As predicted, Liz Cheney is done.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
The fact that the race has been called within five minutes of the first reported votes and it is clear that Cheney has lost reelection is one of the most embarrassing defeats for the political establishment in American history. Just 14 years ago, Cheney’s father was the vice president of the United States and just two years ago she was a rising star in the GOP as the House GOP conference chairwoman. Now, she lost her race badly in a GOP primary to a political newcomer in a race that was called within five minutes of votes first being reported. No matter what the establishment media says, this is embarrassing and very bad for the anti-Trump wing of the GOP.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
This morning I posted that she would lose within 15 minutes of the polls closing but I swear that I was going to change 15 minutes to five minutes. Honest Injun

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
The fact that the race has been called within five minutes of the first reported votes and it is clear that Cheney has lost reelection is one of the most embarrassing defeats for the political establishment in American history. Just 14 years ago, Cheney’s father was the vice president of the United States and just two years ago she was a rising star in the GOP as the House GOP conference chairwoman. Now, she lost her race badly in a GOP primary to a political newcomer in a race that was called within five minutes of votes first being reported. No matter what the establishment media says, this is embarrassing and very bad for the anti-Trump wing of the GOP.
Good. I don’t want to hear anything else from the Cheney family. Just go away.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I had to laugh. Due to the fact Wyoming has open primaries, Lizzie was looking for democrats and independents to bail her out......... The infographic I saw was how Wyoming went from 80/20 to 90/10 rep/dem these last 18 months..............

What an idiot.

YeOldeCup

Jan 27, 2005
She clearly didn't grasp the meaning of the word "representative."

Last edited:

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
GettyImages-1410180952-1-640x480.jpg

evil kunt

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bdgan

May 29, 2008
She could have said that she supported Trump's policies but the he pushed the election thing too far. She could have called for him to be censured. But she couldn't dedicate her entire life to impeaching Trump and heading up Pelosi's made for TV scam hearing. That was a step too far.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
She could have said that she supported Trump's policies but the he pushed the election thing too far. She could have called for him to be censured. But she couldn't dedicate her entire life to impeaching Trump and heading up Pelosi's made for TV scam hearing. That was a step too far.
She still just doesn’t get it and never will.

People in this country are fed up with the status quo and big corrupt and intrusive government. She’s so consumed with hating the evil Trump at the very same time that Biden and the Democrats are signing a monstrosity bill that will drastically increase the size of the IRS, impose new taxes of everyone, increase the cost of gas, coal, and oil, and other similar nonsense that will do more harm to the average American.

This goes so far beyond Trump but yet her obsession with hating Trump and trying to make sure he’s never elected again has been a big disservice to her former constituents in Wyoming. She’s not respecting the judgement of the voters of her state one bit.

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC

Liz Cheney Is No Martyr. Just Another Rich, Entitled Member Of The D.C. Establishment​

Listening to the corporate media and the D.C. establishment, one would think Cheney is history’s greatest hero, a political martyr who put “principle over party,” and who courageously stood up against Republican voters and their strong support of the party’s most recent president, support which Beltway insiders find unseemly.

Such simplistic and error-ridden sound bites work well in D.C., but not in the rest of America. CNN went to Wyoming to defend Cheney as “Upholding the rule of law, defending the Constitution,” referring to her work on the Jan. 6 show trial. Wyoming voter Brett Kupec made short shrift of the talking point. “If that was the ‘rule of law,’ why doesn’t [Trump] have a defense team in that courtroom?” Kupec said. “That ain’t the rule of law. That’s a kangaroo court. That’s not the Wyoming way.”

In fact, there’s nothing heroic about denying political enemies due process, or helping your constituents’ political opponents with their Stalinist show trials. Seething hatred of Trump is not a principle, or at least certainly not one worth defending at the expense of the republic and its health...

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR

Liz Cheney Is No Martyr. Just Another Rich, Entitled Member Of The D.C. Establishment​

Listening to the corporate media and the D.C. establishment, one would think Cheney is history’s greatest hero, a political martyr who put “principle over party,” and who courageously stood up against Republican voters and their strong support of the party’s most recent president, support which Beltway insiders find unseemly.

Such simplistic and error-ridden sound bites work well in D.C., but not in the rest of America. CNN went to Wyoming to defend Cheney as “Upholding the rule of law, defending the Constitution,” referring to her work on the Jan. 6 show trial. Wyoming voter Brett Kupec made short shrift of the talking point. “If that was the ‘rule of law,’ why doesn’t [Trump] have a defense team in that courtroom?” Kupec said. “That ain’t the rule of law. That’s a kangaroo court. That’s not the Wyoming way.”

In fact, there’s nothing heroic about denying political enemies due process, or helping your constituents’ political opponents with their Stalinist show trials. Seething hatred of Trump is not a principle, or at least certainly not one worth defending at the expense of the republic and its health..

Liz should spare us the sanctimonius bullshit, especially considering her dad was a warmonger. Give me a freakin' break.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Trump is picking off these political dynasties one by one. He ended the Bushes, the Clintons, and now the Cheneys. Great to see.
So now we have the trump dynasty, complete with his moronic children . Fabulous. America has been so incredibly dumbed down .

Reactions: franklinman

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
I think at the onset, Cheney actually believed she could maintain her seat and perhaps use Jan 6 as a trampoline for 2024. She just drastically miscalculated the situation.

She will run as a third party candidate in 2024 merely to harm Trump and the swamp will get it's way.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I think at the onset, Cheney actually believed she could maintain her seat and perhaps use Jan 6 as a trampoline for 2024. She just drastically miscalculated the situation.

She will run as a third party candidate in 2024 merely to harm Trump and the swamp will get it's way.
If she does, she will get exactly zero Trump votes.

She will get a number of votes from people who would otherwise hold their nose and vote "D" because Trump is the option.

Run Liz, Run.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
Republicans hate honesty.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
her obsession with hating Trump and trying to make sure he’s never elected again has been a big disservice to her former constituents in Wyoming.
^^^ This ^^^

A lot of republicans think Trump took things too far. It's one thing to speak out against that while still supporting core policies. It's another thing to make hate your sole focus and take your party down with you.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I was busy last night so didn't see any TV. I had to DIG to actually find the results. Now I know why. The media is trying to shrug it off. Liz didn't lose, she got crushed, annihilated, curb-stomped, devastated. 66% to 29%

The polls, showing a 30-point difference, actually underestimated! It was a 37% difference!!!

I am not sure but I can't ever recall a sitting Senator get so wiped out. This is a historic loss.

images

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
I was busy last night so didn't see any TV. I had to DIG to actually find the results. Now I know why. The media is trying to shrug it off. Liz didn't lose, she got crushed, annihilated, curb-stomped, devastated. 66% to 29%

The polls, showing a 30-point difference, actually underestimated! It was a 37% difference!!!

I find it interesting of just how few articles this morning show the margin of victory.