ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

We tend to post in social media"bubbles" getting in zingers and such where we can and sometimes go too far and cross the line. I think Turk is a good guy. Good people can often say stupid sh*t that they don't really mean. Been there, done that. Unfortunately, this sort of stuff is trending upwards and that "line" seems to be increasingly harder to see for some.

I have been out of the loop here and didn't know about your boy. Very sorry to hear it.
But a normal human being would have the balls to at least apologize for saying for worse than stupid shit. It's not like he hasn't been an asshat before. Stay in the loop and then give an opinion.

@HikeNatParks, to lighten the mood here, took the kids to Great Sand Dunes NP on Tuesday. Tip right of the second picture, the little black specs are people, for some scale.
IMG-5732.jpg

IMG-5736.jpg

The Crestones/SDCs are the angriest looking mountains I’ve ever seen. It can go from a bluebird morning to socked in, real fast. Hopefully you didn’t run into any bad weather out there.

That said, I’ve thought about buying a tiny plot of land in Crestone.

I put a block on Turk. Not coming off. We don't need that kind of scum.
Ban Hammer should fall on this guy. Between this latest post and the one not two weeks ago about @smalls103 is enough evidence in my opinion. The post I am referencing is post#23 in the "Willies crystal ball" thread. I'm sure 98lbs will be around defending him with some long philosophical reason we should respect all persons or some such shyte.

He shouldn't have called me a "cocksucking little twit." People forget that part. I don't suck cocks.

My grandfather used to call my gay uncle a "Cock sucking little bastard" repeatedly to his face. That was until my uncle jumped in front of a Chicago train in 2008 at 44 years young. You should have seen the note he left for the family.

I never mentioned anything about a suicide either. I just asked if you talked to your son that way aswell. Similar to Willie Saylor. Where you guys just fly off the handle and call people abhorrent names at the drop of a hat.

I don't care about @johnstownsteel and his feelings anymore than he cares about me and mine. We are not friends, never have been, never will be. Do you remember calling me a "Two Faced C*nt" a few years ago? I bet you don't.

People don't forget.

This is the last I will comment on this subject. I've said my peace.

Just wanted to let you all know I really appreciate you having my back. You people really make this place feel liie family. I said this years back but wanted to say it again, this board, our team and the people here really helped get me through a very dark place in my life and my head. None of you know will ever realize the therapy you provided and how you kept me sane. I'll also say I know it seems I have a real hate for Iowa and their fans but its all just an online persona...two of you Hawk fans hold a special place in my heart for the care and concern youve shown to me these past 5 years.

As for Turk, I personally give him a pass. I think its because he did it to me. Ive been blessed with peace and the ability to be able to manage the pain, flashbacks, anxiety and bouts of depression that I suffer from now. I'd be more pissed off if it happened to someone who i dont know if they are ok mentally ot not. Holidays, his birthday and his anniverary of his death is the hardest. I think its why i spend more time than usual on this board around those times. Anyway, you guys are all great. Thank you all very much. I truly mean that..

Last edited:
He shouldn't have called me a "cocksucking little twit." People forget that part. I don't suck cocks.

My grandfather used to call my gay uncle a "Cock sucking little bastard" repeatedly to his face. That was until my uncle jumped in front of a Chicago train in 2008 at 44 years young. You should have seen the note he left for the family.

I never mentioned anything about his suicide either. I just asked if you talked to him that way aswell. Similar to Willie Saylor. Where you guys just fly off the handle and call people abhorrent names at the drop of a hat.

I don't care about @johnstownsteel and his feelings anymore than he cares about me and mine. We are not friends, never have been, never will be. Do you remember calling me a "Two Faced C*nt" a few years ago? I bet you don't.

People don't forget.

I'm perfectly ok with your final statement on the subject. Btw, I dont remember calling you that but if I did, I gotta admit... I surely nailed that one.

I never mentioned anything about a suicide either. I just asked if you talked to your son that way aswell. Similar to Willie Saylor. Where you guys just fly off the handle and call people abhorrent names at the drop of a hat.

People don't forget.

Get off this board! You are not welcome here ever again. GFY

People don't forget.

When I saw you were posting, I was hoping for a true apology. This just made things worse. You are truly awful!

People don't forget.

Eat shit you worthless POS.

The Crestones/SDCs are the angriest looking mountains I’ve ever seen. It can go from a bluebird morning to socked in, real fast. Hopefully you didn’t run into any bad weather out there.

Bluebird from start to finish! I have never been a cold weather guy, but hard to beat a Colorado cloudless 45 degree day with snow-capped mountains.

People don't forget.

Wow, doubling down on classless-ness.
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

I'm sure 98lbs will be around defending him with some long philosophical reason we should respect all persons or some such shyte.
You'd be wrong then.

The ignore feature works fine for me. And I wouldn't even begrudge any on GIA who may have decided to use Ignore on me in response to a recent lobbying effort there.

There's no need to respect ill behavior. But, in general, it's probably better for one to empathize and help work to change such behavior than ostracize an offender for it. That's how I think about it. Act with loving kindness. Distain reactionary hate.

Thanks for the hidden shout out, BTW.

@HikeNatParks, to lighten the mood here, took the kids to Great Sand Dunes NP on Tuesday. Tip right of the second picture, the little black specs are people, for some scale.
IMG-5732.jpg

IMG-5736.jpg
Awesome shots! My wife and I drove through Great Sand Dunes way back when. Wild to have those dunes so far from a shore. The “specs” of people are too cool, showing the vastness of it! Love western NPs. My son and I hike out there often. Current grizzly avatar is from a recent visit to Montana’s Glacier NP. Biased and off-thread, but I think National Parks are the best idea politicians ever had.

I love me most any town that hugs the Sierra, Cascade, or Rocky Mountains.

People don't forget.

This is the most pathetic response to this whole sad situation, that you, by the way, created.

People don't forget.

You don't have a "peace". You are a piece of
shit and you need your ass kicked.

People don't forget.

you are a douchebag GIF

I don't know what Wild Turk has done and I don't care. Just relax people. We are adults and have the ability to ignore, shake our heads and walk away. To stay and just poor on the hate is just so hard to listen too. I for one am here for the Penn State wrestling content and to dump on Iowa and Ohio when need be.

People don't forget.

Instead of being and adult and apologize for being a total ass you try to justify your inhuman comment. Just please go away.

I don't know what Wild Turk has done and I don't care. Just relax people. We are adults and have the ability to ignore, shake our heads and walk away. To stay and just poor on the hate is just so hard to listen too. I for one am here for the Penn State wrestling content and to dump on Iowa and Ohio when need be.
Your tone comes off poorly James. I DO know what that asshole said and I DO care. Frankly, for you to actually not care about something that vile makes me question you, James. You can't allow certain things to go unchecked and that's one of them.

I've watched this prick Turk operate with full impunity on this board for years and years and years now. Every time I called this asshole out I was shouted down by the masses and even attacked in his defense. I didn't appreciate him then and I sure as f$@k don't appreciate him now. He said some of the most vile things you can say to someone in that situation.

He needs to GTFO this board asap. Period. Don't defend him.

Your tone comes off poorly James. I DO know what that asshole said and I DO care. Frankly, for you to actually not care about something that vile makes me question you, James. You can't allow certain things to go unchecked and that's one of them.

I've watched this prick Turk operate with full impunity on this board for years and years and years now. Every time I called this asshole out I was shouted down by the masses and even attacked in his defense. I didn't appreciate him then and I sure as f$@k don't appreciate him now. He said some of the most vile things you can say to someone in that situation.

Turk has always been "slick" with shit he says and if not paying attention you could easily miss some things. I too was shouted down at times and have made others angry that I talk to him the way I do. I totally got why I made people mad but like I said, I know Turk in a way others do not so I was ok with them getting on me. Take this thread, I fully admitted I started this by bringing what he was saying about the people on this board over on HR. I also called him some things that would normally be uncalled for but between he and I was always acceptable. Turk just took things up a notch. Not a place I'd ever go with someone but I'm good with it. I just hope we can all just move on from this but in the future I just ask some who get on me will now give me a little more slack when I'm dealing with him. Its ok if you like the guy...just have some understanding that I do not.

Edit. One last thing. I for one dont want him to be banned. Now if he would have did that to someone else I'd be all for it.

People don't forget.

so you have any proof that your not what he says??LOL

Wrong! I am not defending anyone. And I dont know the animosity that clearly exists. I just dont like the negativity in the chatroom. Whether deserved or not. Also, sorry I involved myself… Im out of this thread.

Besides that I love PSU wrestling!!!!! Go Cael!

Turk has always been "slick" with shit he says and if not paying attention you could easily miss some things. I too was shouted down at times and have made others angry that I talk to him the way I do. I totally got why I made people mad but like I said, I know Turk in a way others do not so I was ok with them getting on me. Take this thread, I fully admitted I started this by bringing what he was saying about the people on this board over on HR. I also called him some things that would normally be uncalled for but between he and I was always acceptable. Turk just took things up a notch. Not a place I'd ever go with someone but I'm good with it. I just hope we can all just move on from this but in the future I just ask some who get on me will now give me a little more slack when I'm dealing with him. Its ok if you like the guy...just have some understanding that I do not.

Edit. One last thing. I for one dont want him to be banned. Now if he would have did that to someone else I'd be all for it.
Fair enough...but personally I want him banned. That's just me I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT