ADVERTISEMENT

Football Airport Q&A

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Long travel day for me , if anyone has any questions drop them below and I’ll answer throughout the day. I’ll be as open as I can be.

Reactions: rcy4499
Do you expect any WR to transfer out of PSU?

Have you heard what the new OC thinks about the players?

Thanks!

How crowded will DEN be today? Do you expect any delays due to weather?

How crowded will DEN be today? Do you expect any delays due to weather?
today is actually a decent day to fly. Everyone wanted to get to where they needed to be the last few days so today should be a decent day in terms of crowd levels. In terms of weather delays, should be minimal chance at delays throughout the day.

Do you expect any WR to transfer out of PSU?

Have you heard what the new OC thinks about the players?

Thanks!
Yeah I’m not sure how many players in total will transfer or even particularly at the WR position but I expect a couple. Or wouldn’t be surprised I say to see a couple. Dante Cephas is in a weird spot. Clearly fell down the depth chart the last few weeks. But there will be some turnover their for sure. For future questions, I still do expect Julian Fleming to be a Nittany Lion in the future

Reactions: paradox1984
Is McLain in the same spot as Cephus (depth chart drop) or is something else going on?

-Any insight on how the opt out situation played out yesterday?
More specifically why did Fashanu dress and not play and after practicing, why didn’t Kalen King play?

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
They need a lot help at OL, WR, and CB. With the current pieces I can’t imagine any better than 8-4 in 2024.

I saw a report that one of our safeties said that he was unaware that King opted out until Saturday (I assume the Saturday prior to the game). Not sure if that's true but it did seem like late decisions probably hurt us and not just by the player not playing but by taking time from the backups not working with the 1s full time.
If he wants to come back in 2024, TELL HIM NO!

Is McLain in the same spot as Cephus (depth chart drop) or is something else going on?

-Any insight on how the opt out situation played out yesterday?
More specifically why did Fashanu dress and not play and after practicing, why didn’t Kalen King play?
- McClain is definitely one of those whose place on the depth chart fell. Over the course of the season.

- Yeah the opt out situation is interesting because why practice all week if you’re not going to play. I haven’t been able to get a ton of specifics yet but all the signs and such tell me that they weren’t expecting those opt outs until the last minute.

My question would be, which positions are we actively pursuing in the portal right now? I assume WR, maybe a corner, maybe an OT, maybe a DT?
Yeah, WR they’re targeting. I think cornerback is a spot they’ll look to add to in the spring portal window for sure. Offensive tackle will be interesting, they had Herron in the mix obviously before he flipped to Maryland but it’s been quiet on that front.

I think they’ll comfortable with what they have at QB, RB, TE, most of the OL, most of the DL, and linebacker. Safety they would probably be fine at but adding another corner with experience I think would be a needed boost.

There is a small window here following the new year that they could get 2 and 4 year kids on campus for official visits. Might be something to watch. Beyond that, they’ll have to wait until the next semester to get any one on campus enrolled

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT