ADVERTISEMENT

AJ's charges

Sounds real similar to Steveson’s disappearing charges.
Stevenson's situation was totally different as I recall. He came forward right away and said he did not think he did anything wrong and he was not even the one who was implicated. It was someone else that he was with. Am I misremembering that?

Stevenson's situation was totally different as I recall. He came forward right away and said he did not think he did anything wrong and he was not even the one who was implicated. It was someone else that he was with. Am I misremembering that?
I remember the victim dropping the charges,whether GS was involved or not. Granted it didnt go NEAR as far as AJF’s case but makes ya wonder…

Reactions: lookleft goright
Does that make you the ring leader of the idiots?
If you say so.
Oh yeah.... Who would think he wouldn't be on board with all of this. Who is taking care of the country when he is on here defending A.J and the rest of his ilk.
Defending AJ? You must not pay much attention to what I post. It's all good though. I get it

Per an article in The Oklahoman:
“The young woman who is at the center of this matter has endured in the last year vicious attacks on multiple forms of social media, continuing trauma, blame, harassment, ostracism and indirect threats to her career,” Thomas’ motion stated.

“She has made the very difficult decision after consultation with her family that her further involvement is much less important than her health, a career that she loves and the ugliness and hatred that she encounters and suffers each time this matter progresses into the next step.”

Gotta love how some believe the charges being dismissed are the same as him being innocent. He is, has been, and will continue to be a piece of garbage.
Can't blame her for ducking out. The criminal justice system doesn't really incentivize victim witnesses to come forward. It's also possible that she settled any anticipated civil suit, and agreed informally to decline to be a witness in the criminal case. It's not supposed to work that way but it often does.

@WildTurk is not a defender of AJ. He’s made it very clear he doesn’t want him. He did it on HR. As much as we rib him for being easily triggered by wrestling stuff (all in fun), I don’t think any of us here should doubt his morals/character.
Thank you McScoreley. You get it aswell. My mother preached to me from a young age about morals and character. I'm thankful she did that over and over.

It's unfortunate to be labeled as a supporter/defender of AJ simply because I'm a Hawkeye fan. That's just not true

Last edited:
Oh, the irony of your second paragraph on a PSU site. I know you mean well, and are anti-AJ, but PSU fans are called cultists, enablers and our school is called Ped State.
By a few fans. Not the majority.

Cultists was the first word you went for? Not hardly. Enablers was the 2nd word??

The Ped State thing will never go away. There will always be some that mention it. Sandusky did your University dirty. I never bring it up personally and never will. Especially on the wrestling forums

No matter what, Turk has never crossed any line in his discussions here (and we know our debates with him can get heated) and like I mentioned, he went on HR and clearly stated under no circumstances would he want AJ. For that I’m going to defend him here.

“The young woman who is at the center of this matter has endured in the last year vicious attacks on multiple forms of social media, continuing trauma, blame, harassment, ostracism and indirect threats to her career,” Thomas’ motion stated.

“She has made the very difficult decision after consultation with her family that her further involvement is much less important than her health, a career that she loves and the ugliness and hatred that she encounters and suffers each time this matter progresses into the next step.”

Gotta love how some believe the charges being dismissed are the same as him being innocent. He is, has been, and will continue to be a piece of garbage.
Gotta wonder how she will feel if he does it to another girl?

No matter what, Turk has never crossed any line in his discussions here (and we know our debates with him can get heated) and like I mentioned, he went on HR and clearly stated under no circumstances would he want AJ. For that I’m going to defend him here.
I know, and acknowledged that, but it’s a strange card to play. And Turk, if you don’t believe the cultists and enabler comment, you must never have visited many other sites

Gotta wonder how she will feel if he does it to another girl?
anyone knowing his character shouldn’t be near the guy at this point. This girl should have a clear conscience no matter how he eventually implodes.

Thank you McScoreley. You get it aswell. My mother preached to me from a young age about morals and character. I'm thankful she did that over and over.

It's unfortunate to be labeled as a supporter/defender of AJ simply because I'm a Hawkeye fan. That's just not true
But what if Brooks and Ferrari are wrestling in the Ncaa finals with the team title on the line?

Unfortunately the win by any means in Iowa, can lead to huge lawsuit for university loss of job and permanent black mark for brands and program. Thats just the minor things, the poor ladies that could be permanently scarred would be the real atrocity.

If the tournament comes down to the 197 final, several things went very, very badly for PSU.

Beyond that, give me the only guy who challenged David Taylor in the past year.
The hypothetical question was for the Iowa fan. He will not answer because he won't admit he would want Ferrari to win.

The hypothetical question was for the Iowa fan. He will not answer because he won't admit he would want Ferrari to win.
Hypothetically it could snow in Bali. Like Turk, they're probably not concerned about it.

He left DNA in Patrick McKees bed if my memory is correct.

Are you perhaps referring to this:

I guess this is probably known to many here but I've never heard it. The allegations are heinous, and feel soft-pedalled here, partly b/c they're not directly at issue, partly b/c of the era.

I'm not too surprised by it, other than the fact that the argument was brought at all because there's no question as to whether there's a due process right to wrestle in high school. That he was granted a TRO, which permitted him to wrestle at the Sectional tournament, was a judge bending over backwards because the baselessness of his argument was evident at that point, even if TROs have a much lower standard. The same judge that issued the TRO denied him the injunction, killing Brands' ending senior HS season. Obviously the HS allegations didn't faze the university, or impact his college career at all; had this occurred last year Brands might've had trouble going directly to a D1 school.

I guess this is probably known to many here but I've never heard it. The allegations are heinous, and feel soft-pedalled here, partly b/c they're not directly at issue, partly b/c of the era.

I'm not too surprised by it, other than the fact that the argument was brought at all because there's no question as to whether there's a due process right to wrestle in high school. That he was granted a TRO, which permitted him to wrestle at the Sectional tournament, was a judge bending over backwards because the baselessness of his argument was evident at that point, even if TROs have a much lower standard. The same judge that issued the TRO denied him the injunction, killing Brands' ending senior HS season. Obviously the HS allegations didn't faze the university, or impact his college career at all; had this occurred last year Brands might've had trouble going directly to a D1 school.
Yup - he’s lucky it happened back in the 80s when, frankly, no one really listened to a female victim of a sports star. The fact that a small town hero even lost a season should tell you how bad the evidence looked for him.

Reactions: Str8DBLz

Authoritative reference Mr.Tikk! Thanks for the facts. It is interesting to observe how acts of intent are viewed differently from age to age within our legal system. Long held guide rails are often bent to help the powerful and/or popular continue along their path to so called greatness. Tom and AJ must live with themselves. So too must the young ladies.

Again: the kid was a huge 197 as a true freshman and has gotten significantly bigger since then. I very much doubt he makes 197, effectively. Meanwhile, Brooks will be cutting next to no weight and will attack him until he falls over.

He's going to be fine making 197. He's in now way heavy and far too damn short to be an effective one.

Steveson was saved by an absolutely draconian loophole (since closed) that the victim could not claim rape if they freely/voluntarily consumed the alcohol.

• Wow
Reactions: Ski and js8793

I came here to speculate exactly this, that the victim wanted to withdraw the charges, especially in light of the filing last week that the defense planned to introduce her past sexual history into the trial. The trauma that this poor girl endured at his hands and continues to endure to this day is very sad.

These "he said, she said" cases are very difficult to establish non-consent, made even more difficult in this case because there was no forcible penetration where a rape kit would provide more conclusive evidence that a violent attack occurred and not just consensual activity.

AJ is clearly a predator who has a pattern of sociopathic behavior (not just this incident). There is ZERO chance this doesn't end up reflecting very poorly on Iowa if he is admitted and wrestles for the team.

Brooks-Ferrari. Yes, please. @86PSUPaul how much did you pay for tickets last in Carver and how far in advance did you get them?
I bought 2 season tickets to Carver just for the PSU dual as it was way cheaper than buying for just the dual. Now that we've been to the last 2 there, I think I'll watch from home this time around. It was fun, but I'm not a huge fan of many of their fans.

He left DNA in Patrick McKees bed if my memory is correct.
6j6t9iT.gif

I bought 2 season tickets to Carver just for the PSU dual as it was way cheaper than buying for just the dual. Now that we've been to the last 2 there, I think I'll watch from home this time around. It was fun, but I'm not a huge fan of many of their fans.
Do you have tickets for sale then? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT