Any of you Bloody-Hands Fauci-Lovers interested in seeing what it looks like to actually "follow the science?"

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
ji8JwNP.png

Sweden saw lower 2020 death spike than much of Europe - data

Daily COVID Deaths in Sweden Hit Zero, as Other Nations Brace for More Lockdowns​

anders-tegnell_sweden-1024x708.jpg

More than 100,000 people flooded streets in France over the weekend and multiple COVID vaccination centers were vandalized as opposition grew to the government’s most recent pandemic strategy. In President Emmanuel Macron’s latest incarnation of lockdowns, government officials have decreed that unvaccinated individuals will no longer be allowed to enter cafes, restaurants, theaters, public transportation and more.

Needless to say, people were not happy.

France’s approach is unique, but it’s just one of many countries around the world imposing new restrictions as fears grow over a new variant of COVID-19. Australia’s recent restrictions have placed half the country under strict lockdown—even though a record 82,000 tests had identified just 111 new coronavirus cases—while restaurants in Portugal are struggling to survive amid newly imposed restrictions.

One country not making much news is Sweden.

Sweden, of course, was maligned in 2020 for foregoing a strict lockdown. The Guardian called its approach “a catastrophe” in the making, while CBS News said Sweden had become “an example of how not to handle COVID-19.”

Despite these criticisms, Sweden’s laissez-faire approach to the pandemic continues today. In contrast to its European neighbors, Sweden is welcoming tourists. Businesses and schools are open with almost no restrictions. And as far as masks are concerned, not only is there no mandate in place, Swedish health officials are not even recommending them.

What are the results of Sweden’s much-derided laissez-faire policy? Data show the 7-day rolling average for COVID deaths yesterday was zero (see below). As in nada. And it’s been at zero for about a week now.

Even a year ago, it was clear the hyperbolic claims about “the Swedish catastrophe” were false; just ask Elon Musk (also see: here, here, and here). But a year later the evidence is overwhelming that Sweden got the pandemic mostly right. Sweden’s overall mortality rate in 2020 was lower than most of Europe and its economy suffered far less. Meanwhile, today Sweden is freer and healthier than virtually any other country in Europe.

As much of the world remains gripped in fear and nations devise new restrictions to curtail basic freedoms, Sweden remains a vital and shining reminder that there is a better way.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
ji8JwNP.png

As much of the world remains gripped in fear and nations devise new restrictions to curtail basic freedoms, Sweden remains a vital and shining reminder that there is a better way.
I’m curious. Did you, wife or daughter get the vaccine? I’ll go on record attesting that I haven’t yet. I tend to be a delayed adopter of emerging technology.

PS. I drove through your hometown (the Big "E") one day last week. It’s in serious decline. I hope your parents aren’t still living there. If so, you need to relocate them to Boulder.

That said, when Pennsylvania is forced to start auctioning off assets, I'll probably bid on the Bunkers of Alvira.;)

Last edited:

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
ji8JwNP.png

Daily COVID Deaths in Sweden Hit Zero, as Other Nations Brace for More Lockdowns​

More than 100,000 people flooded streets in France over the weekend and multiple COVID vaccination centers were vandalized as opposition grew to the government’s most recent pandemic strategy. In President Emmanuel Macron’s latest incarnation of lockdowns, government officials have decreed that unvaccinated individuals will no longer be allowed to enter cafes, restaurants, theaters, public transportation and more.

France’s approach is unique, but it’s just one of many countries around the world imposing new restrictions as fears grow over a new variant of COVID-19. Australia’s recent restrictions have placed half the country under strict lockdown—even though a record 82,000 tests had identified just 111 new coronavirus cases—while restaurants in Portugal are struggling to survive amid newly imposed restrictions.

Sweden, of course, was maligned in 2020 for foregoing a strict lockdown. The Guardian called its approach “a catastrophe” in the making, while CBS News said Sweden had become “an example of how not to handle COVID-19.”

Despite these criticisms, Sweden’s laissez-faire approach to the pandemic continues today. In contrast to its European neighbors, Sweden is welcoming tourists. Businesses and schools are open with almost no restrictions. And as far as masks are concerned, not only is there no mandate in place, Swedish health officials are not even recommending them.

What are the results of Sweden’s much-derided laissez-faire policy? Data show the 7-day rolling average for COVID deaths yesterday was zero (see below). As in nada. And it’s been at zero for about a week now.

Even a year ago, it was clear the hyperbolic claims about “the Swedish catastrophe” were false; just ask Elon Musk (also see: here, here, and here). But a year later the evidence is overwhelming that Sweden got the pandemic mostly right. Sweden’s overall mortality rate in 2020 was lower than most of Europe and its economy suffered far less. Meanwhile, today Sweden is freer and healthier than virtually any other country in Europe.

Dude, are you trying to trigger @NJPSU with Sweden PROPOGANDA?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
ji8JwNP.png

Blaming Fauci is the wrong choice.

It is Pelosi you should be blaming.

LdN

Reactions: bison13

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
I’m curious. Did you, wife or daughter get the vaccine? I’ll go on record attesting that I haven’t yet. I tend to be a delayed adopter of emerging technology.

PS. I drove through your hometown (the Big "E") one day last week. It’s in serious decline. I hope your parents aren’t still living there. If so, you need to relocate them to Boulder.

That said, when Pennsylvania is forced to start auctioning off assets, I'll probably bid on the Bunkers of Alvira.;)

It poor etiquette to ask personal questions like that.

My wife did. She had her reasons, and I'm cool with it. We both agree that no way in a million years that our (currently) 4.5yo is going to take one of these current covid vaccines.

I'm 99+% sure both my wife and I have had Covid. I'm 90% sure my 4.5yo has had it. The odds of anyone receiving any benefit from any of us receiving the vaccine is ridiculously low.

I arrived in the "Big E" Friday for a family visit. It's not good, but it never was all that great since I lived here and it's been in a slow, linear decline for as long as I've known it.

Reactions: BW Lion

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
The Scandinavian countries have performed remarkably well throughout this pandemic. Probably more of a function of low-density populations than actual policies.

Screenshot-20210726-174817-Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 83wuzme

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
Denmark being next door to Sweden and comparing them is like saying Oregon is next to California and comparing them.
Sweden did much worse than Norway too in terms of deaths per million.
And they are a better comparison than Sweden and Italy or France.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
Sweden did much better overall though.

And Sweden and Norway aren't very similar.

LdN
Sweden did worse than Finland, Norway, Denmark, and Iceland. I can’t think of any Scandinavian country who had a higher COVID death rate than Sweden, can you?
Why is it that Sweden’s death rate was so much higher than all of its neighbors? Hmmm.

83wuzme

Apr 27, 2005
A headline today in my local newspaper reported that the government will maintain COVID travel restrictions.
If these officials actually believed there was any value in restricting entry into the country, we would not have an open southern border and we wouldn’t be relocating illegal immigrants all over the country at taxpayer expense.

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
At the same time, only 39% of Sweden is vaccinated and they have among the lowest rates of masking in the free world, yet their 7-day rolling average for CV19 deaths is a big, fat zero.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Sweden did worse than Finland, Norway, Denmark, and Iceland. I can’t think of any Scandinavian country who had a higher COVID death rate than Sweden, can you?
Why is it that Sweden’s death rate was so much higher than all of its neighbors? Hmmm.

Sweden is not like their neighbors.

California birders Mexico. Are they the same?

Fact is Sweden took an open and free policy. And it worked. Don't be so upset.

Norway has oil money out the wazoo. They can lock as long as they want and still be rich.

Finland, Denmark and Iceland aren't comparable to Sweden. Norway isn't either factually but whatever makes you happy.

Sweden didn't lock and won. They lost what a few thousand extra people according to bizarro math (around 3 to 6) and instead had a free and open society the last 18 months.

Imagine that. 10mm free people, including all the visitors from these neighboring countries, for the last 18 months.

Did you ever look at the statistics of who actually dies from covid? You should.

Continue to hide in your basement.

LdN

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Norway has oil money out the wazoo.
Shouldn't Norway be sharing their riches with the rest of the world? Wouldn't that be the right thing to do? Millions of people are starving, but Norway just keeps adding to their National Sovereign Fund representing over 1% of the world's publically traded stocks. Seems a little oppressive and selfish, no?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Shouldn't Norway be sharing their riches with the rest of the world? Wouldn't that be the right thing to do? Millions of people are starving, but Norway just keeps adding to their National Sovereign Fund representing over 1% of the world's publically traded stocks. Seems a little oppressive and selfish, no?

It's ok. Many drive Teslas so they are doing their part.

LdN

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
The Scandinavian countries have performed remarkably well throughout this pandemic. Probably more of a function of low-density populations than actual policies.

Screenshot-20210726-174817-Chrome.jpg
They also tend to have a very low obesity rate. And since 78% of US deaths have been overweight or obese, that’s a huge risk factor that’s almost non-existent for them.