ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Ellis of 11 Warriors CB for Kaindoh to PSU!

Another prediction was added this morning for Kaindoh to PSU....3rd crystal ball of him flipping to us in the last 2 days. Very odd considering he has not visited in a while but seems to be a lot of momentum here.

This would be beyond huge and could help lock in a couple of other guys.

Reactions: step.eng69
Another prediction was added this morning for Kaindoh to PSU....3rd crystal ball of him flipping to us in the last 2 days. Very odd considering he has not visited in a while but seems to be a lot of momentum here.

This would be beyond huge and could help lock in a couple of other guys.
He's going to be here on an official visit this weekend.

You can officially put him on commit watch

A win vs. MSU might seal the deal.

I think PSU will get a DT between Bolds, Conliff, or Wade-Perry. I also think we'll get another DB. Can you imagine adding Wade & Kaindoh? The only think missing is a top ILB.

Rivers is a future MLB in this class, in my opinion. And if this season's linebacker rotation has shown anything, it's that this scheme allows for a good bit of flexibility for OLBs to play MLB.

Reactions: TheGLOV

I think PSU will get a DT between Bolds, Conliff, or Wade-Perry. I also think we'll get another DB. Can you imagine adding Wade & Kaindoh? The only think missing is a top ILB.
Don't forget Spence

Suppose this plays out. We're at 26 I believe right now. Where do we end up? Top 10?

Well, Kaindoh has got to be seeing how much fun the DL is having this year and what a great job the coaches are doing with these young players.

At PSU he doesn't have to be the savior of the team, he can be among a whole bunch of gifted players all driving each other to get better, learning from each other, and -- from what I see -- supporting each other like brothers. Plus, getting state of the art position coaching.

Obviously he's not solely focused on championships or TV visibility or he wouldn't have committed to Maryland -- and that is a credit to him. But that might lead him to take a second look at PSU. Yeah PSU is going to win a lot of games these next few years, but the experience could be a lot more than that -- the program has the feel of an extended family, and clearly the players just love playing for this staff.

At PSU he doesn't have to be the savior of the team, he can be among a whole bunch of gifted players all driving each other to get better, learning from each other, and -- from what I see -- supporting each other like brothers. Plus, getting state of the art position coaching.
Him and Simmons next year on 3rd down...omg

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
26?

PSU has 17 scholarships available if nobody leaves early. Who are the candidates to leave early?
  • Nelson if he can't come back from injury
  • Godwin, but I think he still has a lot to prove
  • Gesicki? Sickels?
  • Beh? Stevens?
There aren't many kids ready for the NFL and not many that would transfer due to limited playing time. IMO this class will be about 19. We currently have 14 verbals which leaves 5 more spots. In a perfect world we get Wade, Kaindoh, a DT, a LB, and 1 other.
Uh......might just want to "delete" that post

Just sayin'

:)

Reactions: step.eng69
26?

PSU has 17 scholarships available if nobody leaves early. Who are the candidates to leave early?
  • Nelson if he can't come back from injury
  • Godwin, but I think he still has a lot to prove
  • Gesicki? Sickels?
  • Beh? Stevens?
There aren't many kids ready for the NFL and not many that would transfer due to limited playing time. IMO this class will be about 19. We currently have 14 verbals which leaves 5 more spots. In a perfect world we get Wade, Kaindoh, a DT, a LB, and 1 other.
Class rank of 26...

Regardless, it looks like the staff is expecting some kind of attrition with the number of prospects they are bringing in and the diversity of positions they are bringing in.

Reactions: m48tank and TheGLOV
Class rank of 26...

Regardless, it looks like the staff is expecting some kind of attrition with the number of prospects they are bringing in and the diversity of positions they are bringing in.

Thanks, I misunderstood (I'll delete the post).

Seem like a perfect finish with two 5* prospects would move us up to about 15. The class size would keep us from going too high.

Class ranking does not matter. What matter most is chemistry and a pipeline of dominant players.

Yes this is really good to keep in mind. Just because 4 stars and 5 stars are suddenly interested in you doesn't mean you have to offer them over players who are a better fit for your institution and your program.

I have seen this again and again -- a team experiences some success, all of a sudden they can get the highest rated players, they bring in a class of 4 stars and 5 stars and then the team underachieves and has no leadership. In the last 20 years I've seen it happen to Iowa, PSU, Michigan and others. Yeah, you need those 4 stars, but you maybe don't want a whole team of them.

Yes this is really good to keep in mind.

Just because 4 stars and 5 stars are suddenly interested in you doesn't mean you have to offer them over players who are a better fit for your institution and your program.

I have seen this again and again -- a team experiences some success, all of a sudden they can get the highest rated players, they bring in a class of 4 stars and 5 stars and then the team underachieves and has no leadership. In the last 20 years I've seen it happen to Iowa, PSU, Michigan and others. Yeah, you need those 4 stars, but you maybe don't want a whole team of them.

Class ranking does not matter. What matter most is chemistry and a pipeline of dominant players.

at this point i would agree. we may have a small class = keeps rating service model calculation low. quality is pretty high. key for us is some top level players at key spots where we lack depth. ILB stands out on this one, and maybe a run stuffing super sized DT - although we seem to be doing pretty well using a rotation of 8 DTs none over 300#.

Well, Kaindoh has got to be seeing how much fun the DL is having this year and what a great job the coaches are doing with these young players.

Obviously he's not solely focused on championships or TV visibility or he wouldn't have committed to Maryland -- and that is a credit to him. But that might lead him to take a second look at PSU. Yeah PSU is going to win a lot of games these next few years, but the experience could be a lot more than that -- the program has the feel of an extended family, and clearly the players just love playing for this staff.
Good points. Simple.
1) looks like a great place to play. Good team chemistry.
On the upswing. Family of coaches.
2) three D lineman to NFL (proves we can get you to NFL)
and well coached line this year.
3) great degree
4) close to home

Maryland only checks box 4

Good points. Simple.
1) looks like a great place to play. Good team chemistry.
On the upswing. Family of coaches.
2) three D lineman to NFL (proves we can get you to NFL)
and well coached line this year.
3) great degree
4) close to home

Maryland only checks box 4
The chances that kid ends up at Maryland are a function approaching zero

Where he DOES end up? Who knows, but PSU is probably the most likely

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT