ADVERTISEMENT

A star was born today at Penn State - Saquon Barkley!

Jerademan74

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
His elite running skills lit a fire under our Offenses butt and brought needed excitement back into our game. His running reminded me of Ki Jana Carter, but with an extra gear that just propelled our offense into life! I suggest building our offense around Barkley's talents which should open up time and space for Hack and his receivers as well. I know this was just Buffalo, but hopefully he will be able to help against all future teams.

Reactions: therod
He certainly bailed out both the OC and HC...

If he is durable, he certainly earned the starting TB position over Lynch, who looks blind and lumbering.

The offense did look totally different with Barkley in there. Same plays basically but it all just works better. He is much quicker than Lynch and has much better vision. The D has to play us differently with Barkley at RB and the occasional Polk jet sweep. There is a speed threat to the outside. I think we just caught a glimpse. But your right, it is only Buffalo so let's see how it develops throughout the year.

What really has me excited is a Barkley/ Miles Sanders rotation. Then you have Godwin seeming to become a man as well this year along with some of the other young receivers.

We are seeing what was our young talent in the sanction timeframe getting passed up by our post-sanction talent. It's coming. Sad to say but some guys will probably end up departing early to make room for the new talent once they are passed up.

Reactions: Jerademan74
The offense did look totally different with Barkley in there. Same plays basically but it all just works better. He is much quicker than Lynch and has much better vision. The D has to play us differently with Barkley at RB and the occasional Polk jet sweep. There is a speed threat to the outside. I think we just caught a glimpse. But your right, it is only Buffalo so let's see how it develops throughout the year.

What really has me excited is a Barkley/ Miles Sanders rotation. Then you have Godwin seeming to become a man as well this year along with some of the other young receivers.

We are seeing what was our young talent in the sanction timeframe getting passed up by our post-sanction talent. It's coming. Sad to say but some guys will probably end up departing early to make room for the new talent once they are passed up.
Replacing average to good talent with great talented players is necessary to get to the next level. It's clear that players like Barkley, Polk, Godwin, Cabinda, Hamilton and a few others are a solid nucleus to build from for the next few years. Supplementing that elite talent with newer incoming elite talent will get us there, assuming we coach them properly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT