ADVERTISEMENT

Arrest warrant issued for OBJ

This isnt a soft society situation. This is simply some lawyer told this guy he could get OBJ to give him money if he pressed charges.

This isnt a soft society situation. This is simply some lawyer told this guy he could get OBJ to give him money if he pressed charges.

this is a criminal case.

Anyways before you high five someone or pat them on the shoulder be aware you could be charged with assault. Soft Society

this is a criminal case.

Anyways before you high five someone or pat them on the shoulder be aware you could be charged with assault. Soft Society

It is a criminal case that will simply get settled out of court. He will pay the guy and that will be it. The officer isnt offended. He wants money. Plain and simple.

this is a criminal case.

Has nothing to do with a soft society. It's one security guard that is pissed because he got clowned by OBJ. Security guard may have been overbearing, but was just doing his job. Seems like he is just trying to get back at OBJ for making him look like an idiot.

It is a criminal case that will simply get settled out of court. He will pay the guy and that will be it. The officer isnt offended. He wants money. Plain and simple.

Criminal case is brought up by the DA not the guy who got touched. The case will be for the State of Louisiana. If the party is after money he will have to file a complaint against OBJ that would be a civil matter.

I highly doubt this goes anywhere.

why are armed security guards in locker rooms?

Reactions: gogolion
OBJ probably got caught up in the moment - throughout the game, players were slapping butts - good play Joe, Good play Chace, Good play call Brady, Ed, ....it's a sport thing.

Criminal case is brought up by the DA not the guy who got touched. The case will be for the State of Louisiana. If the party is after money he will have to file a complaint against OBJ that would be a civil matter.

for...... SECURITY!

this is a criminal case.

riiiiggght because high fiving someone and or patting them on the shoulder is the same as patting someone on the butt.:rolleyes:

Uh, for ... you know ... security.

Best I can tell, the security guard was questioning that one player for burning the carpet with a cigar. He mentions a burn mark, and he's looking for the cigar and wondering if it's been put out.

If your job is maintaining the safety of the area, and the people in it, and you're dealing with someone who is damaging the place, the basic tenets of civilized society would indicate that you shouldn't have to deal with someone smacking you on the ass and then mocking you. It's not a soft society ... it's a disrespectful, uncivilized society that's in play here.

What I just saw on video would piss me off if it happened to me unless it was by my frat brother and I was 16 years old. I'd ask for something to be done as well. That wasn't an "atta boy" after a touchdown or a great play. That was someone trying to make another person look like a buffoon. That's not sensitive- it's what's becoming norm in our society- the lack of respect for each other. An adult slapping the ass of another adult should result in a criminal offense.

These cops were the ones instigating the entire situation in the first place by threatening to arrest players who had just won a national championship for smoking cigars. I understand he’ll have to pay out for injuring this security guard’s sensitive constitution, but I have no problem with the cops being embarrassed here. Seems like they deserved a bit of a humbling.

It sure does seem odd he was here. Standing at the door making sure nobody sneaks in is one thing but trying to stop a celebration seems dumb. Maybe the guy was a Clemson fan. Still, even if Beckham thought the security guy was out of line, that doesn't give him the green light grab him then clown when he turns around. Maybe the next time I see a cop who I think is being mean, I'll grab his ass. According to some people here I'd be justified.

after watching the video yeah its OBJ being a dick to a guy who is trying to do his job

at the same time if it happened to me I'd be pissed off and go home and talk about what an ahole OBJ was and be all grumpy for a while but I would never expect criminal charges out of it

It sure does seem odd he was here. Standing at the door making sure nobody sneaks in is one thing but trying to stop a celebration seems dumb. Maybe the guy was a Clemson fan. Still, even if Beckham thought the security guy was out of line, that doesn't give him the green light grab him then clown when he turns around. Maybe the next time I see a cop who I think is being mean, I'll grab his ass. According to some people here I'd be justified.
I promise you that I very much would not care if you grabbed a cop’s ass, either.

Uh, for ... you know ... security.

Best I can tell, the security guard was questioning that one player for burning the carpet with a cigar. He mentions a burn mark, and he's looking for the cigar and wondering if it's been put out.

If your job is maintaining the safety of the area, and the people in it, and you're dealing with someone who is damaging the place, the basic tenets of civilized society would indicate that you shouldn't have to deal with someone smacking you on the ass and then mocking you. It's not a soft society ... it's a disrespectful, uncivilized society that's in play here.

Cant lay your hands on an official in an NFL game. Why should he be able to do this to a security guard in a locker room. Imagine if he did this during a game for his hapless team.

He would be kicked out of the NFL for at least 6 games equalling millons of dollars.

LdN

Hate to break it to you, but it doesn’t matter what you think
Never said it did. You said some people on the board would say you would be justified if you slapped a cop’s ass. I was just agreeing with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT