ADVERTISEMENT

A one point loss. What a heartbreaker, but the mistakes

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
that led to it are easily seen. There is no mystery here. Too many mistakes. Fundamentals like catching the ball and tackling in space were below average.

What was not below average in this game and its aftermath is the entitled attitude of some fans here.

Close loss, home loss, but the coach does NOT need to be fired. Jesus. That is embarrassing talk.

This team is down. The players need some help getting past this. Set aside your butthurt. If the players react like you they will continue to lose.

I hope we all become better fans.

that led to it are easily seen. There is no mystery here. Too many mistakes. Fundamentals like catching the ball and tackling in space were below average.

What was not below average in this game and its aftermath is the entitled attitude of some fans here.

Close loss, home loss, but the coach does NOT need to be fired. Jesus. That is embarrassing talk.

This team is down. The players need some help getting past this. Set aside your butthurt. If the players react like you they will continue to lose.

Exactly. Look at the big picture.

Reactions: demlion
Yup there were some mistakes that need cleaned up, from missed tackles to dropped passes to missed fgs, that might have led to a different outcome. And we still need better players, especially on defense.

demlion, thanks so much for this. A breath of sanity and dare I say healing insight ☺ in the midst of a painful loss. There are some other posters on the board in other threads who have attempted to do the same, but we know the negative always runs amok on the board after a loss. It's got to burn itself out. Bottom line, we did not do enough of the big or little things to win this game. We've got to get better. More recruiting! More recruiting! More recruiting!

It's amazing to see what Coach Franklin has built since he's been at Penn State. Consider the depleted roster and the negative news events about PSU when he started and look how good the program is now. He is bringing on good players regularly and appears to be a master of recruiting, from marketing, talent evaluation, salesmanship, and the quality of the product he is selling. No reason at all why Penn State can not win conference and National championships.

It's noted elsewhere that it took Dabo Sweeney 8 years to get Clemson into the playoffs. Different sport, but it took Coach K 6 years to get into the Final Four and 11 years to win a national championship.

The program is being built the right way, and by the right coach.

Reactions: ncgolfer
Anyone saying the coaches should be fired we’re either drunk or are just the lunatic variety of fan anyway. I am highly critical of numerous coaching decisions last night, but to say they should be fired is laughable.

Reactions: psualt

Spot on !! The tackling on the screens was bad. Tackling has to be a point of emphasis the rest of the year. Next spring and August as well.

giphy.gif

Thanks Dem

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT