ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

@WildTurk this is the first time in my life where somebody actually made me, want to be sober!

Your posts are, 100% emotional, I'll give you the benefit of the doughty and say2% rational! Grow up and A pair then come here and talk your BS! Another with your low IQ might have joined by then!!!!!

We tend to post in social media"bubbles" getting in zingers and such where we can and sometimes go too far and cross the line. I think Turk is a good guy. Good people can often say stupid sh*t that they don't really mean. Been there, done that. Unfortunately, this sort of stuff is trending upwards and that "line" seems to be increasingly harder to see for some.

I have been out of the loop here and didn't know about your boy. Very sorry to hear it.
JFC. Turk isn't a "good guy". "Good guys" don't cross that line

He shouldn't have called me a "cocksucking little twit." People forget that part. I don't suck cocks.

My grandfather used to call my gay uncle a "Cock sucking little bastard" repeatedly to his face. That was until my uncle jumped in front of a Chicago train in 2008 at 44 years young. You should have seen the note he left for the family.

I never mentioned anything about a suicide either. I just asked if you talked to your son that way aswell. Similar to Willie Saylor. Where you guys just fly off the handle and call people abhorrent names at the drop of a hat.

I don't care about @johnstownsteel and his feelings anymore than he cares about me and mine. We are not friends, never have been, never will be. Do you remember calling me a "Two Faced C*nt" a few years ago? I bet you don't.

People don't forget.

This is the last I will comment on this subject. I've said my peace.
Nobody cares. You are a legitimate asshole. Just go away

Awesome shots! My wife and I drove through Great Sand Dunes way back when. Wild to have those dunes so far from a shore. The “specs” of people are too cool, showing the vastness of it! Love western NPs. My son and I hike out there often. Current grizzly avatar is from a recent visit to Montana’s Glacier NP. Biased and off-thread, but I think National Parks are the best idea politicians ever had.
Speaking of your picture, did I see an article written by you in a local western PA paper? If not, somebody took the same picture of the same griz!

• Haha
Reactions: HikeNatParks
Speaking of your picture, did I see an article written by you in a local western PA paper? If not, somebody took the same picture of the same griz!
Too funny! Yep, that's this year's grizz. I learned about the article today, too. I no longer get the paper but always submit an article after my son and I return from our fall trip. They usually just print it in our local neighborhood paper. Too cool that you matched up the pix.

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

I just had to share this one.

"SOMEONE talk me down!!! WTF just happened!?!?!??! This is a 5 alarm fire, and we are at DEFCON 10!!!! Why, WHY wrestle AJ here? What was there to win? I hope I am over reacting but I am not seeing any light right now!!!

Hoping there is some kind of plan that TnT have but I certainly do not see one? What do you do for next event? I guess sit AJ IF he is even on the team after that sh*tshow??? We can not afford to lose the younger ferrari, AND somehow have to pick up more TOP recruits!?!?!?

F*CK!!!!"

I just had to share this one.

"SOMEONE talk me down!!! WTF just happened!?!?!??! This is a 5 alarm fire, and we are at DEFCON 10!!!! Why, WHY wrestle AJ here? What was there to win? I hope I am over reacting but I am not seeing any light right now!!!

Hoping there is some kind of plan that TnT have but I certainly do not see one? What do you do for next event? I guess sit AJ IF he is even on the team after that sh*tshow??? We can not afford to lose the younger ferrari, AND somehow have to pick up more TOP recruits!?!?!?

F*CK!!!!"
I tried to talk him down in that thread. Maybe hes still opposed to calling me Daddy...

He has to apply for a medical redshirt for the 2022 year where he was injured in the first semester, but if it's granted, then yes. Will it matter with their track record with 7th year seniors?
Nah. Just curious when I saw the proposed Iowa lineup with him in it.

He has to apply for a medical redshirt for the 2022 year where he was injured in the first semester, but if it's granted, then yes. Will it matter with their track record with 7th year seniors?
This medical redshirt thing is crazy too. He did not lose two competitive seasons due to injury. I am not sure why the NCAA has any rules at all as they rarely follow them.

This medical redshirt thing is crazy too. He did not lose two competitive seasons due to injury. I am not sure why the NCAA has any rules at all as they rarely follow them.
No, he lost one season, which is what he would get a medical for.

2019 redshirt
2020 competed (backup) year 1
2021 competed free year - Covid
2022 injured
2023 competed year 2
2024 suspended year 3

He's benefitting from the Covid year, but he only has three counting years otherwise if the medical is granted.

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
All that said, his whining on Twitter about how unfair the NCAA was re: gambling gate surely won’t help his cause.

Reactions: danoftw
From a non-Iowa perspective: does it matter anyway?

If Brands beats out Arnold at 174, then Arnold goes 184 which is not his best weight -- and when he wasn't able to win the 174 job.

Otherwise Brands goes up to 184, where he's unlikely to do much damage.

The other factor: if I'm the coach and Angelo Ferrari does enroll, I'm using up his eligibility ASAP, before the family implodes again and transfers him away. Which means Nelson would be out of luck at 184. (Then again, if I'm the coach, I'm nowhere near the entire Ford Focus family.)

If Brands beats out Arnold at 174, then Arnold goes 184 which is not his best weight -- and when he wasn't able to win the 174 job.

The other factor: if I'm the coach and Angelo Ferrari does enroll, I'm using up his eligibility ASAP, before the family implodes again and transfers him away. Which means Nelson would be out of luck at 184. (Then again, if I'm the coach, I'm nowhere near the entire Ford Focus family.)
You just don’t like tough Ferrariing.

On GIA, one of the posters suggested that Brands will be inserted at 174, which will cause Gabe to portal. I mean, holy shit, if they lose Jesuroga to burnout/higher calling, Chittum to the Ferrari fiasco, Gabe to nepotism, and then Angelo to the inevitable Ferrari full family meltdown so that they get nothing out of all four of their blue chip recruits, I don't see any way in hell they can keep the Brands around any longer.

• Wow
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
On GIA, one of the posters suggested that Brands will be inserted at 174, which will cause Gabe to portal. I mean, holy shit, if they lose Jesuroga to burnout/higher calling, Chittum to the Ferrari fiasco, Gabe to nepotism, and then Angelo to the inevitable Ferrari full family meltdown so that they get nothing out of all four of their blue chip recruits, I don't see any way in hell they can keep the Brands around any longer.
In a sane world, Jesuroga would not be held against Brands.

Losing Gabe to nepotism would be the most Iowa thing ever. Expect it to happen.

The funniest part here is that the answer was right in front of them by February. Gabe goes 174 this year, then RS year, then everyone happy but maybe Kennedy. Gabe likely at least AA, at that weight maybe a finalist. But no. Of course they screw that up.

Reactions: Sullivan
In a sane world, Jesuroga would not be held against Brands.
Obviously, that one can't blamed on the Brands. Seboldt (if anyone) is responsible for his wrestling burnout and as for the higher calling of the Seals, I have nothing but respect. My point is that if the Brands got 4 high level blue chip recruits and none of them even wrestle a single full season for whatever reason, they will be crucified, especially if 3 of the 4 are directly their fault.

Reactions: Ja1339

The funniest part here is that the answer was right in front of them by February. Gabe goes 174 this year, then RS year, then everyone happy but maybe Kennedy. Gabe likely at least AA, at that weight maybe a finalist. But no. Of course they screw that up.
Gabe was injured at or sometime around Soldier Salute, so that may have contributed to the decision to redshirt him, and it allowed them to squeeze both PK and Caliendo in the lineup this year and buy time to draw straws to see which of them has to give up food for more than just Lent next year.

Obviously, that one can't blamed on the Brands. Seboldt (if anyone) is responsible for his wrestling burnout and as for the higher calling of the Seals, I have nothing but respect. My point is that if the Brands got 4 high level blue chip recruits and none of them even wrestle a single full season for whatever reason, they will be crucified, especially if 3 of the 4 are directly their fault.
This is only tangentially related, but the other day I stumbled across the interview on YouTube involving the falling out Tony Ramos from Iowa and his feeling of betrayal and animosity towards Tom. The video also included Tom’s response right after Tony’s comments. I thought Ramos could have handled this better, but I was mostly struck with how piss poor Tom handled the whole thing.

Reactions: danoftw
This is only tangentially related, but the other day I stumbled across the interview on YouTube involving the falling out Tony Ramos from Iowa and his feeling of betrayal and animosity towards Tom. The video also included Tom’s response right after Tony’s comments. I thought Ramos could have handled this better, but I was mostly struck with how piss poor Tom handled the whole thing.

I find it hard to really blame either one. Ramos was talking at a time when his emotions over losing the Olympic trials (any wrestler's lifelong dream) were really raw. He was holding back tears in that press conference. No one should be forced to do a press conference when they are still that upset. Brands was put on the spot right afterwards without really knowing the full story, and tried to be diplomatic, which is not really his strong suit, to say the least. If you ask them about it now, I'd guess they both give better answers.

I find it hard to really blame either one. Ramos was talking at a time when his emotions over losing the Olympic trials (any wrestler's lifelong dream) were really raw. He was holding back tears in that press conference. No one should be forced to do a press conference when they are still that upset. Brands was put on the spot right afterwards without really knowing the full story, and tried to be diplomatic, which is not really his strong suit, to say the least. If you ask them about it now, I'd guess they both give better answers.
Moving forward, love our guys.

If Gabe is being "handled" by Nelson (as I recently read on HR), I think finalist is a bit optimistic for his outlook this season.

If Gabe is being "handled" by Nelson (as I recently read on HR), I think finalist is a bit optimistic for his outlook this season.
There is no way I believe that. I don't know if I'd say I expect him to be a finalist, but he is on the list of contenders, guys who could win if all goes right for them, although that becomes less likely if KOT moves up, I guess. With the exception of 125 this year, that list is typically pretty short.

Reactions: donboy6499

I think you're forgetting what room they're in. There isn't much focus on just being 7 minute good.

And Nelson is bigger than Gabe.

Nelson aside, what has Gabe Arnold shown that screams "finalist" this season? A one TD win over Will Feldkamp and or Wittlake?

His wrestling this year says borderline AA at best. Not much different than Kennedy a few years ago - and last year and this year. Pretty big jump to finalist.

Given where he's at and their track record of middle to upper weights, I'd wait a bit before anticipating that jump.

Nelson aside, what has Gabe Arnold shown that screams "finalist" this season? A one TD win over Will Feldkamp and or Wittlake?

His wrestling this year says borderline AA at best. Not much different than Kennedy a few years ago - and last year and this year. Pretty big jump to finalist.

Given where he's at and their track record of middle to upper weights, I'd wait a bit before anticipating that jump.
Thank you. I’ve been saying that for months. He has little offense and he’s not in the place to learn more varied attacks as an upper weight.

Reactions: vhsalum and Hotshoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT