ADVERTISEMENT

76'ers - The Process

Well I guess you prefer being mediocre for decades instead.
Other teams in all sports have played to win while building for the future. There are no guarantees you will win a championship just like there are no guarantees that intentionally tanking will win.

I'm rooting for Brandon Ingram and Jamal Murray. I'm not taking a chance with Simmons never figuring out how to shoot. Dun didn't have a very good season. Murray really came on for the 2nd half of the year, and I think he can do more than Hield.

The most amusing thing, in a sick way, was Josh Harris and Baby Colangelo constantly talking in that press conference about how well the Sixers are set up going into the future, with all these assets. Well then why the hell did you screw over Hinkie, you moron?
Dude, I hear you but I think you have to go Simmons if you get the number one pick. Too much potential.

Tragic in a way about Hinkie but it's going to be hard for anyone to screw up with the assets he is leaving behind. Hang in there

Reactions: Judge Smails
Dude, I hear you but I think you have to go Simmons if you get the number one pick. Too much potential.

Tragic in a way about Hinkie but it's going to be hard for anyone to screw up with the assets he is leaving behind. Hang in there

Simmons could be just a better passing Julius Randle. And his effort on defense most of the year was fairly atrocious.

Ingram has the potential to be another Durant. Fifteen months younger than Simmons, 4" better standing reach.

What team has proven that tanking wins you NBA Championships? The Spurs and Heat never have. Warriors were a mid-lottery team and not a bottom feeder like the Sixers. Minnesota have been perennial bottom feeders and haven't made the playoffs in 12 Years. The closest would be OKC who drafted Kevin Durant, Westbrook, and James Hardin. But they haven't won anything.

Actually the Spurs did tank. How do you think they got Duncan and Robinson? They only tanked for one year at a time.

Not really. He really only has 2 1st round picks. MCW was traded for a pick they will get this year or next. Saric is set to play next year and Embid has been hurt. Hinkie was there for 3 years. It was a 2 year tank, that turned into 3 because of Embid. Even 2 or 3 years ago, anyone who knew anything about basketball was saying that they still weren't going to be good for several years to come.

No. THey had 5. MCW exists. Embid was hurt but that was a Hinkie pick. He might NEVER Play. YOu can pretend they only had two but they had five.

..... this is a team that has gotten out of the first round of the playoffs, what, a handful of times in the past 30 years? ..... Was a body blow to have him quit after he was kneecapped by Colangelo, the old b@stard.

Cut my interest in the team by 80%. Not sure how much I'll be following in the future.

Since the 1990 - 91, the 76ers have 10 seasons where the W - L record was > 500. As a fan, I was ready for anything to potentially improve the team. He was certainly kneecapped and then replaced by the guy's son!

Since the 1990 - 91, the 76ers have 10 seasons where the W - L record was > 500. As a fan, I was ready for anything to potentially improve the team. He was certainly kneecapped and then replaced by the guy's son!

Hinkie made his bed. He did not improve the team. He could not even win 25% of the games. He needed to show improvement. He could win 10 games in year one but not in year three.

Hinkie made his bed. He did not improve the team. He could not even win 25% of the games. He needed to show improvement. He could win 10 games in year one but not in year three.
Jesus, you're dense. They weren't supposed to improve!!!!!!! That is what a tank is!

Reactions: NJPSU
Jesus, you're dense. They weren't supposed to improve!!!!!!! That is what a tank is!

I REALLY think the improvements start next season: Center: Noel, Forward: Simmons or Ingram, Forward (Saric) Guard (23 and 27 pick - one of them or trade both to move up), Guard (trade for Okafor). That "should result in a very young talented team of all first round picks AND more to come next year.
So, I have to believe the tanking is over. I do not see any way past it :)

I REALLY think the improvements start next season: Center: Noel, Forward: Simmons or Ingram, Forward (Saric) Guard (23 and 27 pick - one of them or trade both to move up), Guard (trade for Okafor). That "should result in a very young talented team of all first round picks AND more to come next year.
So, I have to believe the tanking is over. I do not see any way past it :)
And the Lakers first rounder will be unprotected. The Sixers will still be in the lottery and they have a pick swap with that dumpster fire in Sacramento. It could be interesting.

One of my favorite scenarios is trading Okafor to Boston for the Nets first rounder this year. That could also net (pun intended) another impact player soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT