ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know what the recently formed llc named herlocherpaterno

ritaith

Nov 8, 2001
Intends to do? Wonder if it could be related to the skellar property?

Llc was recently registered. Listed on the PA corporation website.

Thanks for the reply. Thus likely means there is no connection (although not necessarily so).

Thanks for the reply. Thus likely means there is no connection (although not necessarily so).
Someone I know was speculating that the Herlochers intended to build a high rise on the corner of College and Pugh. I do know that their original statement concerning the purchase of the property indicated that all tenants would remain. No longer the case. Don't know about the Old Main Frame Shop. I had heard not long ago that it was safe.

Someone I know was speculating that the Herlochers intended to build a high rise on the corner of College and Pugh. I do know that their original statement concerning the purchase of the property indicated that all tenants would remain. No longer the case. Don't know about the Old Main Frame Shop. I had heard not long ago that it was safe.

Seriously folks, this is crazy. Herlocher just spent a boat load gutting and making the apartments livable. If the plan was to tear it down, they wouldn't throw all that money away. The skellar had no lease and was paying well below market value for the space.
end of story. no conspiracy.
The skellar has been empty for 10 years and it's likely they can't afford the space. That's called a failed business, not a greedy landlord. If you think Herlocher should run the business like a charity, remember that the next time you trade in a car or sell a house and look to get top dollar for your asset.

Seriously folks, this is crazy. Herlocher just spent a boat load gutting and making the apartments livable. If the plan was to tear it down, they wouldn't throw all that money away. The skellar had no lease and was paying well below market value for the space.
The skellar has been empty for 10 years and it's likely they can't afford the space. That's called a failed business, not a greedy landlord. If you think Herlocher should run the business like a charity, remember that the next time you trade in a car or sell a house and look to get top dollar for your asset.

My first post in the thread was just a response to a question concerning the partnership. They are already involved in the Bellaire Ave. property development. Straightforward.

Above, I said that someone was speculating about the possible land use. My wife and I were discussing this earlier too. They spent a lot of money on the property and they have business decisions to make, notwithstanding the sentimental backlash from the public concerning the Rathskeller and to a lesser degree Spats. I never said anything about a "greedy landlord." Those are your words. I know you said he was a friend or yours so I understand you reading something that wasn't there and responding defensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkies
Ha. Used to work at CC’s back in the day. Maybe some things change. Maybe they dont. But, I like the name of the llc. Wonder what scotty has in mind?

My first post in the thread was just a response to a question concerning the partnership. They are already involved in the Bellaire Ave. property development. Straightforward.

Above, I said that someone was speculating about the possible land use. My wife and I were discussing this earlier too. They spent a lot of money on the property and they have business decisions to make, notwithstanding the sentimental backlash from the public concerning the Ratskellar and to a lesser degree Spats. I never said anything about a "greedy landlord." Those are your words. I know you said he was a friend or yours so I understand you reading something that wasn't there and responding defensively.

The greedy landlord that didn't even offer the Skellar owners a new lease? Just told them to be out in 4 months because someone new was coming in?

Yep, sounds greedy to me

I don’t disagree. They don’t owe anyone anything and may have saved the building which very likely they wanted to do.

However, I’m not sure I buy their explanation 100% either. I highly doubt they found out AFTER purchasing that there were no leases in place. After all they don’t run a charity, so the first thing you would do is determine what’s in place and for how long. If they didn’t know this, their due diligence was poor to say the least.

The Skeller has been empty for 10 years?

The Skeller has been empty for 10 years?

Ya. What's that all about? I know State College has turned into a ghost town, party wise, since I went to school there in the early 1970s, but, it must be deader than I thought since the Skeller has been empty.

Maybe he is talking about the apartments above/attached to the Skeller?

In all honesty, now that I think about it, I probably haven't been inside the Skeller in over 20 years.

Above, I said that someone was speculating about the possible land use. My wife and I were discussing this earlier too. They spent a lot of money on the property and they have business decisions to make, notwithstanding the sentimental backlash from the public concerning the Ratskeller and to a lesser degree Spats. I never said anything about a "greedy landlord." Those are your words. I know you said he was a friend or yours so I understand you reading something that wasn't there and responding defensively.

That's fair. Was not trying to put words in your mouth. My reply was to "folks" and the larger angry mob that is acting exactly like the angry mob that took down psu football based on scant actual facts or evidence.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Ya. What's that all about? I know State College has turned into a ghost town, party wise, since I went to school there in the early 1970s, but, it must be deader than I thought since the Skeller has been empty.

Maybe he is talking about the apartments above/attached to the Skeller?

In all honesty, now that I think about it, I probably haven't been inside the Skeller in over 20 years.

Yes. The skellar has been 'empty' for 10 years. Current students don't go there much. The Gaff, a ghost town when I was in school in the late 90s is now much more popular than the skellar. To be honest, even when I was there, the skellar was not THE place. The kids go to Pickles and Cafe. They drink $10 margaritas at Mad Mex. They aren't interested in really terrible draft beer in a dirty basement. The Dark Horse is also for sale for these reasons. The demographic of PSU has changed with $20K+ annual tuition/room & board and generally speaking, tastes change.

That's fair. Was not trying to put words in your mouth. My reply was to "folks" and the larger angry mob that is acting exactly like the angry mob that took down psu football based on scant actual facts or evidence.
That's fair too and is why I responded "I don't know the whole story" to someone else in this thread. I don't and it is all too easy to paint the landlord as the bad guy.

Simple business deal - and like any investor, they are making the investment and working to maximize their return. If people have a problem with that? Too bad.

What is - IMO - increasingly disconcerting is the idiotic 100% bullshit, spin, lies, and deception being thrown out their by the new owners (and, presumably, their social media friends) when the "public backlash" began.
Which is really kind of silly, because that backlash would have all subsided quickly enough anyway. Its not like people didn't go to "Pickles", or "Champs" or whatever, because they took over the space of traditional State College Businesses. Or boycotted the "Phyrst" due to the "hostile takeover".
I haven't followed the social media propaganda war. Completely agree concerning "would have all subsided quickly enough." Wrong move to give it more life.

Yes. The skellar has been 'empty' for 10 years. Current students don't go there much. The Gaff, a ghost town when I was in school in the late 90s is now much more popular than the skellar. To be honest, even when I was there, the skellar was not THE place. The kids go to Pickles and Cafe. They drink $10 margaritas at Mad Mex. They aren't interested in really terrible draft beer in a dirty basement. The Dark Horse is also for sale for these reasons. The demographic of PSU has changed with $20K+ annual tuition/room & board and generally speaking, tastes change.

Actually, I thought the Gaff went DOWN hill since I went to school there in the early 70s. Oldies Night at the Gaff used to be awesome. Even into the early to late 90s, the Gaff was still the place to go for Oldies and fun Saturday nights after the games. We absolutely loved that place.

Then they started to morph away from the Oldies into more "modern dance" music that no one ever heard of before, showed more baseball than football on their tvs, and we gradually stopped going. Probably haven't been in the Gaff in over 10 years. Not paying a $7 to $10 dollar cover charge to hear and watch crap.

Maybe it has reversed course and gotten better again. I'll give it a try again sometime just for Old times sake. But I doubt it could EVER be as good as it used to be. In the old days, that bar was beyond AWESOME!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT