ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Brown thread

In hindsight the Steelers should have drafted Tom Brady.

Maybe they should have anticipated Belichick would "find a way" to get him anyway, given his track record, but the Steeler fan base would have lost their minds if they traded him outright to the Patriots.

I understand your point. I do. But Belichick finding a way to get him isn't the same as drafting Brady. The fan base lost their mind only getting 2 mid round picks for him. Fans are never happy. The objective is to do what is best for your organization. I'm not made about how things played out but trading AB to NE though far from ideal was an option.

70866733_2760661257313878_7922873729380515840_n.jpg

one of the side benefits of this whole AB thing is you know he will burn the castle down as he goes down with it. gotta believe that he is going to talk in the press and twitter as much as possible about any bad thing he knows about anybody.

Reactions: odshowtime
Do you think A.B. cleaned up his bedroom at Tom's house before he left??

I would like to thank yinz for pointing out what an A-Hole AB is AFTER he signined with the Pats.
9 years in Pittsburgh and hardly a word, yet nearly all of these things happened
when he was a Steeler. Muchas gracias

I would like to thank yinz for pointing out what an A-Hole AB is AFTER he signined with the Pats.
9 years in Pittsburgh and hardly a word, yet nearly all of these things happened

People can rip Tomlin, but he did know how to control AB. I mean there was the hissy fits, but nothing this bad. Lol

Wonder how guys like Big Ben and Tomlin think of AB. I know Big Ben says in front of the cameras he would there for AB but off wonder how he really feels?

Your welcome. I wish he stuck with the Pats longer. Maybe he and Kraft could have gotten a group rate at the the masseuse. ;)

Seriously?!? By all public account, he was a great teammate most of his time in Pit. We’re all only now finding out how much they were able to privately keep under wraps, but all of the big stuff appears to be in the last year or two since he started blowing up on a very public forum. I keep wondering if that hit he took from Burfect didn’t do more damage than perceived? Regardless, the dude is unhinged and needs help.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Honestly, AB's going to be broke within a year and dead within 5 if he doesn't get some help. As ridiculous and annoying as this is those close to him really need to step in.

Monster ego + CTE from the Burfict hit = a train wreck. I say this not in jest.

He has always been a bit of a head case for years, but the past 12-18 months have been way over the top even for him. If you step back it's pretty clear there is more to this story mentally, and he is in need of some serious help.

I agree if he doesn't burn through his money soon with his extravagant lifestyle, an endless stream of lawsuits lawyers agents and victims will drain him down to zero.

In the end it's just sad. In two years he went from one of the most beloved Steelers in history, to chants of "If it's Brown flush it down".

The old adage of a fool and his money are often separated remains timeless. I agree with others on this board, he is far from done, and will out-tweet Trump in the coming months with who knows what factoids or slander. Maybe later in an attempt to get some money back, he will write a salatious tell-all book. I must say I chuckled over the fart Dr. story, maybe he can dedicate a chapter to that one.

In the end, an ugly look for him, the NFL and unfortunately our Steelers as well.

As with all train wrecks no matter how terrible it is hard to look away and say a quick prayer and move on. I'll try to do just that for AB.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Already at it this morning

Pissed that people are not paying him. Seems like he knew he was going to be in trouble and started to get into some guaranteed/signing bonus situations

Should be thankful Pats have him a chance, and now he is chewing out Kraft about paying up.

Scumbag

Pissed that people are not paying him. Seems like he knew he was going to be in trouble and started to get into some guaranteed/signing bonus situations

Should be thankful Pats have him a chance, and now he is chewing out Kraft about paying up.

Scumbag
The Pats sign these questionable players with full knowledge that they are idiots. Antonio Brown shouldn’t have been signed by the Patriots in the first place. They took the risk and it failed. As much as I dislike Brown, the Patriots should pay up.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
The Pats sign these questionable players with full knowledge that they are idiots. Antonio Brown shouldn’t have been signed by the Patriots in the first place. They took the risk and it failed. As much as I dislike Brown, the Patriots should pay up.

Not if he is in breach of contract. I agree, the Pars think Belichick is a miracle worker. I was shocked to see them go in so quick. A lot of these NFL teams have hard core investigative and security personnel who are very connected. How they didn’t turn these things up is a little shocking

AB is still a scumbag.

I've seen all the great NFL receivers since 1952 and AB is the best.
None were as electric after the catch, including Rice..

Scumbag
Kraft knew what he was getting...hard to feel sorry for him just because it didn’t work out as his typical “happy ending.”

Reactions: psrurock
Not if he is in breach of contract. I agree, the Pars think Belichick is a miracle worker. I was shocked to see them go in so quick. A lot of these NFL teams have hard core investigative and security personnel who are very connected. How they didn’t turn these things up is a little shocking

AB is still a scumbag.

And the Patriots are a scumbag organization. They deserve each other.

Reactions: odshowtime
People can rip Tomlin, but he did know how to control AB. I mean there was the hissy fits, but nothing this bad. Lol

Dead wrong....as usual. Tomlin and Rooney created this monster by not disciplining him earlier. And Ben was complicit. If they had he may have grown up and become a man instead of a clown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT