ADVERTISEMENT

A Question on Paterno Situation

I'm no lawyer but I know that C/S/S were all found guilty of failure to report. The law obviously required him to report, at least in the eyes of a jury (GS) and judge.
Are you sure? I don't think so. The only thing the OAG could dial up was EWC. That is quite a stretch when you read the law.

No, FTR was dropped. They were found "guilty" of endangering the welfare of children. How that miracle was accomplished is anyone's guess, since they did not oversee children. I suspect a cowardly jury, and a Judge who had instructions.
Actually Curley and Schultz took a plea bargain which means there were concessions on both sides. The prosecution agreed to drop charges and they agreed to admit guilt to EWOC. Had they gone to trial the notes and emails from 98 would have been too much to explain away.....not they should have been charged, but those notes in particular made them look pretty bad. They were going to lose their jobs as it was a bad decision to consult Jerry instead of looking out for the school, but it wasn't done for the reasons Freeh tried to state along with the media.

If justice was applied equally and The McQueary Clan, Dr. Dranov, Bruce Heim and Jack Raykovitz etc. all were charged and nailed with EWC, I would not have a bitch. Snot nose Josh Shapiro says no one is above the law.....lol....and you have buffalo butt Ditka snorting and huffing in her summation clearly because she didn't have the law or the facts on her side. Plain and simple. this affair started and ended as another political prosecution by the Commonwealth OAG......and they have specialized in it for years.

Reactions: boddyebsen
Actually Curley and Schultz took a plea bargain which means there were concessions on both sides. The prosecution agreed to drop charges and they agreed to admit guilt to EWOC. Had they gone to trial the notes and emails from 98 would have been too much to explain away.....not they should have been charged, but those notes in particular made them look pretty bad. They were going to lose their jobs as it was a bad decision to consult Jerry instead of looking out for the school, but it wasn't done for the reasons Freeh tried to state along with the media.
A plea bargain is not a gift. The prosecution didn't give anything to Tim and Gary. If they thought they had evidence for a conviction, there would have been no offer.

LOL, that is why they never tried that line of defense. That is why they talked about DPW in particular....good try moron...but NOBODY is buying that BS line you are selling and I mean NOBODY.
Didn't Raykovitz admit under oath that Tim reported to the right place?

A plea bargain is not a gift. The prosecution didn't give anything to Tim and Gary. If they thought they had evidence for a conviction, there would have been no offer.
Not everyone is extended the opportunity either...cuts both ways. You can also say that they could have gone to trial if they were so confident in the lack of evidence...but again the notes and emails from 98 would have been hard to explain away.

He considers Jerry's charity DPW in this case because of Jack being a mandatory reporter. It's the six degrees of Kevin Bacon way of reporting...close enough for him. He fails to realize that if they made a formal report that they would have been actually covered no matter what the OAG wanted to do.
Did Jack Raykovitz do contract work for DPW? Was Dr. Jack a mandatory reporter?

Not everyone is extended the opportunity either...cuts both ways. You can also say that they could have gone to trial if they were so confident in the lack of evidence...but again the notes and emails from 98 would have been hard to explain away.
Did you read what I said?

Didn't Raykovitz admit under oath that Tim reported to the right place?
I believe Jack said he was a mandatory reporter, but maybe it was more than that....I honestly don't know. It's a leap someone here is making that TSM was a reporting agency, but it's not. The whole thing was a witch hunt and I find it odd that those that say that want more people to go down....really odd to be honest. Had Tim stuck to the plan it would have turned out differently...not sure why some have a hard time understanding this.

Are you sure? I don't think so. The only thing the OAG could dial up was EWC. That is quite a stretch when you read the law.

The State FACTUALLY lost on all 24 FELONY INDICTMENTS leveled against C/S&S in regards to FTR and their supposed cover-up related to criminal FTR failures, how funny is that you have trolls coming on here telling us how dumb we are that we don't know C/S&S were found "guilty of FTR", when nothing of the kind occurred and the State was only able to manage a "Misdemeanor EWOC" that had zippity-doo-day to do with the 24 Felony Counts related to FTR that The State UNQUESTIONABLY, UNEQUIVOCALLY AND INCONTROVERTIBLY LOST, LOST, LOST to the power of 24 on!!!!

But again, according to the PATHETIC, LYING, ANTI-FACTUAL slandering and defaming TROLLS, who are merely perpetrating their bull$hit propaganda campaigns that defame and slander PSU, PSU Football, JVP, the PSU Community, etc... out of their "enduring love of PSU" -- don't you know???

You aren't a lawyer and the only reason they were found guilty is because the judge wanted it that way. His rulings are an embarrassment to the law.

The amount of money The Commonwealth wasted on the prosecution of GS2 and TC made it imperative that a conviction for something......anything be obtained. After 6 years and millions of tax payer dollars they nailed the 3 biggest desperadoes in The Commonwealth with a misdemeanor. We will all be safer, thank God when Tim Curley is behind bars. LOL. Reminds me of good old Rufus prosecuting politicians for taking hundreds while he was pocketing thousands. There is a sadness to rationalizing the conviction of these men.

I don't care to do that dance...honestly. Save it for someone less seasoned I guess if you don't want a discussion.
You are seasoned? You chant the same BS and with more frequency than any of those you attack. It is you who needs to get a new approach or perhaps medication.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
I believe Jack said he was a mandatory reporter, but maybe it was more than that....I honestly don't know. It's a leap someone here is making that TSM was a reporting agency, but it's not. The whole thing was a witch hunt and I find it odd that those that say that want more people to go down....really odd to be honest. Had Tim stuck to the plan it would have turned out differently...not sure why some have a hard time understanding this.
No one at PSU were mandatory reporters. Get it? But, if indeed Tim reported to JR who was indeed a mandatory reporter.....guess what?
The fact is that no one reported CSA, so there was no report to be made. That is clearly why Raykovitz didn't even bother to mention it to his board.

Reactions: pomppomp01
We can finally agree on something"the whole thing was a witch hunt." But only the witches that were employed at PSU were put to the test. Odd. Not those who passed the buck in 98. Not JR, Bruce "send Jerry to the hotel" Heim, not Kitty "We've had to tell him before to back off certain boys." Not anyone a CMSD. But, hey, let's not go down that road.

No one at PSU were mandatory reporters. Get it? But, if indeed Tim reported to JR who was indeed a mandatory reporter.....guess what?
The fact is that no one reported CSA, so there was no report to be made. That is clearly why Raykovitz didn't even bother to mention it to his board.
Your opinions haven't become facts. You can try and make those leaps, but they are meaningless now. You forget that they had the discussion to call DPW or you just ignore it. They knew who to call. They chose to talk to Jerry first which was a mistake.

Bottom line, Jerry Sandusy being a pedophile had little to do with this whole affair. It was of no interest to Tom Corbett until he decided he couldn't hold back the investigation any longer and calculated he could kill two birds with one stone. As far as his ally Surma was concerned, JVP was quid pro quo.

Your opinions haven't become facts. You can try and make those leaps, but they are meaningless now. You forget that they had the discussion to call DPW or you just ignore it. They knew who to call. They chose to talk to Jerry first which was a mistake.
You don't call DPW unless someone reports child abuse.

Is it a fact that Dr. Dranov testified that he heard nothing from Mike McQueary that night that made him feel Child Protective Agencies or Law Enforcement needed to be contacted?

Then why would they discuss it at all? It was just for fun. Good try though.

It might astound you to know that a discussion is just that. People are known to look at a range of options as they approach any problem or task and finally settle on what they consider to be the best course of action. Given the information they have gathered and agree upon. Since the only person who claims he reported CSA was MM and clearly he didn't report that to his father or Dr. Dranov, why should we believe MM?No one he spoke to the night of the incident felt compelled to take action, they never pursued any written or telephone report about JS and his actions that night. Mike himself was so comfortable with the actions of his superior, Tim Curley, that he worked for 10 years, happily under his direction. Doesn't it seem odd that nothing came from Mike until he was confronted by investigators? Suddenly he saw things in the mirror and around corners and he watched the conviction of a man he himself professed to be a good and decent man.

It might astound you to know that a discussion is just that. People are known to look at a range of options as they approach any problem or task and finally settle on what they consider to be the best course of action. Given the information they have gathered and agree upon. Since the only person who claims he reported CSA was MM and clearly he didn't report that to his father or Dr. Dranov, why should we believe MM?No one he spoke to the night of the incident felt compelled to take action, they never pursued any written or telephone report about JS and his actions that night. Mike himself was so comfortable with the actions of his superior, Tim Curley, that he worked for 10 years, happily under his direction. Doesn't it seem odd that nothing came from Mike until he was confronted by investigators? Suddenly he saw things in the mirror and around corners and he watched the conviction of a man he himself professed to be a good and decent man.
What does the S stand for in CSA? Why would you even think of calling DPW if you had no suspicions at all? Then read Gary's notes about 98. At best it was wildly inappropriate, at best. Apparently you think they brought up DPW for shits and giggles. They had no suspicions at all but discussed reporting him. Yeah that screams of having no suspicions. That does not mean they knew, just that they had concerns. Then you talk about telling Jack, but why bother since according to you they were told nothing at all.

What does the S stand for in CSA? Why would you even think of calling DPW if you had no suspicions at all? Then read Gary's notes about 98. At best it was wildly inappropriate, at best. Apparently you think they brought up DPW for shits and giggles. They had no suspicions at all but discussed reporting him. Yeah that screams of having no suspicions. That does not mean they knew, just that they had concerns. Then you talk about telling Jack, but why bother since according to you they were told nothing at all.

But of course The States complete and total fail on the 24 Felony Indictments related to C/S&S's supposed "Legal Failures to Report" and "Conspiracy", "Perjury" and "Obstruction of Justice" attempting to hide these "failures" (which were proven farcical on their face as PSU made a legally qualifying report under CPSL outside of PSU!) say nothing in regards to your comical claims and allegations above. The State went 0-for-24 on Felony Indictments - losing all 24 - related to your claimed "criminal Failure to Report and Cover-up" claims above, but that tells you C/S&S are clearly criminally guilty of "Failure to Report" because you say so......LMFAO at what a pathetic little troll tool you are - let me guess, you're leveling these anti-factual, libelous, slanderous, defaming claims at PSU, PSU Athletics, PSU Administrators and The PSU Community in general (just like your corrupt masters and heros did) out of your "never-ending love for PSU" (and you didn't even go to PSU).....LOL douche-bag! You a funny little troll.

Sandusky accessing PSU's facilities had resulted in an administrative complaint. Tim reported to Jerry's employer that he (Jerry) and the Second Mile would no longer be permitted to use their facilities. The law of suspect ruled the Reign of Terror in the French Revolution. I've had suspicions about many people over the decades. How about you? Have you called authorities every time you have a suspicion? Jerry's employer was so concerned that they quickly gave him keys to a hotel fitness room down the street. In 2001, no one was in a better position to judge the actions of Jerry Sandusky in regard to the boys he took an interest in than Jack Raykovitz.

Sandusky accessing PSU's facilities had resulted in an administrative complaint. Tim reported to Jerry's employer that he (Jerry) and the Second Mile would no longer be permitted to use their facilities. The law of suspect ruled the Reign of Terror in the French Revolution. I've had suspicions about many people over the decades. How about you? Have you called authorities every time you have a suspicion? Jerry's employer was so concerned that they quickly gave him keys to a hotel fitness room down the street. In 2001, no one was in a better position to judge the actions of Jerry Sandusky in regard to the boys he took an interest in than Jack Raykovitz.
You said he wasn't told of anything though. Why would he discuss DPW or tell Jack if nothing was suspected. Seems to contradict your own statements.

What does the "CPS" stand for in CPS Law.....oh, it stands for "Child Protective Services Law" the governing PA CODE for the REPORTING OF CSA and the CODE that says Raykovitz and TSM had an "AGENCY RELATIONSHIP" with DPW as defined by THE "CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES" CODE stating that a report to a direct AGENT of DPW engaged in an "AGENCY RELATIONSHIP" with DPW is a QUALIFYING "REPORT of Suspected Potential CSA" that must be investigated by DPW and Their Agent according to the guidelines of the CODE (i.e., within 60 days of the REPORT)!!!

What does the "CPS" stand for in CPS Law.....oh, it stands for "Child Protective Services Law" the governing PA CODE for the REPORTING OF CSA and the CODE that says Raykovitz and TSM had an "AGENCY RELATIONSHIP" with DPW as defined by THE "CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES" CODE stating that a report to a direct AGENT of DPW engaged in an "AGENCY RELATIONSHIP" with DPW is a QUALIFYING "REPORT of Suspected Potential CSA" that must be investigated by DPW and Their Agent according to the guidelines of the CODE (i.e., within 60 days of the REPORT)!!!
You keep trying but it hasn't worked yet. LOL

You said he wasn't told of anything though. Why would he discuss DPW or tell Jack if nothing was suspected. Seems to contradict your own statements.
I said that MM never reported Child Sexual Abuse. If he did, don't you think Dr. Dranov would have suggested calling the authorities? Mike may have suspected practically anything, but he saw nothing. As such, all they had to go on was JS showering with a boy. Since that had happened before and all the proper agencies passed....why would Tim and Gary be different? You are suggesting that College Administrators should have had a better perspective on child abuse than all the controlling agencies and law enforcement. In spite of this, they went the extra step of reporting it to the very agency that employed Sandusky and "protected" the child.

I said that MM never reported Child Sexual Abuse. If he did, don't you think Dr. Dranov would have suggested calling the authorities? Mike may have suspected practically anything, but he saw nothing. As such, all they had to go on was JS showering with a boy. Since that had happened before and all the proper agencies passed....why would Tim and Gary be different? You are suggesting that College Administrators should have had a better perspective on child abuse than all the controlling agencies and law enforcement. In spite of this, they went the extra step of reporting it to the very agency that employed Sandusky and "protected" the child.
But if he reported nothing why did they even discuss DPW? Seems awfully odd to have that discussion and actually back out of it for being told nothing. You keep acting as if you were in the room, but I know better. You say MM said nothing but everyone seemed concerned enough to escalate it. You seem to think you know what was said with no doubt at all. I don't know what MM said but know they discussed DPW. Why would they do that?

But if he reported nothing why did they even discuss DPW? Seems awfully odd to have that discussion and actually back out of it for being told nothing. You keep acting as if you were in the room, but I know better. You say MM said nothing but everyone seemed concerned enough to escalate it. You seem to think you know what was said with no doubt at all. I don't know what MM said but know they discussed DPW. Why would they do that?

Who seemed concerned to escalate it? His father? Dranov? Those who were told first and last never seemed concerned enough to do anything. Yet the guys in the middle should have called DPW. I think Tim and Gary were reluctant to report something as sketchy as MM was describing. Why not? His own father was. They settled on what they thought was a prudent course.

Who seemed concerned to escalate it? His father? Dranov? Those who were told first and last never seemed concerned enough to do anything. Yet the guys in the middle should have called DPW. I think Tim and Gary were reluctant to report something as sketchy as MM was describing. Why not? His own father was. They settled on what they thought was a prudent course.
You cannot explain away why they discussed DPW, but you sure seem certain about what was said. They made the wrong decision not to call. It's ok to say that and I don't care if you disagree, feel free to. You certainly aren't making a convincing case that they suspected nothing at all.

Reactions: Bob78
You cannot explain away why they discussed DPW, but you sure seem certain about what was said. They made the wrong decision not to call. It's ok to say that and I don't care if you disagree, feel free to. You certainly aren't making a convincing case that they suspected nothing at all.
I seriously doubt they suspected that Sandusky was a pedophile in 2001. You can choose to side with Towny as he claims everyone knew including the police. I will believe that no one thought this was the case. Jerry was respected and revered at that point and reporting an incident that was extremely sketchy wasn't the option that Tim and Gary chose. If the PSU folks didn't handle things properly (as it was perceived at the time) surely you must admit that John McQueary and Dr. Dranov were free to and knew the numbers to call.

It was fine IMO that Curley confronted Sandusky. The question is why did he stop there? Did Jerry convince him that there was nothing sexual?

If I recall, JS offered to tell them who the boy was. In hindsight, they (CSS) made a mistake in not finding out and using that as part of a more complete follow-up.

Jerry of course said that it was nothing sexual; whether he convinced them or not is not known.

Tim did tell Raykovitz, so it did not stop at confronting JS. (and conspiracy of silence completely debunked).

Raykozitz was a mandated reporter, so he had an obligation to take whatever mandated actions needed as per protocol. He did not. In Spanier's trial, Raykovitz stated on the stand that he was the proper person to bring such reports to.... Central Mtn. Schools District had contacted him and he said that was a proper course of action (why was it proper then but not enough when Tim did?). He said that Tim did not report a sexual abuse situation to him. Yet, Raykovitz supposedly said to Tim, 'if you're trying to tell JS is a pedophile, you're nuts'. So, the thought crossed his mind regardless of what Tim said. He had a duty to take action.

Imo, Tim reported properly; his mistake, in hindsight, was to not follow-up or press the issue or go back and get more guidance from Courtney or whatever. That would have likely led him to then reporting to CYS. He needed help, as he said in his email. He didn't get anything useful from the others, and didn't ask again. In hindsight, a big mistake.
I still have to wonder where Harmon was in all this? His name never comes up, yet we know Gary asked him about the '98 file.

As we know all too well, the attorneys for CSS left their bats on their shoulders during the Spanier trial, and maybe otherwise as well. Belt-high medium speed pitches went by..... struck out looking. But, perhaps they felt that even 3 wild pitches in the dirt would have resulted in a called strike out.

It is all so surreal.

I seriously doubt they suspected that Sandusky was a pedophile in 2001. You can choose to side with Towny as he claims everyone knew including the police. I will believe that no one thought this was the case. Jerry was respected and revered at that point and reporting an incident that was extremely sketchy wasn't the option that Tim and Gary chose. If the PSU folks didn't handle things properly (as it was perceived at the time) surely you must admit that John McQueary and Dr. Dranov were free to and knew the numbers to call.
I don't think anyone knew how big a monster he was but a second report raised enough eyebrows that they discussed making a formal report. That isn't an opinion, their own words state they thought about calling DPW. I'm not sure why me saying that is bothersome to you, but oh well.

If I recall, JS offered to tell them who the boy was. In hindsight, they (CSS) made a mistake in not finding out and using that as part of a more complete follow-up.

Jerry of course said that it was nothing sexual; whether he convinced them or not is not known.

Tim did tell Raykovitz, so it did not stop at confronting JS. (and conspiracy of silence completely debunked).

Raykozitz was a mandated reporter, so he had an obligation to take whatever mandated actions needed as per protocol. He did not. In Spanier's trial, Raykovitz stated on the stand that he was the proper person to bring such reports to.... Central Mtn. Schools District had contacted him and he said that was a proper course of action (why was it proper then but not enough when Tim did?). He said that Tim did not report a sexual abuse situation to him. Yet, Raykovitz supposedly said to Tim, 'if you're trying to tell JS is a pedophile, you're nuts'. So, the thought crossed his mind regardless of what Tim said. He had a duty to take action.

Imo, Tim reported properly; his mistake, in hindsight, was to not follow-up or press the issue or go back and get more guidance from Courtney or whatever. That would have likely led him to then reporting to CYS. He needed help, as he said in his email. He didn't get anything useful from the others, and didn't ask again. In hindsight, a big mistake.
I still have to wonder where Harmon was in all this? His name never comes up, yet we know Gary asked him about the '98 file.

As we know all too well, the attorneys for CSS left their bats on their shoulders during the Spanier trial, and maybe otherwise as well. Belt-high medium speed pitches went by..... struck out looking. But, perhaps they felt that even 3 wild pitches in the dirt would have resulted in a called strike out.

It is all so surreal.
I wonder if anyone who posts here have acquaintances who are or were close friends with Jerry? I happened to know one very well and I can tell you that they never suspected or believed Jerry was a pedophile.

Reactions: francofan

Repeating myself here, I know.....
My belief is that the combination of the '98 results being non-criminal, and Raykovitz - the supposed expert - saying he did not believe JS was a pedophile, led them down the wrong path. They had bad and/or incomplete and/or confusing information (as we know with the benefit of hindsight) and made their decisions based on that mess.
Their error was in not getting more help, which would have been as close as Harmon in the UPPD. They were in over their heads, imo, and didn't realize all of what they didn't know.

I don't think anyone knew how big a monster he was but a second report raised enough eyebrows that they discussed making a formal report. That isn't an opinion, their own words state they thought about calling DPW. I'm not sure why me saying that is bothersome to you, but oh well.
It doesn't bother me, you have said it in every post. Do you remember reading about all the options Kennedy discussed during the Cuban Missile Crisis? Why didn't he drop the bomb on Russia? After all, it was discussed.

I wonder if anyone who posts here have acquaintances who are or were close friends with Jerry? I happened to know one very well and I can tell you that they never suspected or believed Jerry was a pedophile.

I know a few. I agree with you that they firmly believe that JS is not a pedophile, and have had some insight into the evidence put into play, which in their opinions exonerates JS. These are people I like, respect, and would otherwise listen to their opinions with an open mind.

I don't talk about the JS aspect of this saga with them, as I disagree wrt JS's guilt.

But they know I am firmly with them when it comes to how PSU and JVP and CSS have been wronged.

I know a few. I agree with you that they firmly believe that JS is not a pedophile, and have had some insight into the evidence put into play, which in their opinions exonerates JS. These are people I like, respect, and would otherwise listen to their opinions with an open mind.

I don't talk about the JS aspect of this saga with them, as I disagree wrt JS's guilt.

But they know I am firmly with them when it comes to how PSU and JVP and CSS have been wronged.
My experience is similar and it is someone who is among the most wonderful people I have ever known in my life.
If JS fooled these people, it is easy to understand why Tim and Gary took the course of action that they did (in real time). Not the enhanced hindsight that we enjoy today. Even with the scandal here, look at the mistakes that were made in the Nasser Case at MSU? They had several contemporaneous reports from MSU Athletes and nothing came of it. Do people really think that everyone at MSU were protecting him? Why do folks refuse to accept how difficult it is to identify this kind of offender. Hell, Nasser abused a young girl in the presence of her mother (who even noticed he had an erection).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT