ADVERTISEMENT

And you thought your PSU roommate was evil/bad...................

My roommate’s mother cam up to our room one day and gave my roommate a Danish cookie tin. He looked at me with a big smile and winked. I responded with a big smile because I love cookies. When she left he opened the tin and showed me what was inside. Sadly for me it was not cookies but instead the tin was a load of marijuana. Apparently, the mother did not want him buying weed off of somebody he didn’t know so the family allowed him to grow his own on the farm and smoke that. I would have been happier with the cookies.

Look, the slacker was a complete waste of flesh, but the real criminal here is the professor. Who the hell is he to be judge and jury without evidence? Guess you all should have turned it in together. Can't trust anyone anymore.
Not that 'rate my professor' is any kind of reliable source but he generally was the lowest rated prof every time I looked at it, even after graduation. He had horrible manners, yelling at students, especially females and non middle eastern student. Basically called people stupid in front of the class, including TA's and whined about lecturing to us. Don't know how he kept a job at PSU as every one in our class gave him a terrible review at the end of the year.

Bobby, helped me get through some difficult classes and labs. May God Bless my dear friend.
I was watching the Iowa game at home and my wife told me bob was in the obits. I couldn't stop crying that day.

He also drove me crazy singing Angel of the Morning and his pet peeve was ‘sleep is a waste of time, can you imagine what can be accomplished with the additional hours.’

Every time I hear this song, I think of Bobby.

Here’s to you Robert….raise a beer, a pack of Marlboro Cigarettes and Merrilee Rush. :(

69546058_132143363461.jpg

Robert Yashinski Sr Oct. 19, 1995

Robert Paul Yashinski Sr., 46, of West Bennett Street, Luzerne, died Thursday at his home.

Born on Oct. 24, 1949, in Kingston, he was the son of Leonard and Ida Ruth Callahan Yashinski Sr.

He graduated from Wyoming Valley West High School and received his degree in mechanical engineering from Penn State University.

He earned and was awarded his professional engineering certificate from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1992.

He was employed for 26 years in the engineering division by Procter & Gamble Co. with assignments in Cincinnati; Jackson, Tenn., and Mehoopany.

He was a Luzerne resident for the past eight years.

He was a member of Sacred Heart of Jesus Church of Luzerne and served as a lay minister.

Surviving in addition to his parents, are his wife, the former Margaret Mary (Marma) Ziegler; sons, Robert P. Jr., Michael P. and Allan A.; a daughter, Kate E., all at home; maternal grandmother, Ruth Callahan, Plymouth; brothers, Leonard Jr., Pittston; Thomas, Edwardsville; nieces and nephews.

A private funeral will be Monday from the Joseph C. Betz Funeral Home, 568 Bennett St., Luzerne.

Relatives and friends are invited to the Mass of Christian Burial at 9:30 a.m. Monday in St. Ann's Church, Luzerne, with the Rev. Robert Arnold officiating.

A private interment will be in St. Vincent's Cemetery, Larksville.

Friends may call from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 57 N. Franklin St., Wilkes-Barre, 18702, or the Northeast Health & Hospice Care Inc., 38 N. Main St., Pittston, 18640.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Born in 1949 and graduated in 1995?

I came back from practice my freshman year and my roommate had moved in. On the wall I find a Aladdin poster and about dozen stuffed animals on his bed. He was not in the room.

Met the guy a couple of hours later after he came back from dinner with his parents. Dude and his parents were in full meltdown and his mom was handing him freaking baby wipes (not kidding) from her purse. After every one settled down we exchanged greatings and pleasantries.

Sleeping with Teddy bears aside, Dude was an ok roommate and we did not have much interaction for a month.

We shared a bathroom and shower with the stoners next door. One day they grabbed me in the hall and said "it has to stop. It is disgusting....". Aperantly my roomate Luke to shave his "body" hair in the shower to the point it clogged the drain repeatedly. I showered in the athletic facilites after morning workouts and afternoon practices so I never knew.

He was an OK guy and I really had no beef with him.

The season was done in November and I started to mshower in the "suite" and witnessed the hair clog multiple times a week. It was like a raccoon pelt on the shower floor two times a week. Dude did not even have the decency to attempt to clean up after him.

I went over to the stoners next door and told them he would be out within a month. Two weeks later he moved his Alidan poster and Teddy bears down the hall to a vacant bed.

Nice guy, but he and his parents were weird off the spectrum.

I think I was the bad roommate because my roommates were decent. Except the crazy hashish dealer who ran away and never came back when the cops started looking for him. He was an awesome roommate before that though
His first name wasn't Fred, was it? The guy I'm thinking of got arrested but somehow put it behind him. He had to go elsewhere to finish up his degree.

His first name wasn't Fred, was it? The guy I'm thinking of got arrested but somehow put it behind him. He had to go elsewhere to finish up his degree.

I can't remember his name but it wasn't Fred. He was a nut and he had so much money. He was like an evil genius. I remember when he bought a keg of Heineken for the Miami game, he was a god-king to us after that. We had this old house on a huge property out by Walmart. It was like camping out there. Way different than Cedarbook, that's for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT