ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone going to the Fiesta Bowl?

My son is living in Scottsdale for the year and was scheduled to visit over Christmas. Instead, I'll be going out there, we will play a little golf and catch the game.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
Had wanted to go but flights were rather pricey. My son is flying round trip to Thailand for the cost of a trip to Phoenix or Vegas....crazy.

I checked flights this am, and they are steep. Minimum of $700. Outgoing flight of 6-9 hours, incoming flight of 10-19 hours (was thinking of heading out the day before, and returning the following day). No thanks

Flight price is the only thing making me hesitant. If anyone finds a deal, please share. I'll do the same as I'd really like to go. Phoenix is a great city. After the 2009 Rose Bowl, I drove to Phoenix to visit a friend and we went to the Fiesta Bowl between Texas and Ohio State. Tickets were dirt cheap outside the stadium the day of the game. Not sure how much demand there will be for this year's game with Washington coming off the playoff last year and us coming off the Rose Bowl. For both it's the definition of a consolation prize and I think the fans feel the same way.

Driving over from San Diego. My son and me for sure (he is a junior at PSU) and maybe convince a few friends to join us.

Was just offered 2 tickets and parking to the game. As stated in other posts, flights are a bit high!
Anywhere from $550 to $700 out of DTW, Ft. Wayne and Toledo.
Not going to happen for the Becks.

OL
wife,daughter and a niece from la will be there. have been to every ps fiesta bowl except the first one.

We’re in. As said above, flights are pricey, I’m seeing $580-700 from Newark, JFK and/or Philly. Since my sister-in-law lives in Scottsdale, we’re biting the bullet on the air fare since we don’t need to spend $ on a hotel.

Reactions: PSU77sh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT