ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone paying $9.99 to Watch the NCWA All Star Classic on TW?

I'm not...I'm instead going to watch on "PirateVision". In Minneapolis on a layover as we speak. (can't you tell I'm a bit bored?)

PSU Football has been fun to attend/watch...

We are big rasslin fans in these parts but paying $10 with none of our guys wrestling while our football tea drubs the Hawks is a business model that will not be around long.

Then again this is the nwca and al gore gave us the internet for free

Reactions: diggerpup
PSU Football has been fun to attend/watch...

We are big rasslin fans in these parts but paying $10 with none of our guys wrestling while our football tea drubs the Hawks is a business model that will not be around long.

Yeah. Also get them in Women's Volleyball today.

Last edited:
I didn't even know this was a pay event until seeing this thread -- had just assumed it would be televised like last year. I'm not
paying for preseason wrestling.

Nwca event. Does that mean the winners get points added to their NCAA matches?

The streak is broken. That was pretty wild, and had me thinking weird thoughts. I have never watched a dual where 6 straight guys scored the first takedown and lost.

Does anyone have weight-by-weight results?

125: Nathan Kraisser (Campbell) with a dec over Barlow McGhee (Mizzou), 3-2
133: Zane Richards (Illini) with a dec over Eric Montoya (Nebraska), 9-7
141: Anthony Ashnault (Rutgers) with a dec over Bryce Meredith (Wyoming), 8-6, SV-1
149: Anthony Collica (Oklahoma St.) with a dec over Lavion Mayes (Mizzou), 7-5
157: Max Rohskopf (NC St) with a pin at 5:44 over Brian Murphy (Michigan)
165: Isaac Jordan (Wisky) with a dec over Daniel Lewis (Mizzou), 5-3
174: Zac Brunson (Illini) with a dec over Ethan Ramos (UNC), 5-4
184: Gabe Dean (Cornell) with a major over Myles Martin (Ohio St), 13-4
197: Brett Pfarr (Minny) with a dec over Brett Harner (Princeton), 7-4
285: Conner Medbery (Wisky) with a dec over Ty Walz (VT), 5-2

That's kind of what I expected. Not sure it spells doom to Bo like some will read it. Throw out the finals loss and Bo had his way with MyMar too.

Absolutely, Myles Martin is without a doubt overrated. Nickal owned him twice and then got caught missing a throw that cost him the match. There is absolutely no way in the world Martin > Nickal.

Hawkeye board gave really good updates as the event occurred. From the results it didn't seem to be to bad of an event.

Question, who (and when) was the last PSU wrestler to participate?

Absolutely, Myles Martin is without a doubt overrated. Nickal owned him twice and then got caught missing a throw that cost him the match. There is absolutely no way in the world Martin > Nickal.
I think that Bo owning Martin could be a bit overstated. Yes, he beat him 3 times before the NCAA finals, but Martin wrestled him close in the Nittany Lion Open and the dual (Bo scored late to widen the win in the dual). I believe that Bo is better than Martin, but their 4 bouts so far don't show a large gap to me.

I think that Bo owning Martin could be a bit overstated. Yes, he beat him 3 times before the NCAA finals, but Martin wrestled him close in the Nittany Lion Open and the dual (Bo scored late to widen the win in the dual). I believe that Bo is better than Martin, but their 4 bouts so far don't show a large gap to me.
Agree...& based off of Deans performance tonight, Bo isn't ready to knock him off. Capable, yes...but it has to be his night!!!

Hawkeye board gave really good updates as the event occurred. From the results it didn't seem to be to bad of an event.

Haven't looked it up, but I believe it was 2013 (DT's Sr year) and he wrestled Sorenson from ISU, and I think Matt Brown wrestled Howe from OU that year.

Agree...& based off of Deans performance tonight, Bo isn't ready to knock him off. Capable, yes...but it has to be his night!!!
Dean's performance only means Dean is pretty darn good. We already knew that.

I must admit I expected Martin to provide a stiffer test. The bottom line though is the will breaking beating Martin received from Dean tonight means nothing assessing Bo's chances.

Bo will wrestle Dean with a different arsenal than what is available to Martin.

Dean's performance only means Dean is pretty darn good. We already knew that.

I must admit I expected Martin to provide a stiffer test. The bottom line though is the will breaking beating Martin received from Dean tonight means nothing assessing Bo's chances.

Bo will wrestle Dean with a different arsenal than what is available to Martin.
Very true but when Dean is mentioned, outside of his multiple NCAA chips, I always revert back to him beating Ruth...young and hungry. I believe it's his again this year, everyone else is a distant second. I hope I'm wrong but??????

Looks like decent wrestling tonight.

Too bad it wasn't streamed online for free (even as PSU was pounding Iowa at Beaver Stadium)

#growthesport.

Very true but when Dean is mentioned, outside of his multiple NCAA chips, I always revert back to him beating Ruth...young and hungry. I believe it's his again this year, everyone else is a distant second. I hope I'm wrong but??????
Just for fun and mental calisthenics, imagine Bo pulling his arm and posting it across Martin's chest for the 5 point match determining move. Imagine Bo as the 2016 174 pound freshman NCAA champion.

Let yourself sit there with that thought in your head for a little time. Now imagine our returning NCAA 174 champ is going up in weight class to 184, where he will have to defeat 2 time returning champ Gabe Dean from Cornell to repeat. What do you think now? A littler closer isn't it?

FYI, it was actually 15-4 Dean, not 13-4. Apparently they left off a late takedown somewhere or another.

Anybody else have issues trying to get on Track to see it last night? Like, I tried multiple times, and I probably would've paid to watch it, but I literally couldn't get to the stream to pay for it.

Aside from Dean thrashing Martin, Medbery defeating Waltz probably stands out the most to me. Ty has developed into a pretty good heavy yet couldn't do much against him. Potential finalist for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT