ADVERTISEMENT

AKB: Are the Norwegian women right or not?

Should bikini bottoms be part of the required uniform for womens' beach handball players?

• No, they should be allowed to wear shorts, yoga pants, or whatever they want.

Votes: 42 46.2%
  • Yes, bikini shorts should be worn at all times, by all (female) players.

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Maybe. Depends on what the woman in question looks like in bikini bottoms.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • ? WTF is the IHA? They play handball on beaches?

Votes: 8 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
The Norwegian womens' beach handball team is, according to the linked report, protesting the requirement of the International Handball Association that female competitors wear bikini bottoms "with a close fit and cut on an upward angle" as part of their standard uniform. Male competitors are free to wear shorts and tee shirts. The Norwegian gals have been fined for making their protest a fashion statement in the bronze medal game of the Euro 2021 tournament.

I thought this would be an appropriate issue for which to seek input and guidance from the All Knowing Board. Poll closes in three (3) days.

Should you wish to make a more informed decision on the uniform issue, more photos of women in standard bikini uniforms can be accessed by opening the linked article, scrolling down to the photo of the Norwegian team in their preferred "shorts" uniforms, and then clicking on the link just below that photo entitled "View More on Instagram." More, indeed.

Last edited:
It's stupid. Let them wear whatever they want. If the IHA is hung up on the word "beach" then rename the sport using "sand". It's a sport and not a T&A contest although I'll look at that stuff if it's out there.

There's also the controversy of swimmers wearing larger caps to accommodate a larger hairdo. The governing body requires the skin tight model but why does it matter unless there's a competitive advantage involved? I'd think a large cap would create more drag but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU
Is our answer supposed to be our reasoned opinion, or our unreasoned opinion. These are vastly divergent.
My thought was to defer to the wisdom, prudence and sense of humor of individual voters on that question.

Quite simply, they should be able to wear any style bottoms they wish…….but the maximum number of square inches of fabric should not exceed that of the other teams uniforms.

Wear whatever they want, but don't bitch when no one watches them and they don't make any money.

Somewhere buried in this thread is a flag able offense!
210720-norway-beach-handball-mn-1050.jpg

vs

They are from norwiegen wear Norwegians clothing.
Thought you would like that laf.

No. The governing body is right. For the simple reason that we should expect honestly in sports marketing. And if there is one honest point swirling around here, it is that "beach" sports only exist, and we only play along with those who call them sports, because they are premised on the much more enduring principle of eye candy.

Reactions: Midnighter2
OK, the last paragraph of my OP gave directions for a link to more photos, but in the interest of facilitating more informed voting in this poll, I have included a couple of additional photos of players in uniform. Viz.:

hqdefault.jpg

e31bbe63a6430deef859d52e6c526142.jpg
9caecff2ad32ddb62053807c6312ef17.jpg

3843a0f9dae6f9f03ca76f59122e35dc.jpg
God bless it. Especially the last one

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
IDK, I am torn on this. As a fan, I am distracted by asses hanging out. I don't think it is necessary to mandate bikini bottoms in women's sports(even the indoor volleyball ones are bit too short). As a man I do enjoy the scenery but I think it should be the choice of the athlete. If they feel they perform better in bikini bottoms that let them wear hit, if its the spandex shorts then let them wear it.

I must say, I am thankful as a father that my daughter had the good taste to participate in the much more dignified sport of dressage/show jumping, and that the likelihood of a future "beach dressage" event would seem to be remote.
Very comforting, but what about the horse’s ass?

I must say, I am thankful as a father that my daughter had the good taste to participate in the much more dignified sport of dressage/show jumping, and that the likelihood of a future "beach dressage" event would seem to be remote.
Horses? You must be broke... :cool: 🤑💰💰💰💰💰

Horses? You must be broke... :cool: 🤑💰💰💰💰💰
Yeah, I have a lovely four-legged lawn ornament, currently enjoying his retirement in Georgia. Unfortunately, I'm not so wealthy enough that I would consider him to be a mere chattel that I could just kill off without suffering any emotional consequences.

The Norwegian womens' beach handball team is, according to the linked report, protesting the requirement of the International Handball Association that female competitors wear bikini bottoms "with a close fit and cut on an upward angle" as part of their standard uniform. Male competitors are free to wear shorts and tee shirts. The Norwegian gals have been fined for making their protest a fashion statement in the bronze medal game of the Euro 2021 tournament.

I thought this would be an appropriate issue for which to seek input and guidance from the All Knowing Board. Poll closes in three (3) days.

Should you wish to make a more informed decision on the uniform issue, more photos of women in standard bikini uniforms can be accessed by opening the linked article, scrolling down to the photo of the Norwegian team in their preferred "shorts" uniforms, and then clicking on the link just below that photo entitled "View More on Instagram." More, indeed.
Why in the hell are they not wearing thongs? Everyone knows that a full range of motion is imperative to winning in beach team hand ball.

OK, the last paragraph of my OP gave directions for a link to more photos, but in the interest of facilitating more informed voting in this poll, I have included a couple of additional photos of players in uniform. Viz.:

hqdefault.jpg

e31bbe63a6430deef859d52e6c526142.jpg
9caecff2ad32ddb62053807c6312ef17.jpg

3843a0f9dae6f9f03ca76f59122e35dc.jpg
I'm not sure this evidence is decisive. Thankfully, Washington Caps' F Tom Wilson lives a few blocks away; I'll ask his girlfriend (Canadian beach volleyball player) Taylor Pischke if she can try on a couple of alternative unis, and then, as Bob might say, 'i'll get back to you."

She looks tough! I'd let her wear what she wants for fear of a beatdown...
210720-norway-beach-handball-mn-1050.jpg

Interesting placement of a QR code...

121 Penalty Flag Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

15 yard personal foul on @Aardvark86. There are board rules.
ok i was sorta kinda trying to be discrete given the neighborhood thing, not to mention the whole tom wilson thing. But if you insist...

Tom, you really need to find some old gif of the late NFL referee Ben Dreith (giving him the business) for these purposes

Last edited:
In honor of my favorite Sixers point guard, Mo Cheeks rule!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT