ADVERTISEMENT

A Day in the Life of Olympic Wrestling Champion David Taylor

I recently met an incredible family at my CrossFit Box in State College, that moved here entirely for their 12 son to train at M2 . The focus of their fitness, and their devotion to have their son to train with DT. Please , understand I had a daughter live in Harrisburg for a summer to train with two Olympic Gold Medals swim coach.
My point : the opportunity to have this in your backyard is amazing.

The most impressive thing about David is how he conducts himself. He never disrespects anybody (competitors, fans, adults or kids), though the pressures must be real. That will stay with him forever. He learned it from Cael and he will pass it on. I agree, I can’t think of a better successor for the program. But, I am in no hurry to see this team stop their pursuit of National and World Championships. We are!

In addition to all his wrestling success, it's good to see David Taylor so solidly a part of the State College community.

Is there any doubt that he would be prime candidate #1 when the PSU head coaching job comes open (no time soon, I hope)?
I would be *very* surprised if the eventual succession plan has not already been at least loosely discussed.

I would be *very* surprised if the eventual succession plan has not already been at least loosely discussed.
Cael will pass Coach Gable in Natty Daddies then retire imo , he doesn’t seem like he’d drag out a career too long

The most impressive thing about David is how he conducts himself. He never disrespects anybody (competitors, fans, adults or kids), though the pressures must be real. That will stay with him forever. He learned it from Cael and he will pass it on. I agree, I can’t think of a better successor for the program. But, I am in no hurry to see this team stop their pursuit of National and World Championships. We are!
Cael polished it, but David's parents laid quite a foundation.

In addition to all his wrestling success, it's good to see David Taylor so solidly a part of the State College community.

Is there any doubt that he would be prime candidate #1 when the PSU head coaching job comes open (no time soon, I hope)?
You obviously don’t read GIA.. DT will be coaching Iowa with Dake and Nolf as assistants

• Haha
Reactions: Ski
No, he’s too smug of a SOB to half of them. On the same subject, some are craving Cox.
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Reactions: nitlion6
Really cool. Love seeing what he has created at M2. Is that a typical practice with the number of students there? Looked like a pretty full room. It’s awesome that Geno was at the NLWC for a full month. Had to be huge for guys like DT and Kyle. Getting to roll with a guy as good as him with a European style for a full month should be super beneficial. I can’t wait for Final X and worlds this year! This US team is going to be so good especially with Gable back and Vito wrestling better than ever

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT