ADVERTISEMENT

5 finalists, but the semi-finals were too close for comfort....

Valencia in his own words post championship was that he might not move up to 184 and that he was not cutting much weight at 174.

draw from it what you will.

His brother is the one that pays the price I think because he has the look of a guy who is cutting a lot of weight.

I hope he moves up to 184. He and Shakur have the same size and build. With his size and height advantage it is going to be tough for Hall to beat a guy with those natural advantages. Let him move up and take on Rasheed.

I was just remarking on what I saw....Lewis and Valencia put on their singlets and showed them how it’s done.
Just No need to remark and cry about it on here. It’s negative Nancy -Debbie downer stuff. The sky is not falling. Nobody that has any wrestling wisdom is buying what you’re selling.

Last edited:
OK, I was sharing an observation that caused me concern. I accept the ridicule.

But next year, this team is anchored by Joseph and Hall, and they are unlikely to defeat Lewis and Valencia. That should be a cause for concern for all of us.

I like it when we are underdogs. We do even better when properly motivated. 4 years ago vs everyone, 3 years ago vs OSU, 2 yrs ago vs tOSO in the dual..
Cassar vs Gable twice then again vs White. Being the favorite is great but not as fun or rewarding when we take it

Reactions: stacyusaf
I hope he moves up to 184. He and Shakur have the same size and build. With his size and height advantage it is going to be tough for Hall to beat a guy with those natural advantages. Let him move up and take on Rasheed.

LOL. So you’re advocating for a fairness doctrine? I don’t think it’s up to Zahid to move up so Mark can win a title.

Seriously.

If Zahid was unfairly big on Saturday, than you'd think the cut would've killed him on Friday. Yet somehow he wrecked Lewis.
He struggled last year on Friday night against Amine and was obviously much improved this year against Lewis. Maybe he improved his weight mgmt., definitely corrected something. If a Zahid, I am moving up to help my brother and for the challenge, and some occasional ice cream and cheese burger. When you are that good, why cut?

He struggled last year on Friday night against Amine and was obviously much improved this year against Lewis. Maybe he improved his weight mgmt., definitely corrected something. If a Zahid, I am moving up to help my brother and for the challenge, and some occasional ice cream and cheese burger. When you are that good, why cut?
Amine is better than Lewis and wrestles a more conservative style. That may have been a factor. Hall has never beaten Amine by more than 1 pt.

Yesterday wasn't the first time Zahid said the cut isn't that much -- so I'll choose to believe him.

If the 165 cut is too much for Anthony, then maybe he should go up to 184.

I’d imagine he has Olympic aspirations, yes? I’d so he’d have to move up, and so would Mark.

We had a #2 that dropped out in R16 -- and we still won by 40+. What, exactly, is the problem here? Yes, next year we'll have a different team... But we'll have the same coaching staff. And, cross your fingers, Rasheed will be healthy the whole season and could quite possibly stand on the top spot on the podium. Just enjoy the ride!

Amine is better than Lewis and wrestles a more conservative style. That may have been a factor. Hall has never beaten Amine by more than 1 pt.

Yesterday wasn't the first time Zahid said the cut isn't that much -- so I'll choose to believe him.

If the 165 cut is too much for Anthony, then maybe he should go up to 184.

Maybe Anthony just isn’t destined for greatness? #Is what it is

I’d imagine he has Olympic aspirations, yes? I’d so he’d have to move up, and so would Mark.
Perhaps Mark would go up to 80 kg/176 lb for a non-Olympic year -- but seriously doubt he would go all the way up to 189 lb for the Olympics. He would need to be walking around 205-210. Plus he would be short for the competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT