ADVERTISEMENT

Another $33mn down the drain

Whatever they are hiding it is in those source files. Each time a litigant is awarded Accra to them, settlement is quickly agreed to behind closed doors.

The real scandal behind all of this will tear the school to its foundation.
I'm hoping it's not the school that gets torn up but those scum BoT.

Reactions: m48tank
No one was vetted, interviewed, or subject to examinations. That's BS. Settlements were offered. Period.

They panicked because alleged victim's legal team had authorization to depose Cynthia Baldwin. The same CB that PSU waived A/C privilege for so she could try to nail Tim, Gary and Graham. Add this to the fact that PSU will not acknowledge the authenticity of the key emails used in the Freeh Report to support his "reasonable conclusions."
Something evil, sinister and criminal is being hidden.

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95
It is certainly starting to look as though the players are worried about criminal issues, not merely civil.

PSU originally approved $60 million for just under 30 accusers but approves $33 million for just 6 accusers - how does any if this make any sense? At what point does this stop? How many kids were processed through the second mile from 1977 through 2011 that could make even the most spurious claims and get paid? How about any kid making a claim even if they weren't in the second mile? If that reject Spinelli gets money from PSU for claiming abuse at a football camp then how many thousands of kids over the years who attended football camps could then make a similar claim? I wonder if PSU realizes just how much liability they have opened themselves up to? This is beyond irresponsible - it's criminal.

Reactions: PSU65 and 91Joe95
PSU originally approved $60 million for just under 30 accusers but approves $33 million for just 6 accusers - how does any if this make any sense? At what point does this stop? How many kids were processed through the second mile from 1977 through 2011 that could make even the most spurious claims and get paid? How about any kid making a claim even if they weren't in the second mile? If that reject Spinelli gets money from PSU for claiming abuse at a football camp then how many thousands of kids over the years who attended football camps could then make a similar claim? I wonder if PSU realizes just how much liability they have opened themselves up to? This is beyond irresponsible - it's criminal. If PSU collapses under this financial liability I'm going for my pound of flesh since I was a student while Sandusky was a coach and under the "PSU Standard" I will just claim that Sandusky inappropriately touched me and demand several million.

This was done to hide things the BoT was and is involved in. That actually was done a while back at their "emergency meeting" and a day before Peetz and Baldwin were to be deposed. The amounts weren't reported at that time.

Penn State just agreed to pay another six Sandusky victims $33 million ($5.5mn per victim).
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ndusky-settlements-total-93-million/76448086/

Meanwhile, back in August, the Milwaukee Archdiocese agreed to pay $21mn to 330 victims ($63,636 per victim).
http://fox6now.com/2015/08/04/archd...hed-to-compensate-clergy-sex-abuse-survivors/

What is wrong with this picture? Why is Penn State paying so much? Why is no one asking questions?

Good question, also, you should look at which attorney is raking in millions in these large settlements. Attorney fees are in the 40% range plus office expenses (copying, postage, etc.).

I have to say, isn't it obvious? These settlements are done to keep discovery from getting at the people who are agreeing to the settlements.

In other words, the BOT is settling so that what they knew, and when they knew it, isn't put out in public.

Someone on this board has a great quote - "Who is watching the watchers?". Of course, that's what FOIA is supposedly for - to allow any citizen to demand that a governmental body share all of the ugly sausage-making that the governmental body wishes would remain in the dark.

This stuff makes me sick. I've actually stopped giving and don't intend to restart until those scum are gone and apologies made, etc.

Where can I sign up for a handout? I still have a balance on my mortgage.

Step 1 - Appeal to the bot's egos by praising them.

Step 2 - Repeat their false narrative and blame the innocent people.

Step 3 - Collect check, or alternatively if you want a bigger check, threaten to depose them and collect a bigger check.

Step 4 - Cash check and spend on non-related abuse items.

Step 5 - If you went for the higher settlement, bask in the knowledge the first set of payees were chumps for settling so soon even though they also got outrageously high payments too.

I took my sons to a PSU practice in 1996 they both shook hands with JS....can they get a settlement?

I full except this to continue. In couple years a another 30 mill will be given for settlements. It will probably be close to a half billion dollars when all said and done.

Here is interview of murderer Anthony Spinelli, a Sandusky accuser.

Not sure he has been paid yet or not.

Interesting comment in the comnent section.

Step 4 - Cash check and spend on non-related abuse items.
You guys need to get off this. Sandusky's victims can spend the money on whatever they want. If you total my car I can use the settlement to buy a new car, go on vacation, or whatever else I damn well please. What they spend the money on is completely irrelevant and none of your business.

The victims' attorneys have a duty to be the best advocates for their clients. They have no duty to be "fair" to Penn State. Stop the victim bashing. It just makes us all look bad.

The problem is that the trustees and PSU attorneys are violating THEIR duty to Penn State. They are not protecting Penn State's interests. From the outset they have been putting their personal interests above the university's. This is where the focus should be.

Maybe the BOT and PSU attorneys are still under the impression that the insurance company will be paying the settlements. There is another suit we haven't heard about for awhile.

Last edited:
You guys need to get off this. Sandusky's victims can spend the money on whatever they want. If you total my car I can use the settlement to buy a new car, go on vacation, or whatever else I damn well please. What they spend the money on is completely irrelevant and none of your business.

The victims' attorneys have a duty to be the best advocates for their clients. They have no duty to be "fair" to Penn State. Stop the victim bashing. It just makes us all look bad.

The problem is that the trustees and PSU attorneys are violating THEIR duty to Penn State. They are not protecting Penn State's interests. From the outset they have been putting their personal interests above the university's. This is where the focus should be.

You must be kidding. The BOT are a bunch of scoundrels. They deserve ridicule and worse. But that does not mean that every victim is a perfect human being. You get millions of dollars via the court system, expect some people to challenge whether you're such an angel. The twitter poster (Stephanie Tidmore) is doing just that, saying that the Sandusky victim treated her horribly (perhaps abusing her, who the hell knows). Unfortunately for Stephanie, she doesn't stand to make millions.

Penn State just agreed to pay another six Sandusky victims $33 million ($5.5mn per victim).
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ndusky-settlements-total-93-million/76448086/

Meanwhile, back in August, the Milwaukee Archdiocese agreed to pay $21mn to 330 victims ($63,636 per victim).
http://fox6now.com/2015/08/04/archd...hed-to-compensate-clergy-sex-abuse-survivors/

What is wrong with this picture? Why is Penn State paying so much? Why is no one asking questions?
How did the good BOT members vote on this? If any of them voted to pay more "victims" I will not vote them again.

You must be kidding. The BOT are a bunch of scoundrels. They deserve ridicule and worse. But that does not mean that every victim is a perfect human being. You get millions of dollars via the court system, expect some people to challenge whether you're such an angel. The twitter poster (Stephanie Tidmore) is doing just that, saying that the Sandusky victim treated her horribly (perhaps abusing her, who the hell knows). Unfortunately for Stephanie, she doesn't stand to make millions.
I don't think you two disagree about BOT.

How did the good BOT members vote on this? If any of them voted to pay more "victims" I will not vote them again.
Lubrano has already been quoted as saying it was a mistake to vote for the settlements. In hindsight. Who knows what they were told by other BOT and PSU attorneys.

I don't think you two disagree about BOT.

Hal, that's probably right.

Real leaders would have said, "Look, here's the situation. So and so told us about Sandusky back in whenever. Like Joe and almost everyone else, we sort of froze. No one knew what to do, so everyone waited for the other guy to do something...."

Because I'm sure that's what happened....of course, there would be fake outrage by the sanctimonious crowd, but good people would have shouted that down (hopefully).

Looking back at all the people who didn't speak up when Joe was honest, I want to re-iterate - "Thank God for Franco Harris"

True, but it does call into question the character of some of the so-called victims. And when you do that, it might just speak of their credibility.

Their character appears to be irrelevant. They got paid, so they are victims. We may not like it nor understand it, but that is the way it is.

Their character appears to be irrelevant. They got paid, so they are victims. We may not like it nor understand it, but that is the way it is.

Yes, but we don't have to give them the status of "Saints." There's no reason to "get off it", and when someone says that, I always think that, for whatever reason, they have ulterior motives.

Who really cares if the victims get criticized? And why? There are a number of lawyers on these pages (personal injury lawyers), and their view is always shaded to extracting the most money possible. I wonder if some of the victims are represented by posters on these pages.

I don't particularly care what they do with the money, I'm just pointing out how the process psu's bot set up works.

Maybe the BOT and PSU attorneys are still under the impression that the insurance company will be paying the settlements. There is another suit we haven't heard about for awhile.

I don't think the bot, with the exception of a few idiots, was ever under any illusion that they would be reimbursed by insurance. As soon as the Freeh report came out the insurance company was already stating it wasn't accurate.

Reactions: WeR0206
These "victims" are nothing but a bunch of money grubbing parasites. And dear Old State is bending over & handing out checks like Richard Pryor's character in Brewster's Millions

Reactions: Marshall30
This is all about avoiding discovery, which the path will lead to the BoT and their personal shenanigans

People are asking questions. That is why they are so quick to settle and pay the money. They don't want the answers to the questions to become public.

Every time they do this dumb $hit they put another nail in the coffin of C/S/S in the court of public opinion. Disgraceful.

Reactions: Marshall30
People are asking questions. That is why they are so quick to settle and pay the money. They don't want the answers to the questions to become public.

Yes, regarding BoT and their thievery and setting up family and friends for financial gains.

It is refreshing to see Penn Staters making light of child sexual abuse. I can't see why people across the nation think we are a bunch of child rape enablers. #SarcasmFont

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT