ADVERTISEMENT

And down goes Serena!

I'm not a tennis fan, but my wife plays and is an avid fan. I truly believe Serena is juicing, and it stuns me that her body type, when held up side-by-side with the European supermodel tennis players, isn't called into question by the adoring and breathless Worldwide Leader....

Reactions: psu00
I'm not a tennis fan, but my wife plays and is an avid fan. I truly believe Serena is juicing, and it stuns me that her body type, when held up side-by-side with the European supermodel tennis players, isn't called into question by the adoring and breathless Worldwide Leader....

You think? Show me a top athlete that doesn't "juice" and I will show you a liar. Odds are, if you're a TOP athlete, you're juicing.

A great day for the Italians: #26 seed knocks off #2 / unseeded knocks off #1.....unbelievable!

I mentioned that about Serena earlier in the week here....astonishing that no one's even mentioned the possibility that she's using performance enhancing drugs.

Reactions: BrucePa and psu00
It was 300-1 odds going into the match.....but today showed that's why they play the game. Shows that the biggest, fastest, strongest doesn't always win. You can be out-schemed, out thought and out finessed.....and out played.

Reactions: psu00
Pathetic effort in the 2nd set to let Vinci gain some confidence.

Great! Very timely. Now Franklin can coax her to become an offensive tackle. She can replace Paris Palmer. She more strength, quickness, and athleticism than anyone on our offensive line.

Reactions: BrucePa
Watched the last set. Serena's legs are just unbelievable thick, and I'm guessing her body fat content is low for a woman. Vinci's strategy (i.e., keep the ball in play and run Serena back and forth as much as possible) seemed pretty good, and was the only thing that was gonna work, because Vinci can't match Serena groundstroke for groundstroke. Serena was also having problems with her right foot or ankle, and I think that contributed to it. Good for Vinci. Her post match interview was fantastic. She made a lot of American fans.

Watched the last set. Serena's legs are just unbelievable thick, and I'm guessing her body fat content is low for a woman. Vinci's strategy (i.e., keep the ball in play and run Serena back and forth as much as possible) seemed pretty good, and was the only thing that was gonna work, because Vinci can't match Serena groundstroke for groundstroke. Serena was also having problems with her right foot or ankle, and I think that contributed to it. Good for Vinci. Her post match interview was fantastic. She made a lot of American fans.

Don't think the ankle effected her, she didn't even re-tape the ankle when the tape broke, she just took the tape off and never saw her look at her ankle the rest of the match.

I agree with everything else.....loved the finesse game. I played a lot when I was younger and the knees were good, I could never play the power game.....but amazing how often my "change-of-pace" slice and position would mess up the big hitters. Unfortunately the slice game doesn't help my golf game.

Vinci's on-court, post-match interview was really really cool. And, on the other hand, was hard to watch Serena's post-match press conference. Not a Serena fan, but still felt sorry for her despite rooting like crazy for Vinci.

Thanks god... after sitting through all of the fawning and stroking of the match of the century between Venus and Serena on Tuesday, I don't have the stomach to watch another one of her matches.

Reactions: BrucePa

I have no idea whether she juces or not. She has been big and muscular for as long as I can remember, so if she is juicing, she has been doing it since the start of her career. See below when she won the French in 2002. She may be a little bit bigger now but growth is not the same exponential growht that took place with Barry Bonds through his career.

i

Don't think the ankle effected her, she didn't even re-tape the ankle when the tape broke, she just took the tape off and never saw her look at her ankle the rest of the match..
Actually, Serena's right ankle WAS retaped just before the last two games of the third set. The old tape was cut off (and her ankle retaped) during the changeover, when the players were in their seats next to the umpire's chair. .

Actually, Serena's right ankle WAS retaped just before the last two games of the third set. The old tape was cut off (and her ankle retaped) during the changeover, when the players were in their seats next to the umpire's chair. .

My goof then - was watching and coming back off the commercial thought the announcers said she DIDN'T re-tape, just removed the broken tape and put her shoe back on. When they replay the match.....will they call it "The Tale Of The Tape"?

Not all female players are long and lanky. Navratilova, King, Hingis, just about any player from South America, etc. Serena has always been stout and more muscular than her sister, even when she first started out.

Thanks god... after sitting through all of the fawning and stroking of the match of the century between Venus and Serena on Tuesday, I don't have the stomach to watch another one of her matches.

You like watching tennis but you don't like watching the greatest American tennis player ever? Seems a bit strange.

I have always "loved" both of the Williams sisters but didn't like their father at all. He is an "All American" ass hat. That being said, I strangely found myself not caring if Serena lost because ESPN would have driven her major accomplishment down our throat. The primary culprit would have been Michael Wilbon. He would have made it a racial thing vis-a-vis Stephie, Babe Didrikson, Secretaiat or whomever.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
You like watching tennis but you don't like watching the greatest American tennis player ever? Seems a bit strange.

I also like watching baseball, but didn't want to watch Barry Bonds 24/7. My complaint wasn't against Serena, as much as it was with the coverage of her match with her sister by ESPN.

Great! Very timely. Now Franklin can coax her to become an offensive tackle. She can replace Paris Palmer. She more strength, quickness, and athleticism than anyone on our offensive line.
She's also probably got a higher testosterone level than any of them...never have seen a female that muscular...ever.

Vinci played solidly in the second and third sets with nothing to lose and Serena choked in crunch time with everything to lose, which she almost never has done before. As great as Vinci's post-match interview was (completely genuine and honest), Serena's was an embarrassment to herself and to the sport. She can be gracious and all smiles when she wins, but a spoiled brat when she loses.

Didn't she date LaVar for awhile? I would have recruited the child of that union immediately upon birth, just based on genetics.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Did anyone ever watch the video from Wimbledon 2014 doubles match? Serena looked liked she was drunk or on drugs. It amazes me it never got much traction because it was so embarrassing for US tennis. If you get a chance watch it on YouTube. In terms of steroids...idk.

I actually watched the replay of the third set again last night and, as I originally posted, I was right. The ankle was NOT re-taped. The announcers were very clear: a trainer came out and cut off the old tape.....then she put on a brace......then she retied her shoe. Then she went on and lost the match. Sorta like PSU - Temple, hard to believe what you were watching.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT