ADVERTISEMENT

ALion4Life

BornALion

Jul 29, 2003
Thank you all for your prayers and fond memories of my dads posts. It is with a heavy heart I say that we lost him earlier tonight. The world is a little emptier and sadder without him. I will always hold my memories of attending games with him close and hope to experience continued joy with my own son. I will post his obituary once published if anyone would like to donate to our charities in his name.

Thank you all for your prayers and fond memories of my dads posts. It is with a heavy heart I say that we lost him earlier tonight. The world is a little emptier and sadder without him. I will always hold my memories of attending games with him close and hope to experience continued joy with my own son. I will post his obituary once published if anyone would like to donate to our charities in his name.
So sorry for you're loss.

Reactions: BornALion
May your Father rest in peace and your family be supported by love. In following your posts I've reflected upon both the loss of my dad and my daughter. Unlike your situation, my close losses were both sudden and without warning. There were no extended illnesses or hospital visits- and no opportunities for proper good byes. There are so many questions without answers, and which is the "better" way to pass from this life for both the individual and their loved ones remains a mystery. I'm glad you were able to honor your father on this forum and hope that we collectively helped in a small measure. Godspeed with the services.

My prayers for your Dad and your family in this time of sorrow.

A line from Return of the King comes to mind. After the final struggle is over, "the gray rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it...white shores. And beyond, the far green country, under a swift sunrise."

I am so sorry for your loss. May your wonderful memories of the time you spent with your father carry you through the challenging times.

I am sorry for your loss.

You and your entire family & friends have my sincere condolences.

Going home, going home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul

My dads obituary below

Jeffrey Williams, 67, of South Abington Twp., passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family on July 10 after a short battle with Multiple System Atrophy. He is survived by his wife, Peggy Walsh Williams.

Born in Carbondale, son of the late William Williams and Margaret Richardson Williams, Jeff was a 1971 graduate of Benjamin Franklin High School, Carbondale, and a 1975 graduate from Pennsylvania State University, Main Campus. He was a resident of Dunmore before relocating to South Abington Twp. in 1993. A system programmer and project manager for Metropolitan Life, Jeff retired on June 30, 2014, after 35 years with the company.

An avid Philadelphia and Penn State sports fan, Jeff enjoyed watching and discussing every game and every new season with his children and friends. Jeff coached baseball for Junior Little League, Little League and Teener League in Dunmore, as well as Abington softball. Jeff was an avid golfer and held memberships at Glen Oak Country Club and the Scranton Canoe Club, where he has a recorded hole-in-one. He was also a member of the Abington Sportsmen's Club.

Jeff was well known for his wit and would always have a joke to tell. His humor will be sorely missed.

On a vacation in Ireland, Jeff left a message at the Medieval Mile Museum in Kilkenny. It reads: "I hope to be remembered as kind, charitable and considerate of others. The people I know could say I was a good man, a better friend, and a great father. Then I have fulfilled my purpose as a human being." Anyone that knows Jeff knows he fulfilled his purpose.

Also surviving are his children, Todd Williams and partner, Chrissy Welsch, Scott Twp.; Brandon Williams and wife, Stephanie, Miami Springs, Florida; Amber Dietrich and husband, Randy, Philadelphia; step-daughter, Jillian Ikeler and fiancé, Ken Colborn, Downingtown; grandsons Tyler, Lucas and Nathaniel; sister, Cheryl Crowl, Carbondale; twin brother, Joel and wife, Lorraine, Throop; as well as nieces and nephews. His dog, Bentley, will certainly miss having his dad around to play and comfort him.

He was also preceded in death by his brother-in-law, Richard Crowl.

Jeff's family would like to thank the many physical, occupational, palliative and hospice caregivers from Allied who treated him over the course of his illness and brought peace and comfort in his final days.

A memorial service will be held on Friday at 11 a.m. in the Hedley W. Mason Funeral Home, 436 Main St, Peckville.

Friends and family may call at the funeral home Thursday between 5 and 8 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in Jeff's memory be made to Griffin Pond Animal Shelter or St. Jude Children's Hospital

God bless you and your family in this time of need.

So sorry for your loss. I will include you and your family in my prayers. Your dad will be missed on the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT