ADVERTISEMENT

Another child falls through the CYS cracks in Pennsylvania?

Had Penn State Football been given the death penalty, child endangerment would have been eradicated in Pennsylvania and possibly across the country. I blame emmert for going soft. More than that, I blame us for fighting for football.

I hate us.

The PA CYS crack...

USA%20Grand%20Canyon%20South%20Rim.jpg

Anyone looked into whether Counselor John Seasock was used by CYS in other investigations besIdes the Sandusky one?

Reactions: 91Joe95
People here are engaging in the same blame game that they accuse the media of....

Please feel free to point out in detail the similarities of which you speak. Are you referring to the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars Penn State Football receives to protect the children of the Commonwealth? No wait, that's DHS.

Are you comparing anonymous claims of abuse from 4 decades ago with current records showing that this family was in the system, CYS had visited the family several times, yet somehow these trained professionals don't see any red flags for abuse or neglect-- while the untrained football staff was supposed to see them?

This latest case makes at least 3 children dead in York County alone at the hands of their parents, whether biological or adoptive. But you want to talk about a blame game? How about you look up Nathaniel Craver, Aleta Bailey, and Isabel Rose Godfrey-- there are no confidentiality agreements associated with them-- then we can talk blame game. OK?

Reactions: 91Joe95
Please feel free to point out in detail the similarities of which you speak. Are you referring to the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars Penn State Football receives to protect the children of the Commonwealth? No wait, that's DHS.

Are you comparing anonymous claims of abuse from 4 decades ago with current records showing that this family was in the system, CYS had visited the family several times, yet somehow these trained professionals don't see any red flags for abuse or neglect-- while the untrained football staff was supposed to see them?

This latest case makes at least 3 children dead in York County alone at the hands of their parents, whether biological or adoptive. But you want to talk about a blame game? How about you look up Nathaniel Craver, Aleta Bailey, and Isabel Rose Godfrey-- there are no confidentiality agreements associated with them-- then we can talk blame game. OK?

I think the point is to wait until the investigation is complete before making a judgement on someone or an organization. Parents kill their child, blame a social service agency because of what happened with Sandusky.. seriously? This kind of logic was followed in sanctioning PSU football and charging Penn State administrators criminally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT