ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else gets hurt they sit. McSorley gets hurts and he plays terribly

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
My questions for CJF in a press conference is a simple one.

Doesn't the effort and aspirations of the the other players on this team matter?

JJ is hurt he sits.... I could go on and on. But McSorley cannot run or pass worth a shit on his injured leg. Why is he out there dragging the team and program down?

Played WR with team that had a QB that couldn't hit today from today. Running routes became 100% checking out the cheerleaders and majorettes or just blocking the crap our of dbs because I was pissed.

From my post in another thread, Trace is averaging 26 yards on the ground for the last 4 games and 14 yards per game over the last 3. His passing percentage over the last 4 games has been 49% with the Wisconsin game 76% passing propping up the overall average. Take out the Wisky game stats and his passing percentage for 3 of the last 4 games is 40%. In Penn State’s offensive system, those are not real productive numbers and not close to his historical numbers over the past 3 years. His injury or injuries really affects his ability to run the offense properly. Are the other QB’s that bad that they can’t replace him, even for a short stint?

From my post in another thread, Trace is averaging 26 yards on the ground for the last 4 games and 14 yards per game over the last 3. His passing percentage over the last 4 games has been 49% with the Wisconsin game 76% passing propping up the overall average. Take out the Wisky game stats and his passing percentage for 3 of the last 4 games is 40%. In Penn State’s offensive system, those are not real productive numbers and not close to his historical numbers over the past 3 years. His injury or injuries really affects his ability to run the offense properly. Are the other QB’s that bad that they can’t replace him, even for a short stint?

this explains what has happened to the offense. it would not be surprising to see Tommy or Sean Clifford perform better than Trace at this point. and yea he looks more like 30% right now. his ability to make key runs has been his hallmark and why he has made a difference. being a warrior does nothing for this team. we are probably going to need to score +40 pts to beat Maryland, and the current offense does not look capable of that output.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Playing Trace when he’s SO OBVIOUSLY injured and when he is hurting the team with his play is on Franklin 100%.

Up 10-0 at the half, winning the second half 10-7, well, that’s a total disgrace and an embarrassment. (Kansas 55 - Rutgers 14) (KANSAS!)

It’s also a direct slap in the face to Stevens and Clifford.

I noticed that the gopsusports.com website prominently mentioned that McSorley is now PSU's all-time wins leader. Think that might have something to do with it?

the fact that he has had a great history and the wins leader has no relevance to success now in his condition. I don't think in his current state he is as good an option as others on the team. I also think most coaches would have gone to another option today. JF said it all in the presser when he was talking about the senior class and how emotional it will be for him. he is not going to put anyone in for Trace no matter what his condition/performance.

Does anyone on the board really know the extent of McSorley's injury - maybe injuries?

Doesn't the effort and aspirations of the the other players on this team matter?

JJ is hurt he sits.... I could go on and on. But McSorley cannot run or pass worth a shit on his injured leg. Why is he out there dragging the team and program down?

Played WR with team that had a QB that couldn't hit today from today. Running routes became 100% checking out the cheerleaders and majorettes or just blocking the crap our of dbs because I was pissed.

At least we're winning... Maybe enjoy it, and hold off on criticizing the winningest quarterback in the history of the program. We're 8-3, fighting to get to our third season of back to back to back 10 win seasons.

Remember.....

2000 5-7
2001 5-6
2003 3-9
2004 4-7

We're 8-3.. fighting to get to 9 wins with our veteran QB. It's his job, and the back up QB's i'm sure understand that. I wish our fan base did.

the fact that he has had a great history and the wins leader has no relevance to success now in his condition. I don't think in his current state he is as good an option as others on the team. I also think most coaches would have gone to another option today. JF said it all in the presser when he was talking about the senior class and how emotional it will be for him. he is not going to put anyone in for Trace no matter what his condition/performance.

But you want to play Bates next week.

I noticed that the gopsusports.com website prominently mentioned that McSorley is now PSU's all-time wins leader. Think that might have something to do with it?

I was going to respond with that. That record was very important to James Franklin.

At least we're winning... Maybe enjoy it, and hold off on criticizing the winningest quarterback in the history of the program. We're 8-3, fighting to get to our third season of back to back to back 10 win seasons.

Remember.....

2000 5-7
2001 5-6
2003 3-9
2004 4-7

We're 8-3.. fighting to get to 9 wins with our veteran QB. It's his job, and the back up QB's i'm sure understand that. I wish our fan base did.

How stupid can you be if you thought that was a criticism of McSorley? He doesn't decide who starts and plays. By the way, WTF does 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2004 have to do with anything in this thread. Lay off the sauce before you post or do some reading comprehension exercises. Good God!

this explains what has happened to the offense. it would not be surprising to see Tommy or Sean Clifford perform better than Trace at this point. and yea he looks more like 30% right now. his ability to make key runs has been his hallmark and why he has made a difference. being a warrior does nothing for this team. we are probably going to need to score +40 pts to beat Maryland, and the current offense does not look capable of that output.
Maryland scored 3 against MSU and 0 against Iowa. We may not need to score 40.

Playing Trace when he’s SO OBVIOUSLY injured and when he is hurting the team with his play is on Franklin 100%.

Up 10-0 at the half, winning the second half 10-7, well, that’s a total disgrace and an embarrassment. (Kansas 55 - Rutgers 14) (KANSAS!)

It’s also a direct slap in the face to Stevens and Clifford.
No coach in the country would not play Trace.

Yea dragging the team and program down with his record 30 wins as a PSU qb you know what your talking about ass$@/e

Reactions: auxgym
Nick Saban disagrees.
It took Nick Saban until halftime of the NC game to finally sit Hurts after he had struggled quite a bit during the season (and he had possibly the best QB in the history of the program sitting behind him) yet he stuck with Hurts all year until the last 30 minutes...but nice try.

Reactions: Lion Lineage
Yea dragging the team and program down with his record 30 wins as a PSU qb you know what your talking about ass$@/e

You Phucking can't read either, nor reason. I am so glad you told us he won 30 games by himself since he got injured. You. too, obviously care more about records than McSorley's health. It was a criticism of CJF, dumbass, not McSorley. You a Pitt grad?

Reactions: N&B4PSU and zubrus1

We won the game d*ck wad.

It took Nick Saban until halftime of the NC game to finally sit Hurts after he had struggled quite a bit during the season (and he had possibly the best QB in the history of the program sitting behind him) yet he stuck with Hurts all year until the last 30 minutes...but nice try.
Hurts wasn't hobbled by injury. And who has been starting this entire season?

Hurts wasn't hobbled by injury. And who has been starting this entire season?
Hurts was still pedestrian at best for most of the season, yet Saban stuck with him. I’m just saying that is not a good example to use when saying Franklin should bench Trace.

I don’t care about silly records affecting the annals of PSU football history. I care about winning in the present.
How would PSUs record been different if Stevens would have played the past four games. Since you only care about winning

Last edited:
How would PSU record be different if Stevens would have played the past four games. Since you only care about winning
I’m not a fan of Tommy “Call my own number” Stevens. Next season should be an adventure with the combination of Franklin, Rahne and Stevens.

Next week should be an adventure also.

#keystonecops

I’m not a fan of Tommy “Call my own number” Stevens. Next season should be an adventure with the combination of Franklin, Rahne and Stevens.

#keystonecops
I’m not sure why you even pay any attention to the team since your hatred for Franklin is so deep. Shouldn’t you be cheering for someone else?

I’m not sure why you even pay any attention to the team since your hatred for Franklin is so deep. Shouldn’t you be cheering for someone else?
So you excited about what you witnessed today against 1-10 Rutgers? Just askin’

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT