ADVERTISEMENT

Although Prince holds the title of best Super Bowl halftime show performer

This year’s SB halftime show is gonna be off the hook. It’s in LA, the home of these cool ass MF’ers. Should be a great show. Finally excited to see a SB halftime show.

What?

No "F"in way!

The Stones and The Boss ruled Super Bowl half time shows!!

Sounds great…both because I’ll like it, and it’ll piss off old guys that think some 70s rocker would be better for a diverse, global audience that’s trying to target a younger demographic.

Reactions: republion
Sounds great…both because I’ll like it, and it’ll piss off old guys that think some 70s rocker would be better for a diverse, global audience that’s trying to target a younger demographic.
I have two young sons that only listen to Rap/R&B and I guarantee you they will not be interested in this show. Not sure what younger generation they are after but it’s not going to get the under 25 crowd.

Megan thee stallion. Cardi B. Who’s the guy who has sex with the devil? These are the present and topical acts. Cardi B even had a zoom discussion with then candidate Joe Biden (I doubt anyone told him that she used to drug her johns so she could rob them).

Time to admit that halftime show is unable to please more than a small segment. Old time rappers won’t do it.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Dr. Dre, Snoop, and Em are going to be the bomb. Can’t wait. Not sure why all y’all are bitching about it, it’ll be past your bedtime when they come on anyways. However, maybe you’ll catch a glimpse when you’re walking to the bathroom after waking up for your 3rd piss in the middle of your slumber. 😂

I have wondered if the target demographic for the halftime show is the same as the demograhic for the game. Did a quick serach and couldn't find anything concrete. I get the sense they are not.

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown
I have two young sons that only listen to Rap/R&B and I guarantee you they will not be interested in this show. Not sure what younger generation they are after but it’s not going to get the under 25 crowd.
True but they also have Kendrick Lamar and he probably appeals to that demographic.

True but they also have Kendrick Lamar and he probably appeals to that demographic.

There are few people in Rap/R&B bigger or more influential than Dr. Dre. I have no idea what 'rap fans' of today like (maybe Tyler the Creator? Drake? Kanye?), but Dre (and Eminem) towers over them. By miles. He basically invented West Coast rap sound. He's a hitmaker who discovered Snoop, Eazy-E, and Eminem. Kendrick Lamar is probably a current equivalent (in terms of cred, achievement, accolades). I can't think of a more influential and important rap artist than Dre think the halftime show should be pretty cool.

Trust me - no one wants to see Tyler The Creator....actually, I'd love that.

giphy.gif

There are few people in Rap/R&B bigger or more influential than Dr. Dre. I have no idea what 'rap fans' of today like (maybe Tyler the Creator? Drake? Kanye?), but Dre (and Eminem) towers over them. By miles. He basically invented West Coast rap sound. He's a hitmaker who discovered Snoop, Eazy-E, and Eminem. Kendrick Lamar is probably a current equivalent (in terms of cred, achievement, accolades). I can't think of a more influential and important rap artist than Dre think the halftime show should be pretty cool.

Trust me - no one wants to see Tyler The Creator....actually, I'd love that.

giphy.gif
Someone gets it.

For a “has been”, Snoop is still pretty well regarded too by younger people I know that are into hip hop.

Reactions: BBrown
Wait....what is this rap/r&b stuff......rhythm and blues is not at all like rap is it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT