ADVERTISEMENT

"And the walls.....come tumblin' down"

I am a aware of about 10 percent of what you guys know...can someone explain the significance of this?

Many thanks.

The legal idiocy of the BOT aside, who the hell are these judges to pontificate as if they are some half-assed moralist? Who the hell is Gary Glazer to comment on what a member of the American public could reasonably claim ignorance about? Does Gary Glazer hold himself to this same standard - I guarantee he doesn't. By the way, Gary, sweetheart - the Catholic Church child sex abuse scandal didn't become a major public story until about 2002. The incidents in question occurred in 1998 and 2001, so you see sweetie it wasn't on anyone's consciousness. I can't believe people actually have to address these assholes as 'your honor.' By the way, I found it interesting that Gary Glazer is an Ohio State graduate.

"The American public, of which Spanier and Schultz are members, had been exposed by the media to countless stories of priests, teachers and others who repeatedly sexually abused many children over many years. It is highly unlikely that anyone at the turn of this current century could reasonably claim ignorance of the existence and practice of sexual predators like Sandusky,” Glazer said.
Who wrote the first paragraph and where did you find it? Thanks.

I am a aware of about 10 percent of what you guys know...can someone explain the significance of this?

Many thanks.

For me as well...anything that gets the bums to burn i hell I am all for....but I don't understand what happened here....

For me as well...anything that gets the bums to burn i hell I am all for....but I don't understand what happened here....
I will try.

PSU BoT took responsibilty for Sandusky's abuse of 32 victims, paying out 93 Mil plus while assuring all that they would recoup that money from their insurance company, PA Manufacturers Ins. CO. PMI is contesting that in front of Judge Glazer.

At the same time, the BoT paid Freeh 8.5 Mil to write a report that would basically convict Curley, Schultz, Spanier and Joe, a report that was far from independent and was influenced by not only the BoT but also the B1G, the PA OAG and the NCAA.

So, you see, Judge Glazer states that PSU's own report says that the admins and Joe should have known what JS was doing with children. Therefore PMI is not responsible and the BoT is stuck with 93Mil in payments that won't be reimbursed. Essentially, that the BoT fell on their own sword, were hoist by their own petard. Trick-phucked themselves.

I know I did a lousy job of explaining, and left out some details, but if you take what I offered and then reread the original post, you should pretty much get it. Others could do a much better job of explaing and this is just my read.

Last edited:
Right. None of the funds will come from taxpayers.
Just as he assured students that none of the funds will come from tuition.
Just as he assured the alumni that none of the funds will come from donations.

Obviously, the money will come from the basement at Hammond. ;-)
Perhaps the football program will loan them the money.

Didn't Ray predict that this is exactly what would happen if they BOT did not repudiate the Freeh Report. All I can say is that for people who are supposed to be savvy businesspeople, the BOT really fudged up.

Last edited:
soooo now can the Freeh report be brought up and reviewed as a full board.?? or is it not relevant to any on-going university manners?!

Yep. I'd say the Freeh report is now front and center relevant to PSU matters before the board.

I hope the alumni reps throw that quote right back in Barron's face (IIRC- he was the 1 that said the Freeh report didn't need looked at since it wasn't relevant to any matters before the BoT).

Has anyone else seen this:

"... one of Penn State's insurers has claimed ' in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU head coach Joe Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky.' "

Cannot link but it was posted tonight in a Pennlive article.

This is new to me. Sollers and Lubrano have responded.

Lubrano, Barron, the rest of the alumni trustees....they need to be stronger imo

They need to go meet Wolf and either get him on board or learn quickly that he's no help and find another avenue. They are marginalized by the BoT and the local CDT/ Patriot News/ Scranton/ Philly etc media will not listen to them. They need a bully pulpit to end run the old guard BoT.

bI6qdmt.jpg

Right. None of the funds will come from taxpayers.
Just as he assured students that none of the funds will come from tuition.
Just as he assured the alumni that none of the funds will come from donations.

Obviously, the money will come from the basement at Hammond. ;-)

The alumni trustee need to raise hell over this- forcefully and publicly. Clearly Eeickson and the BoT lied. Money will (and has already) come from state public and likely student tuition funds.

These are the points that need to be hammered home to get the local press to start thinking that maybe they should listen to alumni reps and not just blindly take the BoT and Barron/ Erickson at their word.

If anyone remembers, right after the Freeh report was released the insurance company said it looked like garbage and they wouldn't be paying anything out based on it. The bot went ahead anyways and paid outrageous amounts without including the insurance company in vetting any claims. Now, that presents several real problems for certain bot members. First, if they did not include insurance, they screwed up big time, a clear violation of their duty. Second, if they went against insurance and misrepresented that to the board, there's another fiduciary problem. Third, if they didn't vet the 'victims' claims properly, they wasted PSU funds, and not a trivial amount. That's another fiduciary problem. Now, Rodney is on the record that all monies are fungible, meaning taxpayers among others paid for this. That's got its own set of problems right there. On top of that, the board is preventing inspection of records vital to this topic. Personally, instead of trying to block Lubert, et al, since its a losing proposition, I'd instead focus on calling for him and others to recuse themselves from these topics. Embarrass them at every opportunity and get legislators involved. At some point, the accounts that those funds were stolen from need to be replenished, and that requires votes, making it relevant board business.

Since we are exposing Erickson for being a Gopher, don't forget elected Judge Gary Glazer is a Buckeye (Ohio State) and went to Law School at Case Western Reserve. I know he was impartial, Ha! Ha! Though I think he should have recused himself or minimally disclosed his potential bias (Please don't write that I don't know what I'm talking about- I fully disclose that I don't know what I'm talking about).

Can anybody break this down for me? I think I get the gist but after reading all the comments, I'm a little lost to what this all means.
It doesn't mean anything at this point. It is media running amuck. The insurance is claiming that there were alleged incidents of Jerry abusing kids dating back to the 1970s and PSU knew about it (re: Joe and athletic director). Therefore, the insurance company is not responsible for paying victim settlement claims that have already been paid by PSU. Check out the other thread. https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/and-the-walls-come-tumblin-down.115599/page-2#post-1767870

"... one of Penn State's insurers has claimed ' in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU head coach Joe Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky.' "

Twitter is going crazy with this.

Didn't Ray predict that this is exactly what would happen if they BOT did not repudiate the Freeh Report. All I can say is that for people who are supposed to be savvy businesspeople, the BOT really fudged up.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any reason to think the scoundrels "messed up" -- they surely knew this was going to be the outcome and just didn't care. Obviously, the insurance wasn't going to pay up after their Freeh-lead smear campaign against the football program, Joe and C/S/S, but why does it matter to them if the claim was denied and the insurance won't pay? It's not their money.

I mean, obviously, a sensible Trustee who actually cared about their fiduciary duty to the school would care, but I think we are all well beyond pretending that it defines the jerks who have been running the Board.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Since we are exposing Erickson for being a Gopher, don't forget elected Judge Gary Glazer is a Buckeye (Ohio State) and went to Law School at Case Western Reserve. I know he was impartial, Ha! Ha! Though I think he should have recused himself or minimally disclosed his potential bias (Please don't write that I don't know what I'm talking about- I fully disclose that I don't know what I'm talking about).
Now that there's funny.........in a self deprecating sort of way.

Isn't it convenient that this info became headline news the same day? Surely this wasn't planned.

Reactions: PSU77sh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT