ADVERTISEMENT

another reason why I love MLB (angel Hernandez)

Here you go boys..... the first was close, the second he was right but his reputation precedes him.

I watched that love on the Tribe feed. The day before was when Angel totally blew a call and just made stuff up. Francona, the day before, was asked why he didn't get tossed when Angle blew then made stuff up the day before which costs the Indians an out. He basically said that he has a young team and getting tossed would only have hurt the team. In this game, Angel's calls were almost all correct; even the close ones. And it is clearly a balk as the tribe announcer yelled "bock" even before Angel called it. The announcers then went on to say that the Royals skipper lost it resulting in the team losing composure which then resulted in a Tribe sweep of the then first-place Royals. The young and talented Royals starter that got tossed will also be fined and, possibly, lost a start.

I thought this was an interesting contrast in how to handle these situations between Francona and the Royals skip. IMHO, Francona is one of the best in the biz and has been for a long, long time.

Is there any doubt the Tribe is one of the two best-managed franchises, given their resources, in MLB? The Tribe is 20-14 with the best pitching staff in the majors despite giving up their closer (Hand), two Cy Young winners (Bauer and Kluber) along with quality starters Carrasco and Clevinger in recent years. They also lost Francisco Lindor and Carlos Santana. They have the lowest payroll in baseball this year (just above $50m)

A long way to go but they really have done a great job (with the A's).

Reactions: Fac
Is there any doubt the Tribe is one of the two best-managed franchises, given their resources, in MLB? The Tribe is 20-14 with the best pitching staff in the majors despite giving up their closer (Hand), two Cy Young winners (Bauer and Kluber) along with quality starters Carrasco and Clevinger in recent years. They also lost Francisco Lindor and Carlos Santana. They have the lowest payroll in baseball this year (just above $50m)

A long way to go but they really have done a great job (with the A's).

Umm, They also gave up Chief Wahoo.

Umm, They also gave up Chief Wahoo.
...and, apparently, soon to give up the name "Indians". Rumor is that they are trying to change the name to guardians but are having some trademark challenges to the Marvel franchise.

...and, apparently, soon to give up the name "Indians". Rumor is that they are trying to change the name to guardians but are having some trademark challenges to the Marvel franchise.
Guardians? Hell no, They can do better. Cleveland Baseball Team. (TIC)

I like Cleveland Rocks.

Guardians? Hell no, They can do better. Cleveland Baseball Team. (TIC)

I like Cleveland Rocks.
There are two monuments guarding a major bridge over the flats into the city known as the "Guardians". Personally, I like Spiders. The "Indians" name came about via one of their best players, HOFer Nap Lajoie, was with the Spider and they renamed the team the "Naps". When Nap left they had a contest and one of the next best players was a native American named Louis Sockalexis. They named the team the Indians in his honor.

guardians.png

There are two monuments guarding a major bridge over the flats into the city known as the "Guardians". Personally, I like Spiders. The "Indians" name came about via one of their best players, HOFer Nap Lajoie, was with the Spider and they renamed the team the "Naps". When Nap left they had a contest and one of the next best players was a native American named Louis Sockalexis. They named the team the Indians in his honor.

guardians.png
Spiders is good. But I still like "Rocks". However, I don't live there just have relatives so my vote doesn't count.

Spiders is good. But I still like "Rocks". However, I don't live there just have relatives so my vote doesn't count.
I've heard "rocks" thrown around but for some reason doesn't seem to be resonating. Maybe its too easy with the R&R HOF in town.

EcKsM-WWkAEyeMN
Spider-Hat-Block-C-1200x480.jpg
47f87aa0c2dcecbbbab96f58028627a1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT