ADVERTISEMENT

AKB: Cancun resort in Hotel Zone (and I did check the search function)....

Nittany_9

Feb 21, 2002
I always get great vacation recommendations & idea's on this board. I haven't seen one on the Hotel Zone in Cancun.

Looking to take the wife and 2 boys (16 & 12) to Cancun next February....

The sheer amount of options, even after filtering out the Adults Only resorts is overwhelming and looking to see if the Board has any suggestions and see if there is some overlap with my research.

Thanks as always!!!!!

We've been to that area of Mexico many times and are going again next Feb. We like to go to Riviera Maya south of Playa Del Carmen as we really enjoy snorkeling. Not all resorts have good reefs right offshore, but those that do are south of Playa. The Barcelo is our favorite, like the Grand Sirenis, too. Akuma Bay Resort has the best snorkeling, but is a smaller resort without as many restaurants or activities. You fly into Cancun and they take you to the resort in a van or bus.

Check out Finest in Playa Mujeres. It is to the north a bit. Part of the Excellence chain.

We’ve been to a few resorts in the hotel zone and Riviera Maya. I would personally recommend looking at the Hard Rock resorts. We stayed at the one in Cancun and it was fantastic. Food was amazing and the drinks were top shelf (never had Grey Goose come standard before). The daily activities are definitely a lot of fun as well. Lots going on there

Pool area is great with two swim-up bars, but the downside is that the resort is a bit dated. We heard another place owned it before and HR refurbished it. We heard great things about the HR Riviera Maya, especially if you have kids. Apparently it’s much newer and nicer with all the positives from Cancun. Also, it’s pretty big with multiple areas. We are checking out the one in the DR this October

Reactions: Obliviax
I personally like “The Palace” resort chain. There are a few in the hotel zone in Cancun, some are for couples and others for families. They are high rise type properties, but I think the rooms are above average, food and drinks good for a non high end place, and I believe they still include free excursions or upgrades. We got an upgraded room and free massage (just need to tip) last time there. Very solid value imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT