ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
with the game on the line and last drive would you want anyone else.
Guy is an amazing QB. Still can’t believe all those teams passed him up. Lol

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
Much like I felt about Saquon Barkley at Penn State, Aaron Rodgers will retire with the best highlight reel of amazing throws, pocket play, primetime comebacks of any quarterback. Rodgers' peak is higher than anyone else's. He's constantly amazing. Now, a well-earned bye week.

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
The poor Niners (especially their secondary). :eek: They were in a daze immediately after the game. AA Ron scrambled around on a gimpy knee and made a series of amazing, clutch throws that moved his team down the field in roughly 50 seconds for the winning field goal. He showed again why he is the best in the game. Only Brady is in his class. Maybe Mahomes will get there one day.

It was also nice to see Mason Crosby redeem himself tonight. Game winning FG, and I believe he had three other FG's as well.

its a shame the 49ers lost. The most impressive part of that game, imo, was the 49ers ground game.

Aaron deserves to have been born and raised in Western PA, like the other greats!

No doubt Rodgers is a great QB but something about him makes him come off like he's full of himself, or maybe it's just me.

Reactions: psrurock
When you are as good as Rodgers you can be full of yourself.
Or maybe being full of himself helps make him a great quarterback.

I will say that he apparently isn't so full of himself that he simply cannot be with any babe other than a really hot one. His current one is Danica Patrick, who is okay but not going to win any awards. I've seen her do in depth conversation too (Joe Rogan podcast) and she doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box but then again neither does Rodgers (although he's a heckuva football player).

I will say that he apparently isn't so full of himself that he simply cannot be with any babe other than a really hot one. His current one is Danica Patrick, who is okay but not going to win any awards. I've seen her do in depth conversation too (Joe Rogan podcast) and she doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box but then again neither does Rodgers (although he's a heckuva football player).

Why do you think he isn’t a bright bulb? The way he plays with quick decision making he seems pretty smart.

And get off the arrogant shit. Nobody great can admit they are great or their arrogant. He is no different then Brady, Manning, Brees, Montana.

she doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box but then again neither does Rodgers (although he's a heckuva football player).
Sounds like you need to do some studying on Rodgers.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...y-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-unmasked-searching

Dalai+Lama.PNG

Why do you think he isn’t a bright bulb? The way he plays with quick decision making he seems pretty smart.

And get off the arrogant shit. Nobody great can admit they are great or their arrogant. He is no different then Brady, Manning, Brees, Montana.

Oh he's definitely football smart and I bet Danica is car racing smart but when I watched her do a two hour interview she came off an not that bright and to me Rodgers comes off the same way although admittedly I've only seen him in brief interviews so I could be wrong on that.

I started reading that but stopped after a few paragraphs. I'll probably read it later when I have more time. But two drawbacks are the first of all it's ESPN, who I don't like or trust, and secondly the first few paragraphs, like a lot of stories I see in that vein, are just too formuliac and pointless, if that makes sense.

I want to read and learn about Aaron Rodgers but I don't really want the writer to display his skills in setting up a scene and try to be dramatic about it. The first few paragraphs felt like they were all about the writer and I'm not reading it because of the writer. But as I say, I'll try again later.

ETA: In case someone wonders what I mean, here is the beginning of that article. It had me rolling my eyes a bit.

ETA: And I just added another paragraph. "And his arm--maybe the most valuable arm in the world--resting on a throw pillow." Ugh, makes me wanna puke. I know it doesn't have anything to do with Rodgers per se but the writing is just painful. But I promise, I will read it all later.

"After the game, Aaron Rodgers got on the bus. It was unusually cold in Arlington during the week leading up to Super Bowl XLV; a winter storm had barreled into Texas, blanketing Cowboys Stadium with so much snow that slabs of ice cascaded from the roof. When the game against the Steelers ended, the team was showered with confetti, then the players trudged down to the bus, where they sat for a while in the bowels of the stadium before heading back to their hotel. Someone brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy on board, and the players passed it around like a collection plate, each taking a moment to palm the sterling silver."

"As his teammates chattered away, the quarterback sat and listened and thought about the plays he had made that night: three touchdowns, zero interceptions, 304 yards. The bus rolled along, and he ran it all back in his mind, then pressed rewind and visualized his entire career, retracing the steps he had taken from Chico, California, to Arlington, from beleaguered backup to Super Bowl MVP. As he reflected on the sacrifices and the slights, he wondered whether it was all worth it, and then he felt something unexpected -- not regret or fulfillment but a different sensation, like a space had opened inside of him. He thought about life and football and everything he had invested in his sport, and a jarring realization sprang into his mind."

"I hope I don't just do this."

"It's an oppressively warm afternoon in Los Angeles, and I'm sitting in my living room, looking at Rodgers looking at my stuff. The night before, his agent had sent me his phone number, suggesting that we meet at either his place or mine. A couple of hours later, Rodgers texted me and told me he'd come here. So now he's sitting a few feet away from me on my sofa in a black T-shirt and jeans, Stan Smiths tapping on the floor, his arm -- maybe the most valuable arm in the world -- resting on a throw pillow."

Last edited:
Interesting NFL trivia, Rogers' last two games were the first ever consecutive passing 400+ yd games with no interceptions.

Another one... Patriots/Chiefs game was the first in NFL history to end in a 43-40 score.

Roger's played great, but the niners gave that game away. They ran for around 200 yards yet on 2nd & 3 and 3rd & 3 in GB territory when a 1st down would probably clinch the game threw 2 incompletions. Then they gave up at least 3 sideline completions in the GW drive.

Niner players and fans should be royally pissed off at the coaches.

Oh he's definitely football smart and I bet Danica is car racing smart but when I watched her do a two hour interview she came off an not that bright and to me Rodgers comes off the same way although admittedly I've only seen him in brief interviews so I could be wrong on that.
Well, Rodgers got into Cal with only one year of junior college under his belt. A part of that was obviously football, but he was not highly regarded coming out of junior college (Butte College), and you have to have better grades to transfer after one year of JC than you do after two years of JC. Tedford took a chance when he offered Rodgers a scholarship.

Rodgers also had contentious relationships with a couple of Cal professors who assumed, because he was a Cal football player, that he operated with a significant academic/intellectual deficit. That turned out not to be the case.

Reactions: mn78psu83
When you are as good as Rodgers you can be full of yourself.
Or maybe being full of himself helps make him a great quarterback.

Confidence. Put him in a corner and regardless of how things actually turn out, he totally believes he can come out on top.

I've now read the article on Rodgers. My takeaways.

1. I neither like ESPN nor articles like that in general, which I see a lot of. Far too much of it is about the writer trying to impress people. I don't care about the writer, I just care about the subject of the article.

2. I will retract what I said before about Rodgers not being the brightest bulb in the box. Not that I can tell that he isn't, but I can't tell that he is either. He is clearly very cautious about how the media portrays him and understandably so since the media can do whatever they want without repercussion.

3. The situation with his family just seems sad. Here is what it feels like. He comes from small town with conservative,religious beliefs. Via genetics and hard work he has become a national star and thus much more worldy, which has exposed him to probably so much more than his parents were ever exposed to and in the process it changed him and his beliefs. not for the worse but just different than how he grew up. And as such he and his folks are now so different they don't connect as well, which is bad enough, but they don't even have contact, which is very, very sad. I won't try to guess who is at fault if anyone though because I know situations like that can have a lot more to them than meet the eye.

4. In places other than that article he comes off a bit aloof but as that article says that could be partly because he's cautious.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT