020. If your claim for a settlement benefit is not received by this deadline, you will lose your right to obtain this benefit.

If you don’t want to make a Claim and you don’t want to be legally bound by the settlement, your request to be excluded must be received by October 6, 2020, or you won’t be able to sue, or continue to sue, Apple about the claims and allegations in this case. If you request to be excluded, you will not be eligible to receive a payment from this settlement.

If you stay in the Settlement Class, you may object to the settlement. Objections to the settlement and/or to Class Counsel’s request for Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses must be received by October 6, 2020.

The more detailed Class Notice, available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com, explains how to request exclusion from the Settlement Class or object to the settlement. The Court will hold a Final Hearing in this case (In re Apple Inc. Device Performance Litigation, Case No. 18-MD-2827-EJD) on December 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. PST to consider whether to approve (1) the settlement; (2) Class Counsel’s request for Attorneys’ Fees of up to 30% of the $310,000,000 Floor, plus expenses of up to $2 million; and (3) Named Plaintiff Service Awards of up to $3,500 each (for those Named Plaintiffs who were deposed) and $1,500 (for all other Named Plaintiffs). The Final Hearing will take place at the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, San Jose Courthouse, Courtroom 4, 280 South 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95113. You may appear at the Final Hearing, but you don’t need to. The date of the Final Hearing may change without further notice. You should check the settlement website or the Court’s Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) site, for a fee, at https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov to confirm that the date has not been changed.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SETTLEMENT

To obtain a Class Notice, Claim Form, copy of the Settlement Agreement, copies of motions for settlement approval and attorneys’ fees, expenses and service awards, and any other important documents in this case, go to www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com, send an email to: Questions@SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com, or call toll‑free 1-833-649-0927. For more details, you also may write to the Claims Administrator at: In re Apple Inc. Device Performance Litigation, 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2230, Philadelphia, PA 19103 or Class Counsel at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy LLP, Attn: Mark C. Molumphy, 840 Malcolm Road, Suite 200, Burlingame, California 94010 and/or Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer LLP, Attn: Laurence D. King, 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1560, Oakland, CA 94612.

In addition, you can access the Court docket in this case, for a fee, through the Court’s PACER site at https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov. Subject to the Court’s current operations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can also visit the office of the Clerk of the Court for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, San Jose Division, located at 280 South 1st Street, Second Floor, San Jose, California, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays.

BY ORDER OF THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT