ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone download iOS 11 for iPhone yet? Thoughts?

PSU95alum

Jul 27, 2006
I'm always hesitant to download the first version of a new OS. Just wanted to see if anyone downloaded it and what their thoughts were.

I have not but will wait a couple of weeks. They made a lot of changes to the "control center", which is a great idea. There are also some camera features that look interesting. However, other than that, not a ton. Looks to me like it is a release for the iPhone X, which is a major UI game-changer. But if you are running 11 on 6~8, no biggie.

I'm always hesitant to download the first version of a new OS. Just wanted to see if anyone downloaded it and what their thoughts were.

Downloaded it the other night. I can't speak for others, but it took me a long time and chewed up about 30% of my battery. They always tell you to make sure you have over 50% battery when you download an update.

I'm not one of those people who needs to be up on the latest, but I do download these things when they arise. To me, I don't see a whole lot of difference. Some different looks, perhaps.

I did last night. It failed to load the first time for whatever reason and had to try again. the graphics are a little different. But doesn't seem to be anything crazy.

I don’t know if it was my iPhone or just iPhone in general but my service would cut out randomly for few seconds every now and then which made it imposssible to use my hotspot. Since the new download my service hasn't dropped out once. It also seems like it loads faster. So I give it a big thumbs up.:)
Other then that they added few new features I couldn’t care less about.

I downloaded it the other day.. it's essentially iOS with a couple minor improvements. They made Siri a little better, changed the control center for when you swipe up, I think did some multitasking stuff for iPad, added screen recording, but thats all the significant stuff I've noticed

My iPhone was stolen last week while in new Orleans and I took the opportunity to get out from under that crutch. Now I have a Google pixel with Android on it and wow - what a breath of fresh air.

My message app seems to lock. Or for a lack of better term act funny at times.

Haha - about every third time I would try to open the phone app on my iPhone, it would lock and I would have to restart. Yes the PHONE app on the PHONE!

My iPhone was stolen last week while in new Orleans and I took the opportunity to get out from under that crutch. Now I have a Google pixel with Android on it and wow - what a breath of fresh air.

Good luck with your phone security

just downloaded last night haven't used it enough to form an opinion

noticed a couple changes -- is the do not disturb i'm driving mssg new?

running 6 so not much to tell. interested in checkjing out the camera features soon.

would love to know why the rivals video (which i really could do without... mild understatement) to the right keeps busting in to give me a one second noise clip even though i have it on mute. hate every second of that wonderful new addition which no doubt is bogging this site down for me.

progress... ain't it grand? lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT