ADVERTISEMENT

Agressive Drivers & Philadelphians = Perfect together! Pittsburghers not that far behind! Come on

I've been through enough cities to know there are aggressive and stupid drivers in all of them. To me it's the same mentality some people use when flying. They don't mind being rude and pushy toward people they don't know and will likely never see again. And driving gives the added security of someone not having to be in the personal space of the person they're being disrespectful toward. "I'm the only person who matters. F*** the world" is how they see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
It's the perfect storm:

1. Aging and outdated infrastructure not meant to handle the amount of vehicles (of all types) on the roads. All the while PennDot is building a 6 lane highway west of Harrisburg to the middle of nowhere.

2. Aging population - PA is the 2nd "oldest" state in the country with the 2nd highest percentage of elderly, just behind Florida, leading to more of the "me first" and "I don't care about anyone behind me, I'm going to cruise in the passing lane b/c I'm going 2 miles over the speed limit" attitudes on the road.

3. Many folks from NY/NJ who have moved into the state over the last decade for cheaper housing adding both extra cars on the roads and those cars are usually filled with aggressive drivers.

Reactions: TheGLOV
from my experience, it's generally worse in Providence and Boston than in NY or Philly- but they are all pretty bad

"I'm the only person who matters. F*** the world" is how they see it.
Let's face it...there are a lot of people who apply this mentality to every facet of life, not just flying and driving. It's the whole entitlement attitude. "I can do whatever the hell I want but I'm not taking responsibility for anything...others will just have to deal with it"

Try a New Jersey traffic circle, say Routes 70 & 206 or 31 & 202, for some
Kamikaze driving...But while we’re at it, please don’t cruise in the passing lane.
On occasion, I cruise in the left lane on interstates if traffic is fairly heavy. So often, I pull back into the right lane after passing only to come up on slower vehicles in a minute or two and then get stuck behind them because there's not a break in the passing lane.

I just got back from Orlando. I had a headache every time I had to hit I-4 or drive on International Drive or Sand Lake Blvd exit. They don't know how to drive down there. A bunch of citrus-soaked idiots.

Glad to see little brother keeping up with the big boys in the East.

The Flyers just hit 16,000 days since their last sip from the cup. That's one mark where I hope little brother never catches up to big brother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT