ADVERTISEMENT

93.7 the Fan

The funniest thing I heard on air was one day they had Pirates announcer Joe Block on the morning show, after which they started to make fun of him. So 30 minutes later, Bob Walk calls in and literally reams them on air. And they had to sit there and take it. They are the Pirates flagship. and they are there busting on the play by play guy. It was Epic.

This is why they can't rail on the Pitt program, but they can knock Penn State all they want.
I was listening that day as well. They asked Walk how he was doing and he immediately said not well and ripped them a new one. Ever since, they have kissed his ass.

Reactions: dbsteel
Pitt media/fans getting joy out of Penn State losing is like me laughing at Ryan Gosling because he's *only* married to Eva Mendes.

Reactions: dbsteel and nits74
I was listening that day as well. They asked Walk how he was doing and he immediately said not well and ripped them a new one. Ever since, they have kissed his ass.

I don't think Bob Walk is someone you mess with. He seems grumpy all the time.

Reactions: nits74
I just can't get worked up over what the gas-bag radio jockeys, the talking-head television fools and the uninformed print columnists have to say about PSU. And that goes for the good stuff as well as the bad.
Penn State lost two games over the last two weekends. Could have won both games. You can say they should have won both games. I was disappointed, but my world sure didn't come to an end. It that makes me a bad fan, so be it.
I don't worry too much about what is written and said after football games. I enjoy watching the games. And I enjoy exchanging thoughts and ideas after they are played. But I certainly don't lose any sleep over the opinions offered by others, not matter how outlandish.
I actually feel sad for those petty little people who find joy in the failings and struggles of others in all segments of life. What a pathetic way to live your life.

I just can't get worked up over what the gas-bag radio jockeys, the talking-head television fools and the uninformed print columnists have to say about PSU. And that goes for the good stuff as well as the bad.
Penn State lost two games over the last two weekends. Could have won both games. You can say they should have won both games. I was disappointed, but my world sure didn't come to an end. It that makes me a bad fan, so be it.
I don't worry too much about what is written and said after football games. I enjoy watching the games. And I enjoy exchanging thoughts and ideas after they are played. But I certainly don't lose any sleep over the opinions offered by others, not matter how outlandish.
I actually feel sad for those petty little people who find joy in the failings and struggles of others in all segments of life. What a pathetic way to live your life.
Spot on. Used to get irritated with that sort of thing in my younger days. Not so much now. That said, what is irritating is that guys like these who contribute nothing are even drawing a pay check.

Pitt students get free Tshirts if they show up for the Thursday night game. Need to know if they are a dri fit or some shitty polyester blend before we know if it's worth attending that mess.

Let me get this straight. If 4 Pitt students combine their weekly allowance from mommy and daddy and purchase 4 tickets for $2 they can also get 4 shirts? with the possibility of getting a free beverage if they stay for the whole game?

Want to bet, as screwed up their athletic department is, the shirts are the same yellow color as the seats and you won't see the fans anyway?

The entire media, for that matter. Reading Cory Geiger, for example, explaining to me what he would have done differently than CJF, JoeMo or Pry is like asking a toddler what to do with my 401k.

Last edited:
Those people that seriously think in a last second heartbreaker that Franklin is thinking about his image and or recruiting 1 second after the clock hits zero must think this guy is the smartest guy in the world

Anyone who takes 40 minutes to listen to his Press conference every week and his interviews know that's just who he is and who he represents. Watch Koa Farmers dad's interview on Unrivaled this week. His dad says "I love that man...everything he has promised my son on and off the field he has kept" Ask Pitt players parents the same question about Narduzzi. Spare me the Georgia St kicker comments. This guys job is to mold men on HIS squad....not Georgia States or Pitt's. That's pitt and Georgia St. problem. He has expectations and goals for players on his team

Those people that seriously think in a last second heartbreaker that Franklin is thinking about his image and or recruiting 1 second after the clock hits zero must think this guy is the smartest guy in the world

Anyone who takes 40 minutes to listen to his Press conference every week and his interviews know that's just who he is and who he represents. Spare me the Georgia St kicker comments. This guys job is to mold men on HIS squad....not Georgia States or Pitt's. That's pitt and Georgia St. problem. He has expectations and goals for players on his team
its a great point.

Pitt media/fans getting joy out of Penn State losing is like me laughing at Ryan Gosling because he's *only* married to Eva Mendes.
th

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I guess I just don't get the controversial angle for sports talk. I don't listen to sports talk radio (or any radio, for that matter), not do I watch the just-as-bad talking heads on any tv sports shows. I do talk to friends and colleagues about sports. You know what happens if one person starts spouting stupid controversial shit just to be controversial? We stop including him in the discussions.

I guess I just don't get the controversial angle for sports talk. I don't listen to sports talk radio (or any radio, for that matter), not do I watch the just-as-bad talking heads on any tv sports shows. I do talk to friends and colleagues about sports. You know what happens if one person starts spouting stupid controversial shit just to be controversial? We stop including him in the discussions.
Good policy.

Mueller hates PSU as a result of how the university handled the Sandusky issue.
Wrong. He hated them even while attending school there. Said, himself, he loved walking around campus wearing Pitt gear. And he graduated long before the whole Sandusky thing.

Great. Now we have people coming to this board for the sole purpose of defending Chris Mueller. What a weird time to be alive.

I don't think he's defending him- just pointing out that he's an ass with a face made for radio. A Pitt homer who went to Penn State. Not someone who switched allegiances.

Reactions: PSUoh90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT